Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Detroit in "Fairley" New Trouble

Dtman513

This isn't the first time he has been in trouble. He hasn't panned out so far. When he was drafted, many people (including myself) thought it was going to be impossible to run on Detroit with Suh and Fairley in the middle. But with his injuries and off-field troubles (which were present before he got drafted, if I remember correctly), it's been all hype

And this part of the article is telling:

"Fairley is one of three members of the Lions' 2011 draft class to be arrested since the conclusion of the last season. Former seventh-round offensive lineman Johnny Culbreath was arrested in South Carolina in January and second-round running back Mikel Leshoure was arrested twice for possession of marijuana (February 18, March 12) in a span of a month. Wide receiver Titus Young was not arrested, but was absent from the start of last week's OTAs after sucker-punching teammate Louis Delmas during offseason workouts."

As much as some people want to consider the Colts long-term preference for drafting good character players as a sign of weakness, I don't see how you can go far with a locker room like this (and don't forget Suh). The succession of issues suggests a general lack of self-control and intelligence - both of which are usually integral to being a successful pro athlete.

And this part of the article is telling:

"Fairley is one of three members of the Lions' 2011 draft class to be arrested since the conclusion of the last season. Former seventh-round offensive lineman Johnny Culbreath was arrested in South Carolina in January and second-round running back Mikel Leshoure was arrested twice for possession of marijuana (February 18, March 12) in a span of a month. Wide receiver Titus Young was not arrested, but was absent from the start of last week's OTAs after sucker-punching teammate Louis Delmas during offseason workouts."

As much as some people want to consider the Colts long-term preference for drafting good character players as a sign of weakness, I don't see how you can go far with a locker room like this (and don't forget Suh). The succession of issues suggests a general lack of self-control and intelligence - both of which are usually integral to being a successful pro athlete.

I agree. And Schwartz might have some influence on it too. Let's not forget that he isn't necessarily the "fairest/cleanest" coach in the NFL. I'm not saying he is responsible for it, but there might be some connection. I used to be a Lions fan, but after what Suh and Schwartz did last season, I'm no longer a fan and I consider Suh to be a dirty player

I don't think Suh is a bad guy. He seems like a really nice kid in interviews, he just loses his temper and plays with intensity. I like him.

I don't think Suh is a bad guy. He seems like a really nice kid in interviews, he just loses his temper and plays with intensity. I like him.

This on Suh. It wasn't till he got to the NFL that he became the nightmare that he is. If he can control himself in the game, he could avoid a lot of what is making him look like a dirty player.

This on Suh. It wasn't till he got to the NFL that he became the nightmare that he is. If he can control himself in the game, he could avoid a lot of what is making him look like a dirty player.

I feel people mistake his fire and intensity for dirty play. I like how much he loves the game. He was robbed of the Heisman btw. Also, the game where he stomped on that Packer was infuriating to watch. So many bad calls against Detroit, if I were a Lion, I probably would've stomped someone too haha