Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Tepper

unitaswestand

I have watched the game three times now, just trying to break down the line play. One guy who really impressed was Mike Tepper. Now, I realize he is going against backups. But he really gets a good push in the running game. Both runs by Evans the end were from Tepper blocks. If you get a chance, rewatch his game and see him really push people backwards. If he keeps moving people like that as he plays against better competition, I think he makes the team

I have watched the game three times now, just trying to break down the line play. One guy who really impressed was Mike Tepper. Now, I realize he is going against backups. But he really gets a good push in the running game. Both runs by Evans the end were from Tepper blocks. If you get a chance, rewatch his game and see him really push people backwards. If he keeps moving people like that as he plays against better competition, I think he makes the team

Whats his #?

Too much info to digest with all the stragers in town.

You and I are on the same page with Tepper. I was watching the game and I saw someone make a good block and I thought, "who is that guy?" Then when I saw another good block from him I looked him up on Colts.com and then watched him the rest of the game and he looked good.

You and I are on the same page with Tepper. I was watching the game and I saw someone make a good block and I thought, "who is that guy?" Then when I saw another good block from him I looked him up on Colts.com and then watched him the rest of the game and he looked good.

Tepper is just another example of what I, and many others, have been saying over and over for two days now. If anyone thinks the game @ STL was a terrible omen, than quite simply, they don't know football and the many subtle nuances of preseason.

If anyone thought the game was a disaster than they don't have an inner coach, they are not a member of the football-geek squad. This is a time of year for the aficionados to weigh in. The less passionate and knowledgeable fans should really stand down and listen to the positives being hurled out by the fans on this forum.

Tepper is #67. I am really interested in the lineman, so I just keep rewatching plays on the offensive and defensive lines, trying to evaluate each player. Then when I got to Tepper, I noticed he was really driving his guys in run blocking. On the final run by Darren Evans, notice he pulled out and landed a block, so he has some mobility as well. I went back and read about him a bit. The Colts signed him to a 3 year contract. He was a good tackle in college, but is considered more of a guard now. But, at least in this game, he got far better drive then DeVan or Pollack. Again, he is playing against lesser guys, but looked good.

In fact, he and Kirkpatrick looked very good working side by side.

The Colts actually averaged like 4.8 ypc in that game. I think the Colts use the preseason more effectively then most teams, as they really get alot of players in different positions to evaluate. Like notice Pollack moving around. Or DeVan. They throw up all these different configurations. Doesn't win the game, but really lets them pinpoint who can do what.

Defensively, Ogbu is very quick of the ball.