Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Needs For Next Draft

And who would be the most ideal player for the positions in most need?

Im having trouble deciding which one would be the better one to get between Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery.

To Gavin, I think Brandon Jenkins will be taken somewhere between 18-36 so that's why I didn't add him in

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amerson of course but I'd be happy with Rhodes, but if we wan to put the Texans on notice then we go

1.Amerson

2.Brandon Jenkins or Devin Taylor

3, and if for some wild reason Montee Ball falls to the 3rd wow

And who would be the most ideal player for the positions in most need?

Im having trouble deciding which one would be the better one to get between Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery.

To Gavin, I think Brandon Jenkins will be taken somewhere between 18-36 so that's why I didn't add him in

DB, it was totally ignored in the draft. And it is "arguably" the team's biggest need.

D will be front and center next season in the draft.

Amerson is my want player. But Indy will not be nearly bad enough to get him.

DB, it was totally ignored in the draft. And it is "arguably" the team's biggest need.

D will be front and center next season in the draft.

Amerson is my want player. But Indy will not be nearly bad enough to get him.

Amerson is a lot of people's "guy" on here.

I even started a thread about him after the draft ended

If Amerson isn avaiable for us then Im saying Jarvis Jones or Manti Teo. Dont forget we could easily adress one pf these positions in free agency next year. And I wouldnt say Hilton and Brazil turn out to be worthless. They both have high upside and a good skill set. Hilton has amzing speed and elusivness as well.

Amerson or Woods... I think if Avery doesn't work out, Hilton and Brazill turn out to be worthless we urgently need a new WR, we can't rely on Reggie forever.

Yes we can. With today's advancements in medical technology and his high level income, its not crazy to think he might play for us till he's 245... maybe 300.

I agree with you though

our biggest needs are cb and wr but i highly doubt amerson falls to us,he'll be a top 3 pic. so that leaves us with robert woods, jarvis jones, or manti teo. i would want us to draft jones but i dont think grigson will pass up on a talented wr like woods. woods playing style is very similar to marvin harrison ,6'0 190lbs 4.3 speed, and a great deep threat.

our biggest needs are cb and wr but i highly doubt amerson falls to us,he'll be a top 3 pic. so that leaves us with robert woods, jarvis jones, or manti teo. i would want us to draft jones but i dont think grigson will pass up on a talented wr like woods. woods playing style is very similar to marvin harrison ,6'0 190lbs 4.3 speed, and a great deep threat.

You have a great poin there. I would love to have all of these guys. There is good chance Woods will be gone top 4 or 5 as well, especially if he has anywhere close to or a better season than last year. So I think we may just take Jarvis Jones but if we pick below the top 8 picks then I think Te'o could be our best bet.

Who do we see that will finish to get the top 5 or top 10 spots in next years draft ? that would probably tell you who would likely go Corner before we get a chance, right now I see 1-5 picks falling like this

Miami-Barkley-Quarterback

Cleveland-Woods, they still need a #1 wide receiver

Cardinals-Tyler Bray-Quarterback

Colts-Amerson-Corner

Raiders-Keenan Allen-Wide Receiver

Who do we see that will finish to get the top 5 or top 10 spots in next years draft ? that would probably tell you who would likely go Corner before we get a chance, right now I see 1-5 picks falling like this

Miami-Barkley-Quarterback

Cleveland-Woods, they still need a #1 wide receiver

Cardinals-Tyler Bray-Quarterback

Colts-Amerson-Corner

Raiders-Keenan Allen-Wide Receiver

Wow you have us picking number 4! I definatley feel thats pretty high for us. Im not saying were gonna be redicously better but I see us having 5 wins at the minimal which would most likely put us somewhere between pick 6 and 8 10 at the very latest. Our offense should improve pick a rythem up by game 4 or 5 in the season and once they some points will be going up on the board. So I say that gives us two more wins at least. Then if the D makes an improvment which is very likely even if its not tremendous I doubt they get worse, so that could be a win or two plus maybe we steal a game. So 7-8 wins is probably our peak hope for the season. I personally think we get 6-7 wins this year. Our schedule is not that difficult either so that should better our chances as well, granted some of those teams may improve but so could we. If you look at the overall picture our chances of winning 6-7 games is not unrealitic at all. This is just my thought though.

Wow you have us picking number 4! I definatley feel thats pretty high for us. Im not saying were gonna be redicously better but I see us having 5 wins at the minimal which would most likely put us somewhere between pick 6 and 8 10 at the very latest. Our offense should improve pick a rythem up by game 4 or 5 in the season and once they some points will be going up on the board. So I say that gives us two more wins at least. Then if the D makes an improvment which is very likely even if its not tremendous I doubt they get worse, so that could be a win or two plus maybe we steal a game. So 7-8 wins is probably our peak hope for the season. I personally think we get 6-7 wins this year. Our schedule is not that difficult either so that should better our chances as well, granted some of those teams may improve but so could we. If you look at the overall picture our chances of winning 6-7 games is not unrealitic at all. This is just my thought though.

Also take into consideration the time Luck has missed , not saying that they are doing alot that he absolutely has to be their for but unless he is finding time to practice building a chemistry with Wayne and Collie and whoever else then that is some time missed which is always a concern no matter what it is he missed, I see our season going like this

1. @Bears Loss

2. vs Vikings (depending on if Peterson plays), Loss

3. vs Jacksonville Loss

4. vs Green Bay Loss

5. @Jets Loss

6. vs Browns Loss (they beat us last year)

7. @ Tennessee Loss

8. vs Dolphins Win

9. @ Jacksonville Loss

10.@ New England Loss

11.vs Bills win

12.@ Detroit Loss

13.vs Titans win

14.@Texans Loss

15.@ Kansas City Loss

16.vs Texans win

possibly 4-12 or 3-13 if Texans somehow find a way to beat us twice, which if Im a Texans fan Im not holding my breath

Also take into consideration the time Luck has missed , not saying that they are doing alot that he absolutely has to be their for but unless he is finding time to practice building a chemistry with Wayne and Collie and whoever else then that is some time missed which is always a concern no matter what it is he missed, I see our season going like this

1. @Bears Loss

2. vs Vikings (depending on if Peterson plays), Loss

3. vs Jacksonville Loss

4. vs Green Bay Loss

5. @Jets Loss

6. vs Browns Loss (they beat us last year)

7. @ Tennessee Loss

8. vs Dolphins Win

9. @ Jacksonville Loss

10.@ New England Loss

11.vs Bills win

12.@ Detroit Loss

13.vs Titans win

14.@Texans Loss

15.@ Kansas City Loss

16.vs Texans win

possibly 4-12 or 3-13 if Texans somehow find a way to beat us twice, which if Im a Texans fan Im not holding my breath

We will beat the Jags once. Lose to the Bills though.

We will beat the Jags once. Lose to the Bills though.

Not gonna say that we couldnt do that bad, but I highly doubt we end up losing that many games. I really think we at least split the season series with each of our division rivals maybe sweep the jags unless Gabbert really gets it together. The Browns I think we can beat, they barley beat us last year and look how bad we were so thats not saying much for them. Also Im going to make a bold prediction and say we may beat the bears if we come out motivated and ready to play I think there is a chance. They did lose brian Urlacher so we will see if that Defense can still stay together. Yes they added two good recievers but so have we. Also Vikings are definatley a possible win in my opinion, ok they may have Peterson but I think our run defense will step up for at least one game and limit him enough. And thier passing attack is really nothing great because they don't really have any real weapons besides Harvin. Plus Ponder has to play well and who knows what thier defense will be like. Like I said I really think we pull 6 wins at least this year.

Not gonna say that we couldnt do that bad, but I highly doubt we end up losing that many games. I really think we at least split the season series with each of our division rivals maybe sweep the jags unless Gabbert really gets it together. The Browns I think we can beat, they barley beat us last year and look how bad we were so thats not saying much for them. Also Im going to make a bold prediction and say we may beat the bears if we come out motivated and ready to play I think there is a chance. They did lose brian Urlacher so we will see if that Defense can still stay together. Yes they added two good recievers but so have we. Also Vikings are definatley a possible win in my opinion, ok they may have Peterson but I think our run defense will step up for at least one game and limit him enough. And thier passing attack is really nothing great because they don't really have any real weapons besides Harvin. Plus Ponder has to play well and who knows what thier defense will be like. Like I said I really think we pull 6 wins at least this year.

when did they lose Urlacher

Browns have gotten much better at QB and RB.

I know, but Weeden is definitely an upgrade and Richardson should be an animal.

Weedens 28 and until the Browns get a number 1 wide receiver that can catch then the Browns can put whatever quarterback they want in their, Colts numbers would be better if the Browns werent among the league leaders in drops, they were near the top if not at the top. http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html Greg Little dropped 14 alone

Am I the only one that thinks Keenan Allen will challenge Woods for that #1 receiver spot when its time for next years draft? Allen doesnt have the luxury of Barkley throwing him the ball, yet had similar stats to Woods this season

Allen is also bigger. Woods is smoother and is a better route runner too.

It's a little early to start saying what's a need going into next offseason. You never know how our current needs will perform.

As of right now, the biggest need is cornerback, but like I said, they could perform great under Pagano next year, so who knows?

Its pretty close between the two, thier like 1A and 1B. They are both fast, agile, good hands and decent route runners. I wouldnt mind having either if by some chance thats the direction we were to go. Just Imagine if we did add one of these guys, we would have so many weapons that teams wouldnt know what to do with them all.

Browns have gotten much better at QB and RB.

Your point seems to presuppose that their rookies will have a greater impact than ours. It might work out that way, but I like the combined potential of our leap forward better than theirs.

• 1 month later...

Needs for next years draft.....

Corner (Or 2)

Tackle

Guard (Or 2)

OLB (Or 2)

Nose Tackle

And clearly we won't be getting all of that from the draft alone. So, hopefully, we'll be getting some of that through free agency.

But, there's just no way to get all of that in one draft.

And clearly we won't be getting all of that from the draft alone. So, hopefully, we'll be getting some of that through free agency.

But, there's just no way to get all of that in one draft.

I know of course, there was a tad bit of sarcasm with that list but sadly it may be more true then not, But my main priority is Corner, Pass Rusher and Guard or Tackle

Brandon Albert or Walter Jones may be worth a look if they aren't resigned for Right Tackle

Bad news.....

Walter Jones retired two years ago! Yikes....

Talk about an out of date list! Holy cow!

I didn't look at much... and what I did see looked like slim pickings....

I'm trying not to read too much into the list now.... it may change between now and then....

At least, that's my hope!!

Bad news.....

Walter Jones retired two years ago! Yikes....

Talk about an out of date list! Holy cow!

I didn't look at much... and what I did see looked like slim pickings....

I'm trying not to read too much into the list now.... it may change between now and then....

At least, that's my hope!!

Boy that is an old list if ole Slim Pickins was on it.....he was a legend in all of the old westerns!!!! :)

http://www.turkcealtyazi.org/prs/0001620/slim-pickens.html.

R1 CB weakest CB team in NFL

R2 RB Hopfully we find someone that can show this year but if not heres a pick

R3 OG We need a whole line but here is were we start

R4 OT Some one who can bench justis unless he dose good

R5 ...Traded away for 3rd round

R6 TE we need some one to step in if fleener or allen get hurt

R7 ... Traded with Thomas