Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gonzo

atapcl

Stampede Blue reprinted a report from the Boston Globe that states Gonzo was not at the Patriots recent minicamp. A lot of fans thought he should have beaten out Garcon for the WR position. Maybe he was injured far beyond anything we can imagine. He seemed healthy last year but did not play much. By missing minicamp now it seems he is still injured. Maybe Grigson had no choice with Gonzo.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 29, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, May 29, 2012 - off topic

This doesnt belong in Colts Football.

Just for feedback purposes why does it not belong here? Maybe it should be under the NFL section. What are the rules for topics in this section?

Just for feedback purposes why does it not belong here? Maybe it should be under the NFL section. What are the rules for topics in this section?

It doesn't involve a current Colts player, coach, or FO. It should be in NFL General.

It doesn't involve a current Colts player, coach, or FO. It should be in NFL General.

It does involve Grigson's decision making. There are recent posts about Mike Jenkins and Terrell Owens who are not Colts either. Should those posts go to NFL General? Do moderators need to move this post becuase I do not know how?

It does involve Grigson's decision making. There are recent posts about Mike Jenkins and Terrell Owens who are not Colts either. Should those posts go to NFL General? Do moderators need to move this post becuase I do not know how?

You can twist anything to make it about the Colts. Those topics were about signing/trading for them. This is about the Patriots and a former Colt. It belongs in NFL General.

The moderators will move it if they feel it's necessary. Don't worry about it, all this started because people would still post Manning news over on this forum and Luck's followers got all offended and cried that Manning information should not be posted in the Colts forum so it has become the same with all former Colts players.

Now we got, as esmort stated, too many hall monitors. I guess, they don't realize that they don't have to click on a thread if the content is going to offend them or they don't have to reply if it's not something that has an interest for them.

Some posters like me appreciate it. I don't like to or want to click on several different forums to get my news, I'd rather go to one place.

The moderators will move it if they feel it's necessary. Don't worry about it, all this started because people would still post Manning news over on this forum and Luck's followers got all offended and cried that Manning information should not be posted in the Colts forum so it has become the same with all former Colts players.

Now we got, as esmort stated, too many hall monitors. I guess, they don't realize that they don't have to click on a thread if the content is going to offend them or they don't have to reply if it's not something that has an interest for them.

Some posters like me appreciate it. I don't like to or want to click on several different forums to get my news, I'd rather go to one place.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Too many "hall monitors" ... who cares; it isn't that far off and its been a ghost town here since the draft anyway

Okay then, I'll stop trying to help. Forgive me for following the rules.

Okay then, I'll stop trying to help. Forgive me for following the rules.

Nobody is saying shame on you for following the rules, just not sure why you have to jump all over someone else, especially since that person has not posted to the forum in a long time and was not aware of the changes.

Nobody is saying shame on you for following the rules, just not sure why you have to jump all over someone else, especially since that person has not posted to the forum in a long time and was not aware of the changes.

atapcl has posted several topics fairly recently.

I was not aware of the rule but I am now. Still seems like some of these other posts should be moved but I will strive to abide by the criteria going forward.

I was not aware of the rule but I am now. Still seems like some of these other posts should be moved but I will strive to abide by the criteria going forward.

Its not like it was a big deal. Sorry for "jumping all over you"

Yes, but he had not posted for a while until recently. And when he used to post, people could post topics about former Colts players on the Colts forums without someone jumping on them with the very first response. Oh well, some people are just like that I guess.

Let's try to get this topic back on track...

As far as I know, these minicamps aren't mandatory, so I don't think it's a big deal that players don't show up. As for Gonzo, do you think he will make the roster? The Pats currently have 12 WRs signed and you know Welker and Lloyd will be there for sure. I think Ocho will be one of the guys who will be cut, but does Gonzo make it?

Let's try to get this topic back on track...

As far as I know, these minicamps aren't mandatory, so I don't think it's a big deal that players don't show up. As for Gonzo, do you think he will make the roster? The Pats currently have 12 WRs signed and you know Welker and Lloyd will be there for sure. I think Ocho will be one of the guys who will be cut, but does Gonzo make it?

If he's healthy, i think he's got the talent.

This doesnt belong in Colts Football.

agreed

If your goal is to help keep the forums organized, the best thing to do in the future is to just report the OP. A moderator will see it quickly, and if they agree with you they can move it. No muss, no fussing with other posters, fewer off-topic posts that everyone else has to slog through.

Posts such as the above don't accomplish anything positive. The only person who can move a thread is a moderator, and if they have read far enough to get to your post, they have by definition already read the OP and likely come to their own conclusions. And as coffeedrinker said, they aren't always made with the intent to keep the forum organized, but rather to perpetuate a disagreement which is getting pretty old. Even if that wasn't the intent, many people will assume that it was.

Ok I see Gonzo NOT making the group... MY 6 WR (aka IMO) for the Pats will be:

lloyd,Welker,Gaffney,Branch,edleman,Slater. If they keep 7 I see the last spot going to Stallworth as he knows the Offense. So Ocho and Gonzo be #8 and #9 options UNLESS injuries happen of course.

If your goal is to help keep the forums organized, the best thing to do in the future is to just report the OP. A moderator will see it quickly, and if they agree with you they can move it. No muss, no fussing with other posters, fewer off-topic posts that everyone else has to slog through.

Posts such as the above don't accomplish anything positive. The only person who can move a thread is a moderator, and if they have read far enough to get to your post, they have by definition already read the OP and likely come to their own conclusions. And as coffeedrinker said, they aren't always made with the intent to keep the forum organized, but rather to perpetuate a disagreement which is getting pretty old. Even if that wasn't the intent, many people will assume that it was.

Thank you for bringing back up a conversation that turned into an argument that we resolved.

Stampede Blue reprinted a report from the Boston Globe that states Gonzo was not at the Patriots recent minicamp. A lot of fans thought he should have beaten out Garcon for the WR position. Maybe he was injured far beyond anything we can imagine. He seemed healthy last year but did not play much. By missing minicamp now it seems he is still injured. Maybe Grigson had no choice with Gonzo.

who admits they thought that Anthony Gonzales should have beaten out Pierre Garcon?

..and why?

Thank you for bringing back up a conversation that turned into an argument that we resolved.

How was it resolved? It's an argument that's recurred 500 times because people keep doing the same things. I chose my words very carefully to avoid the perception that I was criticizing you, and I'm certainly not arguing with you. I was making a suggestion based on what I usually do myself - which I've found to be effective. In other words, I'm not seeking pleasure in reviving an old problem, I'm trying to avoid having to read similar arguments the NEXT 500 times it happens. But by your response, perhaps you just enjoy petty arguments.

who admits they thought that Anthony Gonzales should have beaten out Pierre Garcon?

..and why?

Admits? Gonzalez performed better than Garcon when healthy. I never predicted that he would stay healthy, but I always assumed that IF healthy he would be starting.

Granted Garcon had improved immensely in the period where Gonzo was glued to the bench, but Gonzo had a knack for getting open, and he was more consistent catching the ball. He was well on his way to being a "Peyton favorite" whereas Garcon was more likely to drive him nuts. But I liked them both, so this is a lose lose situation know matter how you look at it.

Admits? Gonzalez performed better than Garcon when healthy. I never predicted that he would stay healthy, but I always assumed that IF healthy he would be starting.

Granted Garcon had improved immensely in the period where Gonzo was glued to the bench, but Gonzo had a knack for getting open, and he was more consistent catching the ball. He was well on his way to being a "Peyton favorite" whereas Garcon was more likely to drive him nuts. But I liked them both, so this is a lose lose situation know matter how you look at it.

Agreed..it is soemwhat pointless and petty to discus two ex-Colts...

I dont know that Gonzalez outdid Garcon staitistically.?

He came along first....maybe some wanted him to...play

But Anthony wasnt the threat after the catch Pierre was...

By the way..I LOVE Petty arguements...

Richard Petty

Lori Petty

Peppermint Petty...

How was it resolved? It's an argument that's recurred 500 times because people keep doing the same things. I chose my words very carefully to avoid the perception that I was criticizing you, and I'm certainly not arguing with you. I was making a suggestion based on what I usually do myself - which I've found to be effective. In other words, I'm not seeking pleasure in reviving an old problem, I'm trying to avoid having to read similar arguments the NEXT 500 times it happens. But by your response, perhaps you just enjoy petty arguments.

Sorry. I felt like we finally buried it and got on topic. I don't enjoy petty arguments. Or any argument, really.

Richard Petty

Lori Petty

Peppermint Petty...

Check this out:

[media=]

Makes me pretty sad about what we missed out on. Garcon was certainly explosive, but that doesn't make him a better receiver. Gonzalez just got open and made plays - without any concerns about dropping the ball. His stats were terrific early on.

Peppermint Petty :lol:

Gonzo has/had crazy elite change of direction ability and body control. He was a perfect fit for a Manning led offense and it showed when healthy. It really was never a Gonzo/Garcon issue to me. Because he was hurt, we drafted Collie who produced from day 1 at the position that Gonzo would have played most likely moving forward. Pretty hard to argue with Garcon's development the last 3 years as an outside receiver. Gonzo might have played there if Garcon didn't emerge but didn't seem likely to me to ever play outside over Garcon once he did. The emergence of deep threat Garcon had a huge impact on the 2009 Colts forward. It is easy to forget how much easier the Colts were to defend when Marvin went down and subsequently returned and wasn't a deep threat anymore. Teams doubled Reggie and made it difficult to complete even short throws. Didn't help that we were moving into the dark days of the O-line's effectiveness either.

It was reported today that the Patriots cut Gonzalez. It appears his original injury a few years ago may have robbed him of his mobility or maybe his attitude changed with him thinking he is entitled to certain privileges.

Richard Petty

Lori Petty

Peppermint Petty...

Its Peppermint PATTY! And you forgot Tom Petty, shame.

From the sounds of it, Gonzales may not be healthy enough to compete for a job. I can't imagine the Patriots would have cut him this soon just based on the number of roster spots they're tying up with receivers (since the expansion to 90 under the new CBA).

At least letting him go this early gives me a little bit more of a chance to catch on somewhere, if that's even a possibility.

Pretty short tenure in NE though!

Check this out:

[media=]

Makes me pretty sad about what we missed out on. Garcon was certainly explosive, but that doesn't make him a better receiver. Gonzalez just got open and made plays - without any concerns about dropping the ball. His stats were terrific early on.

Peppermint Petty :lol:

I guess I liked Garcon's yards after catch when he did hold it...

I think he'll do well with RG3 eventually..if not right away

..and it is a somewhat petty arguement..but I'm totally into petty

Tom Petty

Petty Duke

Petty cash..