Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fan Checking In From Virginia

COLTS4ME

Hello,

I just signed on tonight to the forum. Long time Colts fan from Virginia. I wanted to say Hello and GO COLTS!

I had a question....

I've only been to one Colts game. That was when they played Carolina a few years ago. I really want to come up and see a home game. My wife and son are from Ohio and Browns fans. So, since the Colts play the Browns I want to bring my son up for the game. (When you see the big guy colts fan and the little dude browns fan walking around be nice) haha

My question is:

Which side of the stadium is the home side? Nice areas to sit??

I've never been to Indianapolis and look forward to the trip....

Thanks for any help...

_Lloyd

Welcome and hello to you also. :hello:

I can't answer your questions, but I am sure someone else will come along who can.

However, I would like to call your attention to this thread where others have given helpful tips regarding restaurants, hotels, etc. in Indy.

http://www.colts.com/forums/index.php?/topic/185-trip-to-indyindy-hotelsthings-to-see-do/page__st__20

Also, if you haven't joined ColtsDirect, you should check it out. There are several groups for cities in Virginia. It is a great way for you to connect with other Colt's fans who may live in your area.

http://direct.colts.com/groups/group/search?q=Virginia

Welcome and hello to you also. :hello:

I can't answer your questions, but I am sure someone else will come along who can.

However, I would like to call your attention to this thread where others have given helpful tips regarding restaurants, hotels, etc. in Indy.

http://www.colts.com/forums/index.php?/topic/185-trip-to-indyindy-hotelsthings-to-see-do/page__st__20

Also, if you haven't joined ColtsDirect, you should check it out. There are several groups for cities in Virginia. It is a great way for you to connect with other Colt's fans who may live in your area.

http://direct.colts.com/groups/group/search?q=Virginia

Thanks so much for the info...

Hello, and Welcome!

Im a season ticket holder, and to answer your question, there isn't really a "home side" to the stadium. There will be visiting fans scattered about everywhere, particularly in the upper level. I don't anticipate the browns fans to be too hostile though, so you should be okay there. As far as a good place to sit, it just depends on how much you want to spend. Our seats our upper level end zone. (627) We really enjoy it up there, especially for the price. IF you want to know how it is elsewhere, im sure some of the big spender season ticket holders could fill you in on that! haha

Good Luck, and enjoy your trip!

Hello, and Welcome!

Im a season ticket holder, and to answer your question, there isn't really a "home side" to the stadium. There will be visiting fans scattered about everywhere, particularly in the upper level. I don't anticipate the browns fans to be too hostile though, so you should be okay there. As far as a good place to sit, it just depends on how much you want to spend. Our seats our upper level end zone. (627) We really enjoy it up there, especially for the price. IF you want to know how it is elsewhere, im sure some of the big spender season ticket holders could fill you in on that! haha

Good Luck, and enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much for all the help and info. I'm excited. I haven't told my son yet. Like I said earlier ive only been to one game and that was to see the Colts play Carolina in Charlotte. I'm going to be scanning eBay the next few weeks looking for tickets.

How is the travel coming into the stadium? Easy or difficult?

I can't wait to come see the new stadium....

Thanks again for all the help!

Lloyd

Welcome! ;D

I'm actually trying to go to this game with my brother-in-law (Diehard Browns fan from Ohio).

Gotta get some cash together! >,>

Edit: Not sure why it double posted, but it did. Why can't we delete posts btw? :P

Hello,

My son and wife being from Ohio are both hardcore browns fans. They still root for the colts tho.... So I take it easy on them. haha.

Thanks...

Yeah, I've lived in Virginia my whole life. We enjoy it a lot... However, I think later on we will be moving up north....

Welcome! I'd suggest getting a hotel downtown and walking to the game. I come up from Bama twice a year and we always stay at the Homewood Inn if possible. I've also stayed at the Conrad, Hilton Garden Inn and the Embassy.

BTW, I'm also originally from Ohio (Youngstown area) and meet 3 of my buddies from that area for one game every year. They're Browns fans, but have become Colts fans too over the years.

I am also from Virginia. Indy is a great city and the stadium is awesome. Bought my tickets from Stub Hub and their site gave you a good idea of price range and location. Only draw back couldn't get a non stop flight, but the Indy airport was very nice.

Virginia here as well. Take the drive it is not that long and it is enjoyable, lots of pretty country to see. Basically 80 miles north of Louisville Kentucky if my memory serves me correct.

It takes about 8 to 8.5 hrs to drive it from my area of Virginia (Southern).

Hidden

Welcome! I'd suggest getting a hotel downtown and walking to the game. I come up from Bama twice a year and we always stay at the Homewood Inn if possible. I've also stayed at the Conrad, Hilton Garden Inn and the Embassy.

BTW, I'm also originally from Ohio (Youngstown area) and meet 3 of my buddies from that area for one game every year. They're Browns fans, but have become Colts fans too over the years.

That's cool. My wife and her family are from Austintown. My son just graduated from YSU. She is going up this weekend to help him pack up and move back home....

Virginia here as well. Take the drive it is not that long and it is enjoyable, lots of pretty country to see. Basically 80 miles north of Louisville Kentucky if my memory serves me correct.

It takes about 8 to 8.5 hrs to drive it from my area of Virginia (Southern).

I'm from Chatham, also southern Virginia. I'm use to driving to Ohio which is about 8 hours. So I figure the trip to Indy won't be too bad.

That's cool. My wife and her family are from Austintown. My son just graduated from YSU. She is going up this weekend to help him pack up and move back home....

Small world! One of my degrees is also from YSU. A lot of people only know it for it's I-AA football team, but it's also a very good engineering school. (I'm also a Buckeye, and not looking forward to this season)

Back to the Colts - You'll have a great time in Indy. The weather should be great for the Browns game. The last two times the Browns played them the games have been very close. For some reason, historically the Colts can't seem to score much against them. I hope that changes this year.

Small world! One of my degrees is also from YSU. A lot of people only know it for it's I-AA football team, but it's also a very good engineering school. (I'm also a Buckeye, and not looking forward to this season)

Back to the Colts - You'll have a great time in Indy. The weather should be great for the Browns game. The last two times the Browns played them the games have been very close. For some reason, historically the Colts can't seem to score much against them. I hope that changes this year.

My wife and son both loved YSU. I was able to go to one football game there his first year. Loved it!

And yeah I'm hoping the Colts whoop the Browns. Will make the ride back to Virginia better for me -- picking on my son!! haha

Thanks again..

We normally part about a block away on the southeast side of the stadium. It runs around anywhere from $20.00 - $40.00 (I think depending on the popularity of the game but I'm not sure). It's a straight shot to the interstate and we are normally on it within five minutes.

We've never had any traffic problems.

We normally part about a block away on the southeast side of the stadium. It runs around anywhere from $20.00 - $40.00 (I think depending on the popularity of the game but I'm not sure). It's a straight shot to the interstate and we are normally on it within five minutes.

We've never had any traffic problems.

Thanks for that. I'll make a note... Much appreciated.

You very welcome. :)

Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great time at the game!

I know it will be a blast! The last game I took my wife. The colts beat the panthers so bad by the end of the 3rd the stadium was like mainly Blue. Nothing but mainly Colts fans still there.... I wanna be at a home game atleast once to see the stadium ALL Blue! haha

Can't wait!!

And Thanks for the Welcome!