Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next Year: PACERS or COLTS?

Define better. Better winning percentage? Better standings? Goes farther in the playoffs? Exceeds expectations more? I think the Pacers will be a playoff contender next year whereas the Colts will not be. But I also think the Colts will surpass expectations; many "analysts and experts" have us going with 3 or 4 wins next year and I've even seen some mock drafts that have us going #1 overall next year. I think the Colts are better than advertised and a 7 win season isn't out of the question.

So Pacers make the playoffs, but Colts exceed expectations.

The colts just had a terrible year. I have a feeling they can bounce back next year. The Pacers just had their best season in 7 years and made noise in the playoffs (almost nocked off Miami). Who does better next year?

I find it hard to take the NBA seriously. Any league that has different rules for different players, and at different times of the game is just plain ridiculous IMHO. Plus, their regular season is like pro wrestling, almost meaningless. The teams play a different game in the playoffs.

So, to answer your question, the Colts do better next year simply because the league is relevant.

I find it hard to take the NBA seriously. Any league that has different rules for different players, and at different times of the game is just plain ridiculous IMHO. Plus, their regular season is like pro wrestling, almost meaningless. The teams play a different game in the playoffs.

So, to answer your question, the Colts do better next year simply because the league is relevant.

Yeah, the reffing in the NBA is really bad

The NFL has different rules for different players. You dont think guys like Brady, Manning, Brees dont get more calls than guys like Fitspatrick, Sanchez, Vick, Gabbart, etc? Yeah ok lol.

With that being said, of course the Pacers are going to have a better season. They will have a higher win pct, make the playoffs, and have a chance of being back in the conference semi finals and if they get a good draw and done see miami earlier, the eastern conf finals.

The Colts have zero shot to get to the afc champ game, almost no shot at making it past the first round of the playoffs, and I would be stunned if they are close to .500 or make the playoffs at all.

The NBA isn't the only league to show favoritism. The NFL protects QBs like they're children, and who could forget the Tuck Rule, where they made up a rule especially for Tom Brady, when Woodson had clearly forced a fumble.

To answer the question, The Colts are worse in every category listed by 21isSuperman, except possibly exceeds expectations. I'm not even a Pacers fan, either. (Go Nuggets!) So it's an unbiased opinion.

The NFL is going to become irrelevant if they cant control the players with bountys...concussion lawsuits..

..whining lawsuits about salary caps..

Next year will be a tough year in the NFL...They have problems and the players dont want to solve them

the Pacers will do much better than the Colts...but the Colts offense will show great promise

The NFL is going to become irrelevant if they cant control the players with bountys...concussion lawsuits..

..whining lawsuits about salary caps..

Next year will be a tough year in the NFL...They have problems and the players dont want to solve them

the Pacers will do much better than the Colts...but the Colts offense will show great promise

Am i missing something with the avatar? What does the S mean

The NFL has different rules for different players. You dont think guys like Brady, Manning, Brees dont get more calls than guys like Fitspatrick, Sanchez, Vick, Gabbart, etc? Yeah ok lol.

With that being said, of course the Pacers are going to have a better season. They will have a higher win pct, make the playoffs, and have a chance of being back in the conference semi finals and if they get a good draw and done see miami earlier, the eastern conf finals.

The Colts have zero shot to get to the afc champ game, almost no shot at making it past the first round of the playoffs, and I would be stunned if they are close to .500 or make the playoffs at all.

The NFL is nothing like the NBA when it comes to having different rules, not only for different players but for different times of the game. And the NBA regular season is a farce.

As far as the Pacers, they've never been more than a good second tier team. They only got this far because of injuries to star players on other teams.

So, at least in my mind, the Colts do better next year simply by playing in the NFL no matter what their record.

Maybe someone sent Irsay an endowment too.

Am i missing something with the avatar? What does the S mean

The S in the new avatars stands for ColtStrong. It looks like that S is being used as the forum logo (check the top right of the page, next to the Facebook and Twitter buttons)

Pacers will make the playoffs, and the Colts won't (hate to be a downer). The Pacers are young and getting better and better as the season goes on. Add that they have a great bench and they have an emerging star in Danny Granger, and they're set.

It's a tougher call if you ask in 2 or 3 years.

Pacers are a serious contender. Apples and Oranges anyway. The Colts are a unknown quantity right now, so there is further speculation to consider.

Your first sentence is an opinion, and one that a lot of people wouldn't agree with. They obviously are a contender, because half of the NBA makes the playoffs. Serious contender? No.

You're spot on with the other statements IMHO.

I find it hard to take the NBA seriously. Any league that has different rules for different players, and at different times of the game is just plain ridiculous

The NFL does this all the time. A lot of the penalties are totally left up to the official to decide in their opinion if it's flag worthy. Whether it's roughing the QB (certain QBs get the benefit of the doubt), defenseless receiver, pass interference, etc etc....a lot of those calls come down to who the players are. If they are perceived to be a star they are going to get the call, if they are perceived a "dirty" player the call will go against them. It happens all the time during the game and during the course of the season.

Is the officiating in the NBA bad? Probably so. Is it any better in the NFL? IMO no. There are calls missed in both leagues all the time (if they called everything the games would take forever to finish), and both leagues definitely give their star players an advantage with the whistles. To try and act like they don't is as much of an injustice as you say the NBA officiating is.

I would say Pacers if they trade Granger. That dude alwas disappoints.

Who are you going to trade him for? He's good value for his contract. Not like he's overpaid like Rudy Gay or Joe Johnson who don't play like max contract players.

How does he always disappoint? You really expect him to stop LeBron James?

Pacers will but who cares they cant beat Miami when it counts, as for Granger dont get me started

We were never truly expected to beat them to begin with.

The NFL does this all the time. A lot of the penalties are totally left up to the official to decide in their opinion if it's flag worthy. Whether it's roughing the QB (certain QBs get the benefit of the doubt), defenseless receiver, pass interference, etc etc....a lot of those calls come down to who the players are. If they are perceived to be a star they are going to get the call, if they are perceived a "dirty" player the call will go against them. It happens all the time during the game and during the course of the season.

Is the officiating in the NBA bad? Probably so. Is it any better in the NFL? IMO no. There are calls missed in both leagues all the time (if they called everything the games would take forever to finish), and both leagues definitely give their star players an advantage with the whistles. To try and act like they don't is as much of an injustice as you say the NBA officiating is.

Let me put it this way - when an NFL official misses a call, it's news. They're human, and it happens. And they're also graded on every game.

The NBA official ignores violations on just about every possession. There's walking, 3 seconds, and flagrant pushing all the time. If they made every call the game would never end. Ignoring those rules are part of the game. So I wouldn't say the officiating is bad, it's more like it's subjective. And since there are many more possessions, albeit short ones, there are many more opportunities for those subjective non calls. Much like umpires, the ref have their own styles, and that changes game to game too.

Also, you can't honestly tell me that the NBA regular season is anywhere near as intense as the playoffs. Since there are so many games, each one is not as important as in the NFL. That's why, IMHO, the NBA is such an inferior league.

Hope I made myself clear this time.

Who are you going to trade him for? He's good value for his contract. Not like he's overpaid like Rudy Gay or Joe Johnson who don't play like max contract players.

How does he always disappoint? You really expect him to stop LeBron James?

We were never truly expected to beat them to begin with.

Granger just never seems to come up big when you need him. If the game is on the line he never gets it done. He will dribble into the lane and throw up an unmakable shot, or brick a three. It snot some times he does this, but most the time. I am not saying he isnt a good player, but he plays like he is a great player. He isnt. He needs to be more of a role player. I know he was the franchise when the team stunk, but anyone that was a decent player would have looked great on those teams. I am not sure who to trade for, I guess we will have to see this off season.

The NFL has different rules for different players. You dont think guys like Brady, Manning, Brees dont get more calls than guys like Fitspatrick, Sanchez, Vick, Gabbart, etc? Yeah ok

True but it's MUCH more biased in the NBA and the refs can get away with so much more. When they say elite players get elite calls in the NBA they mean that to the fullest extent. When Lebron goes over the back constantly and plays very physical ball and only has 5 fouls in 6 games, that's straight ridiculous. Also for instance there was a play when Chalmers was lightly touching one of our players but yet at the same time Lebron was being much more physical with him and ofc they call the touch foul on Chalmers. The two sports aren't even comparable in that aspect and the fact that small markets can make and win the SB. The NBA is all about the big markets and super stars.

In terms of the post I think the Pacers will do much better than the Colts. I predict around 50 or so wins for the Pacers with the possibility of a strong playoff run. There is a possibility since they will have mad cap room, to go for Darren Williams or Eric Gordon. Most likely Gordon since Darren will probably pull a typical * super star move and go to the Lamers along with Dwight Howard or something, who knows. I would love to see the Colts get 6-8 wins.

I think the Pacers will they have a veteran team. They are not building scratch and like the Colts are doing, and like Pacers did a few years ago. I do think the Colts will pass everyone expectations though.

I do think the year after this coming next season in both Pacers and Colts. We will have two hot teams again. Should be a fun future with the Colts and Pacers and the city of Indy and the whole state. :). I hope Bird does not leave as GM like the rumors are stating, but if he does decide. Then ATTEN: HERB SIMON GET REGGIE MILLER AS GM! :)

The colts just had a terrible year. I have a feeling they can bounce back next year. The Pacers just had their best season in 7 years and made noise in the playoffs (almost nocked off Miami). Who does better next year?

Pacers. The Colts are where the Pacers were a few years ago when they started rebuilding from the ground up. The Pacers are in the final stages of that. Unless something horrific happens to the Pacers or the Colts just shock the world this should be the Pacers without question.