Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Had a Colts dream the other day

The Peytonator

Last year, during the offseason I had a Peyton Manning related dream. In the dream he was no longer a Colt. I had the pertinent details wrong....in my dream he went to the Jaguars, but still, who would have ever thought last year during the offseason Peyton Manning would be on another team's roster in 2012? So I was half right.

Fast forward to a couple days ago. I rarely have so detailed dreams, but this one was very much so. We were playing the Titans at home. I'm pretty sure it was this year, not because of anything an announcer said, but just my own premonition. We started out hot. Running game was in full gear, and Luck was hitting everything. The first drive stalled in the redzone and Vinatieri kicked a chip shot.

Titans get the ball and our defense forces a three and out. We get a nice punt return out of somebody, I believe he was #26, but I could be mistaken. Luck comes back out and we drive down the field easily again. Drive results in a 20+ yard stop 'n go TD pass to Collie.

We kick off again and they get a crappy return. ST seems to be respectable in the future...imagine that. First down they run the ball for a loss. Second down is a sack inside the 10. Third down Locker drops back gets hit hard and the ball floats right into Pat Angerer's hands. He takes about 4 steps and he's in the endzone.

The stadium was going so crazy my dream ended there. If my dream was a vision of events soon to pass though.......Nasty defense. Efficient offense. Respectable special teams. Bear in mind it was against the Titans so.......

I can barely remember the people in my dreams or what happened and you can remember what yard line and players numbers!!!!!!!

Heck, he even has announcers in his dreams.

I've never had anyone announcing my dreams.

haha

It is a little fuzzy. I'm actually not sure there were announcers. They definitely weren't the Jim Nantz and Phil Sims type. I think I was basically floating around the stadium. Also I don't remember the specific yard lines, but I can gauge anything within 10 yards just by looking at it. I do specifically remember the stop 'n go to #17 though.....and it came out of #12's hand. Also the Pat Angerer pick 6 would be memorable to anyone.....I mean he's Pat 'Hulk Hands' Angerer!!!

I normally don't have dreams that are so detailed though.

The only time I had a football dream that actually came true was the night before Brady tore his ACL.

I remember in the dream I heard an announcer say something like, "Coming up after the break find out which NFL super star is now officially out for the season."

I remember waking up and thinking "Who is going to get hurt? OMG". Is it a Colt I kept thinking?! Manning? I mean he was coming off the missed TC/Preseason.

And then it HAPPENED. Brady goes down. I was in a state of shock when I found out.

The only time I had a football dream that actually came true was the night before Brady tore his ACL.

I remember in the dream I heard an announcer say something like, "Coming up after the break find out which NFL super star is now officially out for the season."

I remember waking up and thinking "Who is going to get hurt? OMG". Is it a Colt I kept thinking?! Manning? I mean he was coming off the missed TC/Preseason.

And then it HAPPENED. Brady goes down. I was in a state of shock when I found out.

You have announcers in your dreams too?

What the heck are you guys eatin' before bed that I'm not?

haha

It is a little fuzzy. I'm actually not sure there were announcers. They definitely weren't the Jim Nantz and Phil Sims type. I think I was basically floating around the stadium. Also I don't remember the specific yard lines, but I can gauge anything within 10 yards just by looking at it. I do specifically remember the stop 'n go to #17 though.....and it came out of #12's hand. Also the Pat Angerer pick 6 would be memorable to anyone.....I mean he's Pat 'Hulk Hands' Angerer!!!

I normally don't have dreams that are so detailed though.

I had a mini nightmare before the Chiefs playoff game in 2006. I think I was nervous about the first one. I slept like a baby before the Ravens game.

So before the Chiefs game I was in the stands in my dream and I saw the Chiefs come out before the game and everyone booed them. Then after them I saw some Ravens players come out.

I yelled around me "What is going on?"

Someone said, "You know the WC teams are allowed to choose some players from a team on a bye week to help them out in the first round. The Chiefs chose some from the Ravens defense."

I yelled "Thats not fair. Why is this happening?"

I looked around me and nobody cared. They just sat there waiting for the game while I yelled at the Chiefs/Ravens line up from my seat.

Amazingly I had a dream about the same game, but mine stated just after the pick 6. CJ then ran for 200 yds, Luck got sacked 5 times, and Carter fumbled twice. We lost 38-17. And as the game ended, the announcer (a lady in her late 30's, who sounded as if she was from Noo Yoik, and was obviously a heavy smoker) told us the Broncos won 56-0 and Manning tossed 8 TD passes.

I awoke in a sweat with FJC's avatar staring at me from my blackberry.

I'm liking this Dream. But when I seen Angerer Leap into the Air last year for that Pick in the 1st Win of the Season against the Titans (Think it was them)... I thought I was Dreaming. I never thought I'd see the Day that Angerer jumped into the Air higher than some CB's in the NFL & catch a Pick. So with that being said, your Dream could really much become a Reality

Last year, during the offseason I had a Peyton Manning related dream. In the dream he was no longer a Colt. I had the pertinent details wrong....in my dream he went to the Jaguars, but still, who would have ever thought last year during the offseason Peyton Manning would be on another team's roster in 2012? So I was half right.

Fast forward to a couple days ago. I rarely have so detailed dreams, but this one was very much so. We were playing the Titans at home. I'm pretty sure it was this year, not because of anything an announcer said, but just my own premonition. We started out hot. Running game was in full gear, and Luck was hitting everything. The first drive stalled in the redzone and Vinatieri kicked a chip shot.

Titans get the ball and our defense forces a three and out. We get a nice punt return out of somebody, I believe he was #26, but I could be mistaken. Luck comes back out and we drive down the field easily again. Drive results in a 20+ yard stop 'n go TD pass to Collie.

We kick off again and they get a crappy return. ST seems to be respectable in the future...imagine that. First down they run the ball for a loss. Second down is a sack inside the 10. Third down Locker drops back gets hit hard and the ball floats right into Pat Angerer's hands. He takes about 4 steps and he's in the endzone.

The stadium was going so crazy my dream ended there. If my dream was a vision of events soon to pass though.......Nasty defense. Efficient offense. Respectable special teams. Bear in mind it was against the Titans so.......

"in my dream he went to the Jaguars" Are you sure that wasn't a nightmare? Take away RB Maurice Jones Drew & that squad is an NFL joke. Even the great Peyton Manning can't perform magic & make the Jaguars Playoff bound.

"ST seems to be respectable in the future...imagine that." I will believe that miracle if & only if I see it with my own eyes. This has been our achilles heel for almost a decade. Pathetic directional punting & dismal field position.

"Nasty defense." In the words of Coach Pagano, "Simple Me Complicated You...Let's Hunt!!!" Intimidation #101: Bring back the BLITZ BABY!!! "Shylock has come for his pound of flesh."

Kudos to you The Peytonator, you seem to experience dreams in near photographic memory & I can't even remember what I had for breakfast on Monday. Impressive indeed my friend.

So before the Chiefs game I was in the stands in my dream and I saw the Chiefs come out before the game and everyone booed them. Then after them I saw some Ravens players come out.

I yelled around me "What is going on?"

Someone said, "You know the WC teams are allowed to choose some players from a team on a bye week to help them out in the first round. The Chiefs chose some from the Ravens defense."

I yelled "Thats not fair. Why is this happening?"

:lol:

I'm a believer of dreams having meanings, so maybe this is a sign.

Yeah, but he hasn't yet mentioned if he was wearing pants while 'floating around the stadium', which could take the meaning in a whole 'nother direction. Just sayin' :)

No, just means we're looking for 15 more dream volunteers, and Vance isn't invited.

My dreams usually involve me having a mansion next to Cushing's. The weird thing is, there's a tunnel connecting his front yard to my back yard...I don't know what that's about.

My dreams usually involve me having a mansion next to Cushing's. The weird thing is, there's a tunnel connecting his front yard to my back yard...I don't know what that's about.

Mmmm Vance. It is coming over very clear what that dream is all about. Front and Back yards indeed.

I had another one last night, all about Jerry Hughes making the Pro-Bowl. Perhaps the most ridiculous dream ever. We all know the Pro-Bowl is done!

I did have a dream about a game, but it must mean the colts snuck in through the backdoor .

It was the colts vs broncos. Luck vs Manning. at half the time the score was 17-3 broncos. and the game ended good but thats the weird thing lol. with 35 seconds to go Colts had the ball on the Broncos side of the 50 with the colts down 23-20. im guessin they were close to the endzone because Luck took off running i seen him leap in the air and then i woke up . so i dont know who won. but the bright side is they were in the playoffs. sorry my dream wasnt as detailed i didnt have the announcers in my dream lol.