Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans

Jules

They are a team that could go either way, good or bad. More than likely good...It will be interesting to see them compete for a wild card.

I see what you did there.

But, will there be room for the Texans in the playoffs after the Colts win the South and the Titans grab a WC? ;) J/k. I think. :)

I see what you did there.

But, will there be room for the Texans in the playoffs after the Colts win the South and the Titans grab a WC? ;) J/k. I think. :)

Hahaha, I'm glad you caught it. Well if the Colts win the South then I expect us to fight dirty against the other teams that want a WC...lol since Finnegan is gone now, we won't have to risk losing Andre due to a fight. :P

Hahaha, I'm glad you caught it.Well if the Colts win the Souththen I expect us to fight dirty against the other teams that want a WC...lol since Finnegan is gone now, we won't have to risk losing Andre due to a fight. :P

Which is unlikely but the dream can stay alive as long as football is not being played. And of course the worst to first pattern since 2002.

I can't figure the Titans out. They are one of my enigma teams.

In reality I should hope they are awful. If they are then that just leaves Houston as the main competitor to battle for a while and maybe the Colts can comfortably end up in second place sooner then later.

If Locker lives up to his potential and Britt stays out of trouble and CJ gets back to his normal ways, they will be dangerous and could easily fight for a wildcard spot. However, that's a lot of "ifs"

Good point. Many "ifs". Perhaps a reason why they are difficult to discuss lol.

The Titans really didn't do anything to bolster their defense in the offseason, which was the main problem for them in 2011. And honestly, it seemed to me like they didn't want to be in the playoffs. They needed a win at Indy to keep pace with us and lost to the winless Colts...and won basically by default the last week against our B team and 4th string QB. If they made the playoffs...we would have destroyed them.

Good point. Many "ifs". Perhaps a reason why they are difficult to discuss lol.

So many ifs ahhhhh! Lol but if they had gotten Manning I would be considering them deep playoff threats. He would wreak havoc in the division for as long as he played.

So many ifs ahhhhh! Lol but if they had gotten Manning I would be considering them deep playoff threats. He would wreak havoc in the division for as long as he played.

Manning on the Titans would have been too strange for me to even talk about. haha I kept thinking he might go there due to his connections in TN and familiarity of the AFC South, but it would have been too too weird for me to even delve into mentally after it happened if it happened.

Heck your avatar alone is freaking me out at times. lmao

The Titans really didn't do anything to bolster their defense in the offseason, which was the main problem for them in 2011. And honestly, it seemed to me like they didn't want to be in the playoffs. They needed a win at Indy to keep pace with us and lost to the winless Colts...and won basically by default the last week against our B team and 4th string QB. If they made the playoffs...we would have destroyed them.

Good post.

Let us hope they are toast next season. They can be very annoying.

Manning on the Titans would have been too strange for me to even talk about. haha I kept thinking he might go there due to his connections in TN and familiarity of the AFC South, but it would have been too too weird for me to even delve into mentally after it happened if it happened.

Heck your avatar alone is freaking me out at times. lmao

Hahaha yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Just those odd box numbers in the shape of 18, it wouldn't have been a fit...It would be like Tom Brady going to play for Detroit or Matt Ryan for the Patriots. Some people just aren't the right fit for their college state lol, and Manning is at the top of that list. Oh yeah, the infamous avatar...hahahaha I think Catniss is ready to shoot it down soon. Poor bizarre creature lol.

I foresee a pretty dominant performance by us against them.....at least in the first quarter of the home game. ;)

^^^^reference to my dream thread.

You see, I did start this thread BEFORE I read your dream thread. I now know what will happen. And I know the Titans are going to struggle vs. the Colts shut down D and painfully efficient offense and special teams.

Hahaha yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Just those odd box numbers in the shape of 18, it wouldn't have been a fit...It would be like Tom Brady going to play for Detroit or Matt Ryan for the Patriots. Some people just aren't the right fit for their college state lol, and Manning is at the top of that list. Oh yeah, the infamous avatar...hahahaha I think Catniss is ready to shoot it down soon. Poor bizarre creature lol.

Yes my avatar is ready for battle I believe vs. the Manning creature you have.

I think the avatar is hilarious. His facial expression reads "Welp, I'm a farm animal, not much I can do." The fact that he is at a sort of humorous peace with it makes it what it is.

Peyton makes a really cool farm animal.

Many here call him the GOAT already so it fits.

You see, I did start this thread BEFORE I read your dream thread. I now know what will happen. And I know the Titans are going to struggle vs. the Colts shut down D and painfully efficient offense and special teams.

Who are you and who do you work for? That is classified information.

If they want to do anything for themselves, they'd make Locker the starter right now.

I foresee a pretty dominant performance by us against them.....at least in the first quarter of the home game. ;)

^^^^reference to my dream thread.

I respectfully disagree. In order to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, the Titans will need Matthew Hasselback at QB not Jake Locker. Locker will start this year, but Hasselback's experience is vital to counterattack the new alpha dog leaders in the AFC South: The Texans. Our Colts won't make the playoffs for 2 years. The signing of Steve Hutchinson on the o-line was a nice acquistion too IMO.

They lost their best CB to the Rams. They DID sign Steve Hutchinson, which is an upgrade over what they had at LG, regardless of how much Steve has left in the tank. CJ2K just got a fat contract, so I'm weary of whether he ever rushes for 1,200 10+TDs again (or plays all 16 games) and Javon Ringer did not do much last season. Hasselback (if he starts) is a 18TD:18INT type of QB, so if CJ does not tear it up, they will not score much. If (or rather, when) Locker starts, he's more of a threat to move the chains, but his 51.5% completion percentage (when teams WAS NOT game planning for him) has to improve. Their receivers are fine. The defense added Kamerion Wimbley to replace the sorely needed pass rusher that left with Jason Babin. No one on their defense scares me. The Colts could score 21+ on them both games, easily, and the Texans will score 31+ in both games. That will be the Titan's downfall (their defense)...

Which is unlikely but the dream can stay alive as long as football is not being played. And of course the worst to first pattern since 2002.

I can't figure the Titans out. They are one of my enigma teams.

In reality I should hope they are awful. If they are then that just leaves Houston as the main competitor to battle for a while and maybe the Colts can comfortably end up in second place sooner then later.

The term 'Awful' has been patented by the Jaguars. :D

it wouldn't surprise me at all if the titans went 11-5 and won the division. they have a top 5 rb,good wr core, and one of the best offensive lines in the nfl. my concern is there defense they loss finnegan,bulluck and haven't had a great pass rusher since javon kearse.

No one is talking much about the Titans, so they will probably end up doing very well in this division. When the media starts building up a team, then it's time to worry. For example: the 'Dream team" of the Eagles. Everyone knows how that labeling that team seemed to curse them.