Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck

atapcl

I don't think Luck is faster than Cam Newton. I don't know their respective 40 times off the top of my head, but I think most NFL types would say Newton is faster than Luck. Also, I think Cam is more willing to run than Andrew is. Cam is 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier. He's more willing to take on tacklers. Andrew ran a lot in his 2nd year as a starting QB. Had 3 runs of 50+ yards. But he ran much, much less last year. Trying to make sure he's doesn't get hurt on a meaningless run. I suspect Indy will do the same. Advise Andrew to run only when he has to. As I'm sure you know, the NFL is much bigger, and much, much faster. No need to risk the franchise. Too much down side, not enough up side.

NewColtsFan

He's not faster than Newton. At the combine, they both ran a 4.59. Unless Newton or Luck get Faster, they are the same Speed as eachother right now

Okay, not faster, just as fast. And yeah, that's just based on clocked times, but watching Luck play, he can run. Newton is bigger, and the offense they ran took more advantage of his running ability than I expect our offense to, but I think Luck's quickness and speed and field awareness will make his running a significant threat.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, not faster, just as fast. And yeah, that's just based on clocked times, but watching Luck play, he can run. Newton is bigger, and the offense they ran took more advantage of his running ability than I expect our offense to, but I think Luck's quickness and speed and field awareness will make his running a significant threat.

You're absolutely right... Luck can run and he does have speed and quickness and lots of field awareness... so he's got it in his portfolio.... again, the question will be.... how much does the coaching staff want him to use all that. Too early for me to know....

Luck is a surprisingly good athlete.... and (if you'll pardon being very Politically Incorrect) I don't mean that in a.... 'a good athlete for a white guy'.... that you hear from time to time. No. Andrew Luck is a good athlete for any color. But he's surprising because he's big. Not quite as big as Newton or Roethlisbuger (sp?) but he's big and you just don't expect someone that big to move as well as he does. But the coaching staff may not want him to risk his health too much, so they may discourage too much of that. Dunno. Or they may say, do you what you think is best in the moment....

I'm curious if any of the local media will ask Luck or Pagano this before the first pre-season game? I'd be curious for an answer...

NewColtsFan

There is no doubt that Steve Smith is a talented player, but its even funnier that statistics can be used to help any argument if you use them to your advantage.

Having said that, now that Reggie is on the downside of his career, its easy to say look at this guy or that guy and say they would have been better on our team...............2, 3 or 4 years ago I am not sure you would have made that argument!

Yes, we had a dynamic offense and a HoFer as the number 1 across from Reggie does not do anything but hurt his stats, heck, even after Marvin retired reggie did just fine as the number 1, which dispells your theory on him not being a number 1.

Would Steve Smith have done well in the Colts offense, probably, but we will never know! What we do know is Reggie has put up borderline HoF numbers and has succeeded in the Colts offense. Please don't diminish the fact that he has been succesful at his craft!

I'm not trying to diminish Reggie. Your just taking it personal. It's just a simple fact Steve Smith has done more with less. Reggie was great is great, Smith is just better.

And aside from eithere one of them going bananas for the next 3+yrs, they won't come close to sniffing the HOF.

I'm a 40-year Stanford fan and saw almost every throw Luck ever made. Nothing would make me happier than to see a break-out rookie year. But Cam Newton had several things going for him that Andrew won't.

First, Cam had the benefit of a strike shortened pre-season so he saw more vanilla defenses than Luck will.

Second, Cam had some of the best running backs (Stewart & Williams) in the NFL...

Third, those RB's had a pretty good OL to run behind.

That's th efirst O've heard that defenses were simplified because of no training camp..

Nobody said that

Fourth, Steve Smith to throw to.

Put it all together and that helped Newton exceed all expectations.

Andrew will have a very good rookie year. Maybe even be Rookie of the Year. But he's going to face tougher defenses and have less to work with his 1st season. Let's try to keep all expectations in check. Better for my mental health! :facepalm::oops::omg:

NewColtsFan

In dont think defenses will be tougher becaues of longer training camp...

Short training camp hurt the offense much more than the 'D'

...Cam was shackled by the short camp...

look for Andrew Luck to be very good. he has better receivers that Carolina

..and perfect conditions indoors...

It may not translate into a winning season but the full training camp will allow Luck to excel..

I'm not trying to diminish Reggie. Your just taking it personal. It's just a simple fact Steve Smith has done more with less. Reggie was great is great, Smith is just better.

And aside from eithere one of them going bananas for the next 3+yrs, they won't come close to sniffing the HOF.

Not taking it personal at all, just saying that it is hard to compare apples to oranges.

Two different players on two different teams that ask them to do very different things.

Both are great players, but, check out career stats to see the HoF portion of it:

2001-2011

Wayne = 862 Career Receptions (Ranked 15th)

Smith = 699 Career Receptions (Ranked 36th)

Wayne = 11,708 Career Yards (Ranked 22nd)

Smith = 10,278 Career Yards (Ranked 32nd)

Wayne = 73 Career TD's (Ranked 30th)

Smith = 59 Career TD's (Ranked 71st)

Again, you're right there isn't a great deal of difference in the career stats except that Reggie has only been the number 1 for the Colts since 2009. Steve Smith has been the number 1 his whole career. I look at it as Reggie having a more potent offense with more weapons around him as a detriment (Harrison, Edge, Clark, Pollard, Stokely, et al) by drawing receptions away from hime while you contend that Smith faced double teams all those years........all in all I would say its a wash!

Why don't we just agree that both are great players, just different!

Not taking it personal at all, just saying that it is hard to compare apples to oranges.

Two different players on two different teams that ask them to do very different things.

Both are great players, but, check out career stats to see the HoF portion of it:

2001-2011

Wayne = 862 Career Receptions (Ranked 15th)

Smith = 699 Career Receptions (Ranked 36th)

Wayne = 11,708 Career Yards (Ranked 22nd)

Smith = 10,278 Career Yards (Ranked 32nd)

Wayne = 73 Career TD's (Ranked 30th)

Smith = 59 Career TD's (Ranked 71st)

Again, you're right there isn't a great deal of difference in the career stats except that Reggie has only been the number 1 for the Colts since 2009. Steve Smith has been the number 1 his whole career. I look at it as Reggie having a more potent offense with more weapons around him as a detriment (Harrison, Edge, Clark, Pollard, Stokely, et al) by drawing receptions away from hime while you contend that Smith faced double teams all those years........all in all I would say its a wash!

Why don't we just agree that both are great players, just different!

They are both completely diff players in terms of playing style. But 2 things. Smith has played 30less games than Reggie. And Smith actually has 67TDs 2rushing 6returning......and if those guys are in, then Fitz is in right now at age 28. Andre and Welker are both in, and Calvin will be in in less than 4 years as well as Brandon Marshall.....

They are both completely diff players in terms of playing style. But 2 things. Smith has played 30less games than Reggie. And Smith actually has 67TDs 2rushing 6returning......and if those guys are in, then Fitz is in right now at age 28. Andre and Welker are both in, and Calvin will be in in less than 4 years as well as Brandon Marshall.....

When you look at the receivers that are on the HOF waiting list (Tim Brown, Cris Carter), there's no way Smith or Wayne get in based on their projections right now. Both would need about 5,000 yards, between 400-500 catches, and another 40 touchdowns to have better numbers than Brown and Carter. I suppose that could happen in the pass happy NFL, but it's highly unlikely at their age.

When you look at the receivers that are on the HOF waiting list (Tim Brown, Cris Carter), there's no way Smith or Wayne get in based on their projections right now. Both would need about 5,000 yards, between 400-500 catches, and another 40 touchdowns to have better numbers than Brown and Carter. I suppose that could happen in the pass happy NFL, but it's highly unlikely at their age.

Pretty much. And you'll have Moss Owens Ward Marvin Bruce Holt all taking up spots as well.

Why do you think that? Luck is faster than Newton, so why would defenses be less concerned with him running than they were with Newton?

I don't think Luck is faster than Cam Newton. I don't know their respective 40 times off the top of my head, but I think most NFL types would say Newton is faster than Luck. Also, I think Cam is more willing to run than Andrew is. Cam is 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier. He's more willing to take on tacklers. Andrew ran a lot in his 2nd year as a starting QB. Had 3 runs of 50+ yards. But he ran much, much less last year. Trying to make sure he's doesn't get hurt on a meaningless run. I suspect Indy will do the same. Advise Andrew to run only when he has to. As I'm sure you know, the NFL is much bigger, and much, much faster. No need to risk the franchise. Too much down side, not enough up side.

NewColtsFan

Noted........I guess we shall see in the long run!

Not to derail the Luck vs RG3 speed debate with a Pey-Luck spark, but I saw an interesting show about QB mentors on NFL network yesterday. They interviewed Rodgers and Steve Young about having been a rookie with Favre and Montana as their mentors and then years later them themselves being asked to mentor. It was a great show. Steve Young said he was a better player having to sit behind Joe. They even interviewed Andrew Luck.

Just makes me realize that Luck is really on his own. I'm sure hes glad to get all the reps, but I believe a larger part of him than any of us credit actually did want to sit behind Manning and take it all in.

Not to derail the Luck vs RG3 speed debate with a Pey-Luck spark, but I saw an interesting show about QB mentors on NFL network yesterday. They interviewed Rodgers and Steve Young about having been a rookie with Favre and Montana as their mentors and then years later them themselves being asked to mentor. It was a great show. Steve Young said he was a better player having to sit behind Joe. They even interviewed Andrew Luck.

Just makes me realize that Luck is really on his own. I'm sure hes glad to get all the reps, but I believe a larger part of him than any of us credit actually did want to sit behind Manning and take it all in.

All I have to say about that is, Painter sat behind Manning for a couple years, what did that get him? shown the door? Luck is the #1 pick in the draft he needs to start from day one and take his lumps early, ya learn best on the job by doing not by seeing it done for a few years behind a quarterback who wouldnt let him get any practice time with the first team

All I have to say about that is, Painter sat behind Manning for a couple years, what did that get him? shown the door? Luck is the #1 pick in the draft he needs to start from day one and take his lumps early, ya learn best on the job by doing not by seeing it done for a few years behind a quarterback who wouldnt let him get any practice time with the first team

False premise. Curtis Painter doesn't have the talent Andrew Luck has, and never will. But there are several examples of good quarterback prospects sitting behind veteran quarterbacks for a year or two and benefiting from it. There are also examples of good quarterback prospects starting right away and flourishing. It's not a straight-across argument, either way. I have no doubt that Luck will be able to flourish right away, but I also have no doubt that he would have benefited from sitting behind Manning for a season or so.

There are pros and cons to both avenues.

Obviously there are things that can be gained by sitting, and there are things that can be gained by playing. I'm one that feels that the pros of playing outweigh the pros of sitting.

I would also say that the Curtis Painter we saw last year was better than the Curtis Painter we would have watched if he had been the back up under another QB. So basically, I believe it could have been worse than it was.

Preparation is key for a quarterback. At the very least, if Luck were to sit for a year and learn behind Manning, he would have learned how to properly pepare for a game, get the most out of practice, and see how Manning prepares differently for each apponent that he faces. This could translate well for a person of Luck's abilities. Painter on the other hand, may have learned some of these things but didn't have the talent to display what he learned.

Most Colts fans have low expectations for Andrew during his rookie year, however at NFL.com Jason Smith has ranked Andrew as the 16th best QB in the NFL for the 2012 season. We want Luck to excell but have low expectations so we wont be disappointed. I see Luck as a person who will overachieve. He is smart and will work hard. He will study film and learn faster than the average QB. I expect a Cam Newton kind of year.

Preseason predictions aren't worth the paper they are printed on. New coach, new staff, new qb, new line, new receivers, new everything so how can anyone predict anything for the Colts when no one has seen them play a single down??

I will always be a Colts fan but I will wait to see them play and ignore all the "experts" who only muddy the picture with their opinions.

Preparation is key for a quarterback. At the very least, if Luck were to sit for a year and learn behind Manning, he would have learned how to properly pepare for a game, get the most out of practice, and see how Manning prepares differently for each apponent that he faces. This could translate well for a person of Luck's abilities. Painter on the other hand, may have learned some of these things but didn't have the talent to display what he learned.

Bruce and Clyde can teach Andrew how to prepare. Peyton benefited from starting like Luck should. Painter had an NFL caliber arm but would freeze up during games. He was the same way in college. Luck has to learn to overcome pressure to become an elite QB. Luck seems to be a QB who can do it but we need to see if he can do against bigger, stronger, and faster players he'll face in the NFL.

Bruce and Clyde can teach Andrew how to prepare. Peyton benefited from starting like Luck should. Painter had an NFL caliber arm but would freeze up during games. He was the same way in college. Luck has to learn to overcome pressure to become an elite QB. Luck seems to be a QB who can do it but we need to see if he can do against bigger, stronger, and faster players he'll face in the NFL.

Hopefully Clyde learned quite a bit from 18 so he can pass it on. Last year tells a different story though.

False premise. Curtis Painter doesn't have the talent Andrew Luck has, and never will. But there are several examples of good quarterback prospects sitting behind veteran quarterbacks for a year or two and benefiting from it. There are also examples of good quarterback prospects starting right away and flourishing. It's not a straight-across argument, either way. I have no doubt that Luck will be able to flourish right away, but I also have no doubt that he would have benefited from sitting behind Manning for a season or so.

Really I think it comes down to talent and the individuals mindset, I dont know how much of a mentor Peyton was to his backups but it would appear not that much given how he wouldn't let his backup have any time practicing with the first team, as for Curtis Painter not having the talent I dont think he does either but last year wasn't a fair reason to judge him on that, the offensive line was a mess, now there are exceptions to the benefit or non benefit of sitting behind star quarterbacks but only if those starting quarterbacks actually take the time to help mentor the rookie and let them get practice time with the 1st team, other then that you have a backup quarterback not getting any throws in which leads to bad timing on throws, no chemistry unless they have the talent to just come right in and pull a Aaron Rodgers, not alot do over the big scheme of things

Nice find, Blue....

As a Luck fan I would have been fine with having him sit for a year behind Peyton. But only one year. Otherwise you're losing too many prime years for the investment you've made. Rodgers, who I love, is the exception to the rule. Sitting 3-years is not normally recommended, though many forget Steve McNair almost did that. But he had lots and lots to learn to make the college to pros transition.

I didn't know until today that Arians was Manning's QB coach in the beginning. That, plus Arians success as an OC with Roelisberger (who LOVES him) plus Clyde gives me great comfort that Andrew will be fine. Reading the stories that were done about a month ago when Luck spent 3-weeks with former Colts great OC Tom Moore and to read Moore's reaction should give great comfort to any Colts fan. Same when you watch Luck at the so-called White Board in his special with Jon Gruden. No rookie QB commanded the White Board as Luck did that day with Gruden. The look on JG's face was priceless. Forgive the indelicateness of this comment, but you would have thought someone was giving Gruden a very, Very Happy Ending to watch him watch Luck at the board.

Luck gave an interview with Peter King in the run-up to the draft. He basically stated that more he learns about football, the more he realizes he **Loves** football and everything about it. He's Manning's mini-me. Not flashy, but week after week he'll give you top-notch level QB play. Few mistakes. Lots of great decisions. He may not wow you with any one particular play. But he'll do the right thing over and over and over again. That's how he does it.

He'll take his lumps in his rookie year. All rookies do. And then he'll be much better his 2nd year and better still his 3rd and so on....

This is going to be fun......... :td::applause:

NewColtsFan

Really I think it comes down to talent and the individuals mindset,

You can have the right mindset and still fail because you don't have the talent. Painter did and said all the right things, he just wasn't able to perform at a high enough level. Meanwhile, Vince Young was able to get into the playoffs as a rookie. I think talent is significantly more important in the NFL. Not downplaying attitude and mindset, because as you see with Young, that can put you out of the league.

I dont know how much of a mentor Peyton was to his backups but it would appear not that much given how he wouldn't let his backup have any time practicing with the first team,

I'm not talking about Manning being a mentor. I'm talking about the benefit of seeing one of the best to ever do it and the way he practices, prepares, watches film, etc. One of the things Manning did with Sorgi, however, was have him watch film and chart/document how defenses would react, look for things he might have missed, etc. I don't know if he did the same with Painter.

as for Curtis Painter not having the talent I dont think he does either but last year wasn't a fair reason to judge him on that, the offensive line was a mess,

I don't think the offensive line was the problem. It wasn't great, but when he came in he was decisive and ready to throw, which is what our offense thrived on for so many years. More than anything else, Collins' style of quarterbacking was the reason he wasn't effective in our offense. Painter was ready to throw, and the offense responded right away. But he lacks the ability to maintain composure in the pocket, he has poor field awareness, he doesn't work through his progressions effectively, he lasers in on his primary receiver, and his throws aren't consistently accurate. With tons of coaching and experience, he could be an average quarterback, but his quarterbacking last season was, overall, well below average. He doesn't have the talent to benefit from learning from a veteran quarterback. The tools just aren't there.

And one more thing on Painter: the first game he ever played with a gameplan and starters on the field was the third preseason game, and he looked like a capable NFL quarterback. He should have been our Week 1 starter.

now there are exceptions to the benefit or non benefit of sitting behind star quarterbacks but only if those starting quarterbacks actually take the time to help mentor the rookie and let them get practice time with the 1st team, other then that you have a backup quarterback not getting any throws in which leads to bad timing on throws, no chemistry unless they have the talent to just come right in and pull a Aaron Rodgers, not alot do over the big scheme of things

Brett Favre didn't spend any time with Aaron Rodgers; he's on the record saying it's not his job to train his replacement, and he's right. I don't think Manning would be as obtuse about it as Favre was, but I don't doubt he'd feel the same. But Rodgers stepped right in. He benefited from watching Favre prepare and get ready for games. He probably didn't need three years, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have thrown for 4,000 yards in his rookie year.

But watching a guy like Manning study film, go through his routine over and over again, practice with receivers to get timing right, etc., would benefit any quarterback. There doesn't have to be any active mentorship going on. He'd benefit just being around, almost through osmosis. You don't rub up against greatness every day and not get a little bit of a boost. And if the talent is there, you're that much better off.

Watch this video starting at 1:21-1:35. That guys cadence and audible of the play was so excellent. This was an away game and his voice can be heard over the crowds. The more I study the film, the more hope I have for him. I'm not getting to excited, but it's hard not to.

Watch this video starting at 1:21-1:35. That guys cadence and audible of the play was so excellent. This was an away game and his voice can be heard over the crowds. The more I study the film, the more hope I have for him. I'm not getting to excited, but it's hard not to. [media=]

For what it's worth, Luck's original coach, Jim Harbaugh used to rave about Luck's voice and his ability to call out plays and audible. He used to refer to it as an extra tool in Luck's arsenal. In fact, Shaw, the man who replaced Harbaugh, has taped Luck making calls and given the tape to all of the QB's at Stanford who are trying to replace Luck. In short, a tape that demonstrates them how they should try to sound. Players say they love the tape and listen to it. Fascinating.

NCF

I posted this link before, but it's still very relevant to this conversation:

http://pfref.com/tiny/mkWbY

I also believe that people here are setting the benchmark for Luck way too high. I have no doubt he'll be great a few years down the line, but this is his rookie season and our team is still very bad. Those that are expecting 250 yards a game have their expectations set way too high. I think the benchmark should be Sam Bradford's rookie year numbers (3512 yards, 18 TDs, 15 INTs). However 4000 is unrealistic considering it's only ever been done once in history.

Chris wienke its number 9, the list means nothing ;)

Most Colts fans have low expectations for Andrew during his rookie year, however at NFL.com Jason Smith has ranked Andrew as the 16th best QB in the NFL for the 2012 season. We want Luck to excell but have low expectations so we wont be disappointed. I see Luck as a person who will overachieve. He is smart and will work hard. He will study film and learn faster than the average QB. I expect a Cam Newton kind of year.

Obviously were gonna take some lumps this year. But I honestly think Luck can put up better all around numbers this year, than any quarterback in this division. Granted this is not a strong QB conference in all, but still would be a great accomplishment as a rookie. The sky is the limit from there...

Obviously were gonna take some lumps this year. But I honestly think Luck can put up better all around numbers this year, than any quarterback in this division. Granted this is not a strong QB conference in all, but still would be a great accomplishment as a rookie. The sky is the limit from there...

Even if Luck plays great football, Matt Schaub is the #1 guy in the division as of right now. And either Hasselbeck or Locker have the ability to play really good football also, and they will be working with a good receiver corps and running game. Luck probably is the #3 guy in the division right now. Could change, but I doubt he puts up better numbers than Schaub, assuming Schaub is healthy.

Luck will be fine he has the best mentor as far as offense goes on the team next to Manning an that person is Reggie Wayne the experience that Wayne has playing with Manning on studying how to dissect a defense is second to none!! Do not forget that Manning/Wayne is the second rank all-time in Colts history and was currently the #1 QB/WR duel in the NFL. Did you know with all the QB changes last year Wayne still almost got a 1,000 yrds receiving in the season that's crazy skills! Wayne will give Luck (tips) on preparations that him and Manning do before games IF Luck needs some assistances, but to be honest i do not think he will be needing any assistance i think he is going to have his own twist that might surprise Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie who also learned the ways of Manning on how to prepare. Trust! And believe Luck will be fine.He has 4sure 2 of the most intelligent WR's in da game and Austin Collie was on his way to being 1 of the premier slot/all-around wide receivers be4 his major concusion injury's.

Reggie can provide some leadership and mentoring, but not so much from a QB's perspective.

A Chad Pennington type would be perfect. He's basically done due to injuries and such, but if QB2 is playing it is downhill again and rather quickly.

It's the mentoring in the meeting room, film room, etc. That is where a veteran with true experience could come in and help a youngster.

Reggie can provide some leadership and mentoring, but not so much from a QB's perspective.

A Chad Pennington type would be perfect. He's basically done due to injuries and such, but if QB2 is playing it is downhill again and rather quickly.

It's the mentoring in the meeting room, film room, etc. That is where a veteran with true experience could come in and help a youngster.

Are u serious the I.Q. that Luck has i do not think Chad can tell him anything right now and Reggie may not be a QB, but like i said be4 that Reggie knows how Peyton Manning prepare 4 a game as far as routine because he was there and was his prime target so u can imagine what they discuss during the week plus Reggie has had a great career he has knowlegde as well Chad Pennington couldn't even imagine the Colts limbo they discuss during the week if u bring in Chad u might as well bring in Donovan Mcnabb he been to 5 NFC Championships bring him in see how that works l.o.l! Get my point he has had up close conversations with Tom Moore ex-off.cord. they look at film 2gether he have the same off.cord. Manning had when he came to the NFL to coach him and quarterback coach as well so trust me he will be o.k. They will make sure he blossom i know he's going to have a way better year than Cam Newton u see.

Are u serious the I.Q. that Luck has i do not think Chad can tell him anything right now and Reggie may not be a QB, but like i said be4 that Reggie knows how Peyton Manning prepare 4 a game as far as routine because he was there and was his prime target so u can imagine what they discuss during the week plus Reggie has had a great career he has knowlegde as well Chad Pennington couldn't even imagine the Colts limbo they discuss during the week if u bring in Chad u might as well bring in Donovan Mcnabb he been to 5 NFC Championships bring him in see how that works l.o.l! Get my point he has had up close conversations with Tom Moore ex-off.cord. they look at film 2gether he have the same off.cord. Manning had when he came to the NFL to coach him and quarterback coach as well so trust me he will be o.k. They will make sure he blossom i know he's going to have a way better year than Cam Newton u see.

Yes I am serious. Chad Pennington is a high IQ QB himself. Luck would get more out of being mentored by a QB like Pennington than he would any wide receiver. A concept that seems to have failed you.

It's obvious you aren't very serious with your comments about Mcnabb.

Since you know so much, just go bet your house and all that good stuff.. 16-0.. Bourbon street look out... (end sarcasm)

Yes I am serious. Chad Pennington is a high IQ QB himself. Luck would get more out of being mentored by a QB like Pennington than he would any wide receiver. A concept that seems to have failed you.

It's obvious you aren't very serious with your comments about Mcnabb.

Since you know so much, just go bet your house and all that good stuff.. 16-0.. Bourbon street look out... (end sarcasm)

I wouldn't put my house on it, but i bet anyone who thinks the Colts just going to win 5games. Did u look at those games i can count the games in my hand the Colts had no chance of winning not that many because they were in most of the games last year and if anybody was paying attention last year then they would know that the Colts was competing, but they were not trying to win in the first place that's why they brought Curtis Painter in later then when he did start he did well.So how do u counter attack that? No the stength and weaknesses of your players Curtis Painter is a good player, but those coaches are smart they put him in situations where he could fail and mess up and then when he did good the coaches put the defense in bad calls so they could lose the game.Andrew Luck was target they and other teams have been targeting him for years they wanted the 1st. pick they knew Peyton was not going to play the whole season.The Colts are better than the Bengals and Panthers they know how to win they will be in the playoffs this year watch and see.

I wouldn't put my house on it, but i bet anyone who thinks the Colts just going to win 5games. Did u look at those games i can count the games in my hand the Colts had no chance of winning not that many because they were in most of the games last year and if anybody was paying attention last year then they would know that the Colts was competing, but they were not trying to win in the first place that's why they brought Curtis Painter in later then when he did start he did well.So how do u counter attack that? No the stength and weaknesses of your players Curtis Painter is a good player, but those coaches are smart they put him in situations where he could fail and mess up and then when he did good the coaches put the defense in bad calls so they could lose the game.Andrew Luck was target they and other teams have been targeting him for years they wanted the 1st. pick they knew Peyton was not going to play the whole season.The Colts are better than the Bengals and Panthers they know how to win they will be in the playoffs this year watch and see.

I'll go out on a limb and say I've watched more Colts game than you have. But love the Comedy... Comedy gold!

I'll go out on a limb and say I've watched more Colts game than you have. But love the Comedy... Comedy gold!

I think not i watched the Colts games as well as other teams i even give u a easy question and see if you are football wise at all. Who have the better defense between the Ravens,Steelers, and Bears as a whole??

I think not i watched the Colts games as well as other teams i even give u a easy question and see if you are football wise at all. Who have the better defense between the Ravens,Steelers, and Bears as a whole??

So have i.... I actually download games to look at what others teams are doing.

On the field?

Ravens

Bears

Steelers.

By Scheme?

Ravens & Steelers are close to being on equal ground.

Bears

I don't need any pop quizzes, but thanks anyway. Like I said... Comedy gold.

So have i.... I actually download games to look at what others teams are doing.

On the field?

Ravens

Bears

Steelers.

By Scheme?

Ravens & Steelers are close to being on equal ground.

Bears

I don't need any pop quizzes, but thanks anyway. Like I said... Comedy gold.

U never gave me a answer im guessing u saying the Ravens, but if so u will be wrong it's easy to be rank the number1or 2 rank defenses when u have the browns, bengals as division oppenents every year! It's the Bears of course who have the better defense then both teams if u think Luck going to scruggle how can u tell when u do not even know how good the teams they play are? U do not know unless u watch and understand football.