Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck

atapcl

Most Colts fans have low expectations for Andrew during his rookie year, however at NFL.com Jason Smith has ranked Andrew as the 16th best QB in the NFL for the 2012 season. We want Luck to excell but have low expectations so we wont be disappointed. I see Luck as a person who will overachieve. He is smart and will work hard. He will study film and learn faster than the average QB. I expect a Cam Newton kind of year.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Colts fans have low expectations for Andrew during his rookie year, however at NFL.com Jason Smith has ranked Andrew as the 16th best QB in the NFL for the 2012 season. We want Luck to excell but have low expectations so we wont be disappointed. I see Luck as a person who will overachieve. He is smart and will work hard. He will study film and learn faster than the average QB. I expect a Cam Newton kind of year.

He could very well have a similar year but I doubt as good because Newton has a proven offensive line around him and Steve Smith, if Steve isnt their then sure Cam can still run like crazy but the throwing numbers he put up dont happen

He could very well have a similar year but I doubt as good because Newton has a proven offensive line around him and Steve Smith, if Steve isnt their then sure Cam can still run like crazy but the throwing numbers he put up dont happen

Andrew can run if he has to but prefers to throw the ball if possible. The OL has been gelling without Ijalana and Costonzo so I believe we are in for a surprise with that group.

2012 Colts go 16-0 and take their #swag to the Big Easy and lift that trophy

ahhhhh a Texans fan has finally come over and seen the light! :clap: :rulez: Welcome to the Colts family please sign this form stating your allegiance to the Colts Nation and denouncing of all things Houston Texans related

Andrew can run if he has to but prefers to throw the ball if possible. The OL has been gelling without Ijalana and Costonzo so I believe we are in for a surprise with that group.

Im not sure I would say gelling as much as I would say practicing without Ijalana and Castonzo, now maybe they will surprise, who really knows, but when they start coming to practice in Anderson, you better believe I will be their every day to get a birds eye view, I definitly know Luck can run

and whats reggie chop liver? the guy was 30 yards shy of 1000 with three garbage qbs

During the timeouts, Luck discovers the cures to cancer and the common cold, ends world hunger, and solves the world's energy crisis

He also gets rid of all American debt and uses his fist to punch out war and attain world peace...Wait, that's Chuck Norris. :D

Cam is very agile and elusive, whereas Luck is more of the Tebow type, preferring to use his size to bully the opposition. And with the defenses that you guys are facing, let's hope that Luck decides to stay in that pocket. Cam Newton's record is similar to Dan Marino's passing record. It probably won't be broken for a very long time.

and whats reggie chop liver? the guy was 30 yards shy of 1000 with three garbage qbs

hes a great wide receiver I was more talking about Steve Smoths ability to get deep consistently, no knock on reggie of coure, the guy is great

I'm a 40-year Stanford fan and saw almost every throw Luck ever made. Nothing would make me happier than to see a break-out rookie year. But Cam Newton had several things going for him that Andrew won't.

First, Cam had the benefit of a strike shortened pre-season so he saw more vanilla defenses than Luck will.

Second, Cam had some of the best running backs (Stewart & Williams) in the NFL...

Third, those RB's had a pretty good OL to run behind.

Fourth, Steve Smith to throw to.

Put it all together and that helped Newton exceed all expectations.

Andrew will have a very good rookie year. Maybe even be Rookie of the Year. But he's going to face tougher defenses and have less to work with his 1st season. Let's try to keep all expectations in check. Better for my mental health! :facepalm::oops::omg:

NewColtsFan

Offense isn't going to be the problem they are going to around 13th-17th in the league..the problem is going to be getting off the field on 3rd downs that's where the problem is going to be. We fix that and get that down to a respectable percentage we got a shot to surprise some teams

Offense isn't going to be the problem they are going to around 13th-17th in the league..the problem is going to be getting off the field on 3rd downs that's where the problem is going to be. We fix that and get that down to a respectable percentage we got a shot to surprise some teams

well thats the whole reason we got pagano. to change our defense and so far we are building a good one imo. now we just have to see how they play

well thats the whole reason we got pagano. to change our defense and so far we are building a good one imo. now we just have to see how they play

Yep because that 45.4 third down conversion percentage has to be the first thing to improve. Have to be able to get off the field

Yep because that 45.4 third down conversion percentage has to be the first thing to improve. Have to be able to get off the field

Exactly, all we have to do is give Luck the ball. He's bound to Score for us. That was our problem when Peyton was there, we never got him the ball until it was a Crunch-Time Situation. Like when we played the Texans & in the last 2:00 of the Game, Freeney always seemed to get that same Sack-Fumble on Schaub. Then Peyton would take us downfield & Win the game smh

Defense is looking Nice, but that Front 7 & their Rotationals are looking NASTY! We finally got BIG on the D-Line. And with Angerer joining Forces with Freeney, Mathis, & Connor at LB...... This could be One of the BEST Pass Rushes in the League. It's gonna be a Nightmare for Opposing QB's & RB's!!!!

Defense is looking Nice, but that Front 7 & their Rotationals are looking NASTY! We finally got BIG on the D-Line. And with Angerer joining Forces with Freeney, Mathis, & Connor at LB...... This could be One of the BEST Pass Rushes in the League. It's gonna be a Nightmare for Opposing QB's & RB's!!!!

heres hoping

heres hoping

It's not Hoping, it's the Truth. Even when we ran the 4-3 we had one of the Best pass rushes thanks to Freeney & Mathis. But since our DT's didn't step up, Freeney & Mathis were doubled & taken out the Game. Now that we have SIze on the whole D-Line...who will Offenses Double Team now?

One day at a time, feller.

What are you talking about? You're a Texans Fan why are you even on Colts.com ?? I think you typed the wrong Url in my Friend

Yeah, and this Texans fan has earned his respect around here...you've been here for 3 days. You need to calm yourself.

Yeah, and this Texans fan has earned his respect around here...you've been here for 3 days. You need to calm yourself.

You earn Respect by Creating a Colts.com Account when you're a Texans Fan? Thanks for showing us REAL Colts Fan that we have Support from other Fans too. Now that your Job is done.... you can take a Seat ------> _/

You earn Respect by Creating a Colts.com Account when you're a Texans Fan? Thanks for showing us REAL Colts Fan that we have Support from other Fans too. Now that your Job is done.... you can take a Seat ------> _/

Thanks for the seat, your kindness is noted. While you're up, I'll take a rum and coke, very little ice...chop chop now! :)

What are you talking about? You're a Texans Fan why are you even on Colts.com ?? I think you typed the wrong Url in my Friend

How dull would this forum be if it was just full of home boy happy clappers? Very dull I'd suggest. Get off your chess piece and be a bit more civil, and you'll enjoy it more.

Back to the original topic:

Luck is a very talented QB, still he is a rookie in the NFL. I don't put too much expectation on him or the team. We are at the very begining of the (re)building process, with a lot of new yet experienced players, rookies, new coaching stuff. Mini-camp and training camp wont be enough to smith a working machine out of parts. Chemistry must be established between Luck and the O-line to win hard games. I'm sure Luck will prove himself being better than 16th best with very decent rookie-stats. His mind is already focused on the football and Colts, he will know hte playbook by heart at 7th of june. We will see what happens, but I think we won't be disappointed after the season.

Cam threw for 4,051 yards. Steve Smith accounted for 1,394 of those yards, or only 34.4%, so obviously Cam was throwing to more than just one guy. Also, I'd personally take Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, and Fleener/Allen over Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell (who?), and Greg Olsen ANYDAY.

I'm a 40-year Stanford fan and saw almost every throw Luck ever made. Nothing would make me happier than to see a break-out rookie year. But Cam Newton had several things going for him that Andrew won't.

First, Cam had the benefit of a strike shortened pre-season so he saw more vanilla defenses than Luck will.

Second, Cam had some of the best running backs (Stewart & Williams) in the NFL...

Third, those RB's had a pretty good OL to run behind.

Fourth, Steve Smith to throw to.

Put it all together and that helped Newton exceed all expectations.

Andrew will have a very good rookie year. Maybe even be Rookie of the Year. But he's going to face tougher defenses and have less to work with his 1st season. Let's try to keep all expectations in check. Better for my mental health! :facepalm::oops::omg:

NewColtsFan

With all due respect, one could also point out that Cam was working with a VERY slimmed down (or vanilla) playbook and throwing to receivers with whom he had little to no time to develop real chemistry with, which is very important in the NFL passing game. Also, defensive systems that has been in place for a while (like the Saints and Falcons, for example) are very unlike to play a cover two shell the entire season (only our Colts do that). Circumstances tend to go both ways...

But I can also see what you say as possibly true, as that would also explain the record number of 4,000 yard passers (including three 5,000 yards passers) in 2011.

I totally agree.

Im not sure I would say gelling as much as I would say practicing without Ijalana and Castonzo, now maybe they will surprise, who really knows, but when they start coming to practice in Anderson, you better believe I will be their every day to get a birds eye view, I definitly know Luck can run

Glad you will be there. I live in SC and can not attend. Would appreciate your updates.

Speak for yourself... :P

Luck has reggie wayne. and austin collie (if he stays healthy) plus he has two good TE's. but i do agree Newton did have a proven offensive line. although i still thought the colts should have beat them last year. they let cam beat them, not the panthers.

Back to the original topic:

Luck is a very talented QB, still he is a rookie in the NFL. I don't put too much expectation on him or the team. We are at the very begining of the (re)building process, with a lot of new yet experienced players, rookies, new coaching stuff. Mini-camp and training camp wont be enough to smith a working machine out of parts. Chemistry must be established between Luck and the O-line to win hard games. I'm sure Luck will prove himself being better than 16th best with very decent rookie-stats. His mind is already focused on the football and Colts, he will know hte playbook by heart at 7th of june. We will see what happens, but I think we won't be disappointed after the season.

shhhhh, dont say rebuilding to loud. the colts dont feel its a rebuilding stage as they think its just filling in the missing pieces. dont want to make them mad, freeney might come and sack you haha.

^^^^^^, man, you should be sharing whatever you're smoking. right now this Ol is about as good as the bears line. castonzo if healthy is the only decent guy we have, all other positions will be filled by throwing darts while blindfolded. luck will be lucky to survive past 8 games, running, or running for his life.....