Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 Articles Each- 18 To 88's Nate Dunlevy & Big Blue Kookiness Of Stampede Blue& Pretty Much Satysame On Preseason Game,

bayone

18 to 88 2 articles

My link

My link

STAMPEDE BLUES 2

Good: Drake Nevis, Donald Brown, Anthony Castonzo, and Taj Smith.

Bad: Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Mike Pollak, and Jerry Hughes.

My link

Observations, not all he lists

Donald Brown looked good last night. A couple of very solid runs. He hit the holes without hesitation, and utilized his speed to get into the secondary.

Mike Pollak started at guard, but was moved to center after the first series. Pollak was equally dreadful there as he is at guard

Javarris James got a great stick on the punt return in the first quarter. He blow up the returner just has he fielded the punt. Nice job.

Joe Lefeged was also there to clean up the play.

Kevin Thomas. had strong game

Nevis was very good getting down the line and cleaning up running plays last night

At the beginning of second quarter, Colts had to use a TO because they had the wrong defense on the field. That's pretty inexcusable.

After the break, how can the coaches get the wrong personal on the field? They had Philip Wheeler lined up against a slot receiver. It would have been a TD, easy. Colts burn TO and get nickel package on field. Bad coaching there.

On the third down (3rd-and-1) Orlovsky was flushed right because rookieAnthony Castonzo could not sustain his block. Don't ask me why the Colts are throwing on 3rd-and-1 when they've spent all this money and draft picks on getting Castonzo, Ben Ijalana, and Delone Carter(who was the back at that time).

Impressive running last night by Chad Spann. His kick returns were terrible (fumbled two of them, but didn't lose either one), but a couple of times as a RB he made something out of nothing, especially in third quarter. The 41-yard TD from Orlovsky to Taj Smith was a result of a play action fake. The Rams LBers bit on the fake because Spann was killing them. Result, easy TD. Good throw by Orlovsky.

Mike Pollak was sat and Kyle DeVan lined up at center. He looked very good playing the part. He held his blocks well in pass protection. On the 41-yarder, he cleaned up two blocks and Orlovsky wasn't touched.

For those looking for positives, I offer these:

The Colts have more talent on their offensive line.

Drake Nevis looks like a very potent UT.

Special teams coverage of punts was very good.

Other notes:

Drake Nevis never lined up at NT. In fact, after watching him last night, he isn't one. So, Bill Polian saying he will play NT this year is either Polian blowing smoke, or Bill Polian being demented. ( AQNOTHER POLIAN BASH )

Philip Wheeler was all over the field. Very solid outing for him

Tommie Harris didn't do much last night. The fact that people have been asking me, 'Did he play?' should give you a clue as to how ineffective he was.

The safety Lefeged and the linebacker Adrian Moten had strong outings last night. Lefeged will make the roster simply because he looks like a good special teame

My link