Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 05/19

sb41champs

It's no secret that the Colts lost a LOT of veteran talent and leadership during the free agency period and/or being released by the team.

Other than Peyton Manning - if YOU were the "GM" and were willing to bring back ONLY ONE veteran free agent player we've lost this off-season - WHO would it be ??

Depends. If we're talking no cost, Pierre Garcon. A good aged, experienced receiver with big play ability. However I wouldn't ever want to see us pay a player of his quality what he's on at Redskins, so probably Jeff Saturday.

Gonna kick this one off too !!

Despite being Dallas's #1 fan this side of Livermore, Iowa (with all due respect to Megan - LOL) - I would choose Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday !!

He is a leader in the lockerroom - on the field - and - in the community !! He could help mentor a new offensive line that is going to be charged with protecting our second "franchise quarterback" !! 'Nuff said !!

It's no secret that the Colts lost a LOT of veteran talent and leadership during the free agency period and/or being released by the team.

Other than Peyton Manning - if YOU were the "GM" and were willing to bring back ONLY ONE veteran free agent player we've lost this off-season - WHO would it be ??

I wouldn't bring back Manning, he made his choice

I know, right? He was all like "I hate Indianapolis and this stupid Colts team. I want a better horse team. I like orange better than blue. Denver has thin air, I like struggling to breathe".

Peyton...you >>>ed us all over when you got hurt, you selfish man.

Listen and listen good. I want you to read what you just said, log off colts forum, go to google and type in "Indianapolis Colts release Peyton Manning" and click the first link on that subject, read the article, come back to the Colts forum, log back on, go back to what you said and then think real hard on why what you said makes no sense.

I know, right? He was all like "I hate Indianapolis and this stupid Colts team. I want a better horse team. I like orange better than blue. Denver has thin air, I like struggling to breathe".

no words :slaphead: :stir:haha

I'll preface this by saying that I have agreed with almost all of the veteran purging up to this point, but if I had my pick (at good prices) I'd take (in descending order)

1. Saturday (veteran leadership)

2. Garcon (has improved his skills every year, if the contract was right, he'd still be here)

3. Addai (good blocker/check down option)

4. Brackett (sound tackler/coverage)

5. Gonzalez (now i'm really stretching it to fill out a top 5)

I could have just as easily put their question marks/criticisms in parenthesis, though... Saturday is the only guy I was sorry to see go from a football standpoint, although Brackett is an inspiration, Pierre is a cool/smart dude, and Gonzo is an extremely dedicated worker... all of these guys will be easily replaced by this time next year... can't replace Saturday, though... Centers like him don't grow on trees...

I know, right? He was all like "I hate Indianapolis and this stupid Colts team. I want a better horse team. I like orange better than blue. Denver has thin air, I like struggling to

lmao!!!

This made my crappy work day dissolve into a million laughs...thank you lol

Jeff Saturday.......without question....

That Peyton person..

A secret hater of I ever saw one....//Trying to buy us off with children's hospitals so we wouldnt see his true agaenda of elitism.

12 years of simmering bitterness about being a Hoosier....

not like that misunderstood Ron Artest guy.....a true man of Peace

People just dont know a good thing till its gone

...and learned to quit stutter-stepping in the backfield so often.

That's Joe's running style. When given proper blocking, he's very effective and his happy feet actually make for great gains. We rarely provided him with sufficient blocking.