Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any Love For Donald Brown Last Night?

Mouthfire

Yeah, most of that was garbage time.

What I really noticed was Donald's burst around the corner. Makes me hope the stretch play makes a comeback.

He impressed me with some vision last night. On the play where (I think) Pollak got blown up, DB reversed field and made positive yards.

Now if he can keep it up and show us that he knows his blocking assignments, he may be a decent backup to Joe.

(Pollak - that's another matter. He stunk it up both at G and C!)

He impressed me with some vision last night. On the play where (I think) Pollak got blown up, DB reversed field and made positive yards.

Now if he can keep it up and show us that he knows his blocking assignments, he may be a decent backup to Joe.

Yes, it was Mike Pollak.

Shockingly, I was impressed with Donald Brown yesterday, and I have been very critical of him in the past. Hope he keeps it up!

Yeah, that was also a really nice play.

It is always hard to judge Colt RBs over the last five years or so, because they have very little help in the blocking department. Look what Evans did at the end of the game with a little blocking. I think Brown would do the same. But I do like Evans potential. I hope it ends up Addai, Brown, Carter, and Evans

Yes, it was Mike Pollak.

Shockingly, I was impressed with Donald Brown yesterday, and I have been very critical of him in the past. Hope he keeps it up!

Why is that shocking? did you not see his games last year later in the season? if he hadnt suffer that hamstring injury he would have definitely topped off on that, with a good line Donald will be a great back for the colts.

Yeah, I thought Brown looked pretty good for the few carries he got. Showed good vision and decisiveness.

My feelings on DB have been back and forth while he has been here, but I pretty much liked what I saw last night. I agree that he looked more decisive in what gap to run in and seemed a little faster to me than last year. The play where he reversed field and still got 4 or 5 yards was I think a good sign.

Why is that shocking? did you not see his games last year later in the season? if he hadnt suffer that hamstring injury he would have definitely topped off on that, with a good line Donald will be a great back for the colts.

I've never been impressed with him. The only game (in the regular season) that made me think "wow he did really good" was the Jaguars game last year. Other than that he has been mediocre at best. He also needs to be better at blocking, especially in the Colts system.

I've never been impressed with him. The only game (in the regular season) that made me think "wow he did really good" was the Jaguars game last year. Other than that he has been mediocre at best. He also needs to be better at blocking, especially in the Colts system.

Yeah, I think that's crucial. No more "GD'it Donald!!!!" episodes this year, please....

Why? He had grand canyons to run through, and against 3rd/4th stringers. Also, it was only a couple runs.

So your saying he ran against 3/4th stringers when he himself is considered a 3/4th stringer? lol okay.

People are raving about Chad Spann but he had just as many big runs as Evans ontop of fumbling twice on kickoffs. In the NFL, every play matters in terms of evaluation.

But on topic, Donald Brown looked a lot quicker and more decisive. Remember, when we won our sb back in 06', we had Dominic Rhodes starting and Addai has the specialty back. Could possibly see us go back to that philosophy with donald and addai at some point this season if db lives up to potential.

So your saying he ran against 3/4th stringers when he himself is considered a 3/4th stringer? lol okay.

People are raving about Chad Spann but he had just as many big runs as Evans ontop of fumbling twice on kickoffs. In the NFL, every play matters in terms of evaluation.

But on topic, Donald Brown looked a lot quicker and more decisive. Remember, when we won our sb back in 06', we had Dominic Rhodes starting and Addai has the specialty back. Could possibly see us go back to that philosophy with donald and addai at some point this season if db lives up to potential.

What basically I was saying is, if you look at the plays where Evans did do good, the offensive line was doing pretty good and he could of walked through the running lanes.

I was not high on Spann either, I liked his speed, but like you said fumbling the kickoffs could come back and haunt him.

I also agree with you on Brown, he showed some great signs yesterday. Hopefully he can keep it up.

What basically I was saying is, if you look at the plays where Evans did do good, the offensive line was doing pretty good and he could of walked through the running lanes.

I was not high on Spann either, I liked his speed, but like you said fumbling the kickoffs could come back and haunt him.

I also agree with you on Brown, he showed some great signs yesterday. Hopefully he can keep it up.

I mean Spann and Carter had some pretty big holes to run through too.. I'd like to see Evans and Carter get more work with the 2nd/1st team in the coming weeks to further evaluate their talent. I've been following Evans since his days here at Warren Central and he showed signs of the speed that made him one of the best RB's in the country out of high school his senior year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Agreed. In a league where one play can make or break your career as a rookie, those could be the ones that get him edged out.

I mean Spann and Carter had some pretty big holes to run through too.. I'd like to see Evans and Carter get more work with the 2nd/1st team in the coming weeks to further evaluate their talent. I've been following Evans since his days here at Warren Central and he showed signs of the speed that made him one of the best RB's in the country out of high school his senior year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Agreed. In a league where one play can make or break your career as a rookie, those could be the ones that get him edged out.

I'll be really interested to see how that RB battle turns out. I'm guessing Evans makes it, at this point.

DELONE CARTER WILL END STARTING....HE IS A COMBO BACK SPEED AND POWER AND CAN CATCH ADDAI AND BROWN ARE SOFT REGGIE BUSH TYPE BACKS...SWEETIE PIES lol

:troll: check his posts. ban this negative nancy. he is just plain ignorant.

I think he his really getting a hold of the colts system and he's healthy, that whole dayumit donald thing isnt even donalds fault its johnsons fault for not holding his block but hopefully he keeps up with the good runs into the season.