Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have You Been to Lucas Oil

Moncrief

Hey all. I have made the trip over the pond to LOS and what I can say is that it is a truly magnificent stadium to watch a game of football in. Was a 23-17 win v the Bengals in 2010. It was a real honour to watch Manning play for real, instead of on tv from 4000 miles away. Hopefully be coming over again at Christmas/holiday time so will definitely be making sure of another trip to Lucas Oil.

I go to about 2-3 per year. Years prior to last year the vibe was intense when Manning was on field. Pin drop quiet when he runs the offense and then nutso when we score. Great vibe.

Last year, still a good vibe, but people less crazy intent on watching the game. More people walking around and just having a good time.

I went to the game against Pats a couple years ago when we were getting stomped and came back in the 2nd half. Woooweee were Pats fans talking major smack. When Reggie caught that catch TD I think I jumped over three rows.....talk about an eruption! Lucas was crazzzzzyyy!!

ALWAYS a good time in Indy though. It helps when you have buddies with good seats too......

Indy043.jpg

Indy056.jpg

Indy060.jpg

Hung out with Tom Moore after a game a few times. VERY COOL guy!!!! Down to earth and just likes to hang out crack jokes and relax.

TomMooreandBillSimpson.jpg

Lolly,

You got to chill with Tom Moore really? That is bleeping AWESOME Man!!!

I think Lucas is awesome. Its easy to get around and the people are great. TVs everywhere as not to miss anyhing if you leave your seat. Good entertainment outside also. There is alot to see other than the game. Race cars and mortorcycles are just some of the sights. It's great when the top and the end is open. I can see why it is considered one of the top venues anywhere.

Been going to two games a year for about ten years now. About a 6 hour drive from Bama. We stay the weekend at various hotels downtown and walk to the games. Love the city. Best dressed homeless people I've ever seen.

i was drinking coffee when i read the last line of that. need to go get a paper towel to clean up. that should be on the city welcome sign.

Lolly,

You got to chill with Tom Moore really? That is bleeping AWESOME Man!!!

Ya he is one cool character. He is so mentally drained from the game that all he wants to do is relax. My buddies that have tickets are pretty large guys, and when we were talking he said "what do you feed these guys, hay?" and we all busted out laughing. Super nice guy!

Hoosier Dome, check.... RCA, check.... LOS, no check yet but high on my wish list! maybe this year I'll have some extra cash :beg:

maybe our fairy godmother will send us tickets..??? :thmup: :dancing: :applause: Seriously, I hope you get to go to a game there. It is really something to experience.

Just curious of how many of you have been to Lucas Oil Stadium for a football game and what was the atmosphere there and what it was like?

I personally have been to one and it was against the Jags back in '10. We needed that win so badly to get in control of the AFC South and the fans were so kind. The old man behind us had conversations with my dad throughout the game and the other guy that was next to him gave me permission to use his binoculars even though I didn't need them. It was also the same game my boy here to the left of the screen got knocked out and it happened right there in front of me. I even had on my Collie SB jersey.

I found it pretty funny that every time Peyton stepped onto that field the whole stadium would get quiet as if they were all like "Shh let the Sheriff think."

We sat in 420. Excellent seats I think.

Hey Aus, that game was the only one I have been to as well. I was there with a buddy of mine who is also a long time Colts fan. We live in Virginia and made the drive to Indy. It was our first live Colts game.

That Jag game was a good one. We needed it to keep our post season hopes alive. I remember Collie was really killing them until he got laid out again. It was horrible seeing him lying there motionless and all I can remember doing was praying.

The onside kick return for the clinching touchdown was euphoric. It was just an awesome overall experience. To this day my friend and I will sometimes yell to each other, "That's another Indianapolis Colts...FIRST DOWN!" while watching games on TV now. :) In hindsight, I am also thankful that we finally got to see Peyton play when we did. It was a pivotal game near the end of the season and we finally got to witness him do what he does best in person.

Went to watch our Colts against the Texans a few years ago and I fell in love with the stadium and the city of Indy. I spoke so highly of the trip my good friend who is a Jet fan wants to go to a Colts game in Indy. Unfortunately, do to the economy I may have to settle of going to the away game in NY instead with her this year.

i haven't been to LOS yet, but i have seen peyton and company at the dome

it was a low scoring game against the titans. when the offense finally got going the crowd started to cheer. as manning was stepping up to the line, he flailed his arms in the air to the crowd & 60,000 people went silent instantly

you see it on tv, but you can't really grasp the significance until you witness it first hand

Had the pleasure of going to LOS in November against the Jags, the wife and I went on a roadtrip from Windsor, Ontario

I've told the story before but I'll tell it again lol I got to meet Peyton on the sidelines, he was about to walk onto the field when I yelled and got his attention and he signed our baby jumper for us which is now framed and hanging in the nursery and pictured in my avatar (for our daughter Peyton)...yeah we named her after our GOAT QB (I say our QB because no matter what happens in Denver he will always be a Colt in our hearts)

but I digress we arrived friday night and saturday we toured the city and did some shopping at the circle center and another mall in the suburbs which had a cheesecake factory...I remember walking into the colts Pro shop at the mall and being like a kid in a candy store ..I didn't have enough money in the world for what I wanted to buy! and then we went to the Build A Bear workshop where we got a Colts cheerleader bear for our (as yet unborn) daughter

then I remember walking up the stadium during game day and almost getting a tear in my eye...it was a beautiful experience..had great seat neighbours who gave me a little good natured ribbing for being the "new guy" and I left the city feeling as if it was my adopted hometown! Love you Indy!! I can't wait till the next time I'm there :)

Also..can't wait for the Colts game at Ford Field here in Detroit this season! Go Luck!

I'm very lucky. I'm at LOS for every home game, have been since it opened. I've been to nearly every home game since '87. It's a bit difficult to compare LOS and the RCA Dome; they both had pluses and minuses. I loved feeling so close to the field at the Dome, but I love the open feeling of LOS (especially in the concourses!). It DOES seem like the noise level is improving in LOS; the Dome was one of the loudest places I've experienced and I've been in 18 different NFL stadiums. But for the record, I LOVE LOS! It's a stadium for the city and Colts fans to be proud of!!

Oh, and if you happen to go to LOS and are walking around it, check out the upper level concourse. If you look up, you might just see this...

BelieveInBlue.jpg

PreSeasonGame14.jpg

Also had seasons tickets in the RCA Dome, the dome seemed to be great every game. So much louder in the Dome, but Lucas Oil is a lot nicer just doesn't get as loud.

Last year the Texans game at home was a great one crowd was in it the whole time and against the Titans when Brown had his long run the place went crazy. It was really hard for the crowd to get into some of the games last year, though... lol

I was at both the Texans and Titans games and it was absolutely crazy how loud that place was. I have been to at least two games a year since I can remember and the Titans game last year was the loudest I've ever heard it. It was a great first-game for my then-5 year old son to remember!

Hoosier Dome, check.... RCA, check.... LOS, no check yet but high on my wish list! maybe this year I'll have some extra cash :beg:

maybe our fairy godmother will send us tickets..??? :thmup: :dancing: :applause: Seriously, I hope you get to go to a game there. It is really something to experience.

I sure hope so Gramz... fairy godmother, you there????? :)

I bet Gramz & MCF would produce the loudest cheering section in LOS!!! Just like a rock concert with high decibels, ringing ears, & no voice tomorrow. That's why sign language was invented right? haha:thmup: