Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the KEY to success, this year's OL......

Coach_Clancy

I agree I think Ijalana will be good. And I do agree that Big Ben looked pretty good in the Tampa game but I think most people forget that he looked pretty pedestrian in the preseason. He was slower off the snap that you'd like to see, he was not powerful at the POA and when he did his kick slide he would not keep his arms up and the defender could easily get to his chest and that was a problem even in the game. He has some work to do to get to good.

Right that's exactly what I was trying to get at when I brought up him doing okay in the pre-season. He didn't do as well as you would like against other teams back ups for a guy who you want to put in the starting line up which is why he wasn't put in the starting line up.

With that said when he was picked he was viewed as a bit of a project pick that might take a year or two to come around but if he developed the way they thought he would he might end up being the best tackle in last year's draft. Unforently due to the injury he suffered last year that time he needs to develop is only going to take that much longer because he more or less lost his rookie year. So I think people need to stay patient with Ijalana and look for him to start on the right side before turning the blindside of our brand new rookie QB over to him. People need to remember Luck is a rookie and will be learning as well he doesn't have the 13 years of experience Peyton Manning did at the NFL level to just sorta develop that feel in the pocket for the NFL game. It will be much easier to blindside Luck than Manning was based on that alone.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ijalana did play left tackle in college, and played it well, much better than Castonzo in my opinion

Dude you have to be the only person on the planet to say that even though you've said it a million times. If Ijalana was such a great LT he would have been drafted in the first round. Castonzo was ranked by everybody as a 1st rounder. He played well last year even though he was playing hurt and had no off season to gel with the other guys. If Ijalana showed such promise, he would have started. Castonzo will start at LT and will be solid. I'm sure when healthy, Ijalana will become a starter too whether its a guard or RT.

Dude you have to be the only person on the planet to say that even though you've said it a million times. If Ijalana was such a great LT he would have been drafted in the first round. Castonzo was ranked by everybody as a 1st rounder. He played well last year even though he was playing hurt and had no off season to gel with the other guys. If Ijalana showed such promise, he would have started. Castonzo will start at LT and will be solid. I'm sure when healthy, Ijalana will become a starter too whether its a guard or RT.

Castonzo cant handle speed rushers, where a person is drafted doesnt necessarily dictate how well a guy translates his play from college to the NFL and Castonzo struggled awful against speed rushers, he seems to me to lack a mean streak in him as well even in college

Not to mention Castonzo was widely regarded as the most NFL ready tackle going into the draft last year and Ijalana was viewed as a project pick who if he panned out COULD be the best tackle in last year's draft. Castonzo also played at a major D1 program in Boston College where as Ijalana played at a D2 program in Nova. I would sure hope a guy who was drafted in the second round of the NFL draft owned people at the D2 level even if he's viewed as a little raw at the NFL level. Unlike the NFL who you play in college is not equal across the board and you have to take that into account when grading players.

I think people are being way too harsh on Castonzo (not you per say). He didn't do a bad job last year. He played at about the same level that Charlie Johnson the year before that. The only difference is that Castonzo should be get better where as Johnson was probably already at his peek. Yes he got owned a few times but he was a rookie, that's what happens to rookies. They aren't pro-bowlers from day one unless you are Munoz who was a Hall of Famer. I think if given time Castonzo is going to be a very good tackle for this team for a lot of years to come.

Castonzo cant handle speed rushers, where a person is drafted doesnt necessarily dictate how well a guy translates his play from college to the NFL and Castonzo struggled awful against speed rushers, he seems to me to lack a mean streak in him as well even in college

I am sorry if my post came across rude. When I re-read it, the first line seemed a little harsh. When Castonzo plays with two healthy ankles, he will be better with speed rushers. A lot of his problems were caused byinjury

Just because you say it, does not make it true. He struggled against the Defensive player of the Year. Outside of that game he did good for a LT and very good for a rookie LT. Stats.com has him at 7.5 sacks, I have him at 6 in 12 games. I will go by my numbers because stats.com sometimes gives a sack that is on the guard to the tackle (for example Stats.com has Linkenbach not giving up a sack in 2010 even though there is a video clip of him getting thrown into Manning for a sack) He gave up half of those 6 to Suggs. And that was with three Qbs whose field awareness and/or mobility were lacking.

I know you have it in for AC, although I don't know why, and nothing is going to change your mind but I thought I'd throw out some truths.

Just because you say it, does not make it true. He struggled against the Defensive player of the Year. Outside of that game he did good for a LT and very good for a rookie LT. Stats.com has him at 7.5 sacks, I have him at 6 in 12 games. I will go by my numbers because stats.com sometimes gives a sack that is on the guard to the tackle (for example Stats.com has Linkenbach not giving up a sack in 2010 even though there is a video clip of him getting thrown into Manning for a sack) He gave up half of those 6 to Suggs. And that was with three Qbs whose field awareness and/or mobility were lacking.

I know you have it in for AC, although I don't know why, and nothing is going to change your mind but I thought I'd throw out some truths.

perhaps your right but many have said Castonzo would make a better right tackle, as for having it out for Castonzo I simply like the idea of keeping Luck up right, Castonzo isnt physical enough in my opinion and even got manhandled in college at times by smaller guys

perhaps your right but many have said Castonzo would make a better right tackle, as for having it out for Castonzo I simply like the idea of keeping Luck up right, Castonzo isnt physical enough in my opinion and even got manhandled in college at times by smaller guys

I'm really not sure what you hope to accomplish by posting a college video clip. Also, I've read enough of your posts to know that your opinion about a players strengths and/or weaknesses is usually not very close to reality.

I'm really not sure what you hope to accomplish by posting a college video clip. Also, I've read enough of your posts to know that your opinion about a players strengths and/or weaknesses is usually not very close to reality.

example

Does this really matter? The coaching staff will put whoever they think will be able to keep Luck upright for this year. Next year we will have a very good chance in getting a very good LT in FA. We can put Castonzo at RT where he will be a monster and Ijilana at guard, where he should excell. I just think that we need to keep Luck upright this year and then next year he will be fine, if we do go out and get that franchise LT.

the only way luck will survive and thrive this year depends, in part, if he can stay upright. and with any rookie qb, any, you have to have a strong running game to take some of the pressure off him. we have'nt exactly been known to scare teams off the line of scrimmage, let alone run the ball. i think pagano and arian's want to change that, but with basically a brand new line, who will emerge as the starters, if healthy? how about, left to right, my picks?........castonzo, mcglynn, a.q. shipley, olsen, justice. OL coach harold goodwin has got his hands full. we need to be much more physical up front, be able to drive them off the line and pound the ball between the tackles. if we can't, luck may not even survive his first season, and another 2-14 staring us in the face. just my opinion.....

BIGuglies win football games.....I'm just sayin'....

You knew it was comin', right?

Play 1-Personal foul chop blocking, got beat to the inside

Play 2-He got blown by on the outside

Play 3-I had trouble locating him on even with the indicator surrounding him on but it went for a huge run to his side

Play 4-He held his ground and used his hands well

Play 5-He got beat on the outside again

Play 6-great block

Play 7-Looked to get beat on the outside again, the quick release by the Quarterback looked to prevent a sack

Play 8-Held his ground, good block

Play 9-Held His block

Play 10-False Started

Play 11-used his feet and hands well, picked up the block

Play 12-backpedaled well and used his hands well

Play 13-Used his hands and feet well good block

Play 14-Used his hands well and feet, excellent block

Play 15-used his hands well and feet

Play 16-Back Pedaled well and used his hands well

The last play of the highlight reel he got beat on the edge again

He did better then what I made it seem like, he still has alot of work to do to get better especially with faster pass rushers and he doesnt always hold his ground well, I think he needs to work to be more physical and consistent,

Play 1-Personal foul chop blocking, got beat to the inside

Play 2-He got blown by on the outside

Play 3-I had trouble locating him on even with the indicator surrounding him on but it went for a huge run to his side

Play 4-He held his ground and used his hands well

Play 5-He got beat on the outside again

Play 6-great block

Play 7-Looked to get beat on the outside again, the quick release by the Quarterback looked to prevent a sack

Play 8-Held his ground, good block

Play 9-Held His block

Play 10-False Started

Play 11-used his feet and hands well, picked up the block

Play 12-backpedaled well and used his hands well

Play 13-Used his hands and feet well good block

Play 14-Used his hands well and feet, excellent block

Play 15-used his hands well and feet

Play 16-Back Pedaled well and used his hands well

The last play of the highlight reel he got beat on the edge again

Judging by your constant "beat to the outside, you don't understand the concept of a pocket, But I didn't watch the whole thing because it doesn't really matter, I watched his plays last year. And the Colts got a good LT at #22.
He did better then what I made it seem like, he still has alot of work to do to get better especially with faster pass rushers and he doesnt always hold his ground well, I think he needs to work to be more physical and consistent,

Of course he needs to improve, he was a rookie and I apologize if I in anyway indicated I thought he was a finished product. I've been studying oline for a long, long time and I went back and looked at my notes from 1998 (first year Glenn played LT) and Glenn and AC graded out pretty evenly. Glenn at that point was a better inline run blocker and much stronger but AC is better at the 2nd level and better against speed rushers. Glenn typically got better as the game went on, I did not grade AC as high in that category his played was consistent through-out the game. Where Glenn may struggle at the beginning of the game he would improve. if AC struggled in the beginning he would struggle through-out.

And yes, I do have notes from that far back... I used to have dreams of being an NFL scout so I have several binders of players that I scouted, ready to take to an interview. Then I wrote for the now defunct Coltsnews.com so I continued it. Now I just do it for fun for one or two olineman each year.

Judging by your constant "beat to the outside, you don't understand the concept of a pocket, But I didn't watch the whole thing because it doesn't really matter, I watched his plays last year. And the Colts got a good LT at #22.

Of course he needs to improve, he was a rookie and I apologize if I in anyway indicated I thought he was a finished product. I've been studying oline for a long, long time and I went back and looked at my notes from 1998 (first year Glenn played LT) and Glenn and AC graded out pretty evenly. Glenn at that point was a better inline run blocker and much stronger but AC is better at the 2nd level and better against speed rushers. Glenn typically got better as the game went on, I did not grade AC as high in that category his played was consistent through-out the game. Where Glenn may struggle at the beginning of the game he would improve. if AC struggled in the beginning he would struggle through-out.

And yes, I do have notes from that far back... I used to have dreams of being an NFL scout so I have several binders of players that I scouted, ready to take to an interview. Then I wrote for the now defunct Coltsnews.com so I continued it. Now I just do it for fun for one or two olineman each year.

I admit I havent been scouting that long and I am still trying to find my way with it, I still think he got beat on some of them plays, oh I know he isnt a finished product and Glenn did draw his share of penalties (mostly false starts and holding penalties) I would definitly agree Glenn is definitly stronger and had more of mean streak, I guess thats just part of what I dont see in Castonzo yet, any tips on scouting you can give me? still learning here

I admit I havent been scouting that long and I am still trying to find my way with it, I still think he got beat on some of them plays, oh I know he isnt a finished product and Glenn did draw his share of penalties (mostly false starts and holding penalties) I would definitly agree Glenn is definitly stronger and had more of mean streak, I guess thats just part of what I dont see in Castonzo yet, any tips on scouting you can give me? still learning here

Same for me. I actually want to become a scout or GM one day ( I'm in High School). Going to try to get into Indiana's Sports Management program. Any tips on scouting?

yet, any tips on scouting you can give me? still learning here

I'm not a good one to ask. I never got an interview.

Tips: Look at things on a scale from 0-100. When I scout an olineman I have 10 categories and at least 5 sub categories in each category. Since we as mere mortal fans who don't have access to a playbook or the plays called we have to guess at assignments. So in order to do that you have to study what each player does on each play, not just the lineman, look at what the TE, RBs and receivers do as well: For example, in the first play on the clip where AC is called for the chop block, the LG has no one over him he stands up hits the DT over the center with his arm and then just stands there even though the center has him engaged, he then comes over to block the DE. So to me that looks like AC was expecting inside help. Now on AC was not good on that play either; he got his shoulders turned too far towards the sideline which prevents him from being able to move back to the right when the DE makes his move. The DE set that up beautifully, he did his arm swipe and move at the moment AC lost the balance. I would grade this as a loss for AC and a win for the DE because of the penalty. If no penalty had been called though this one would be graded as a draw.

Now on one of the plays where you say the DE beat him to the outside your play 5 or 7, I'm not sure which. The play where the QB is in the shotgun and he completes the pass to the RB in between the hashes. AC has a good kick step, the DE does get to his left shoulder which is not good, but AC is riding him. On this play, however, there is heavy pressure coming right up the middle as well which prevents the QB from stepping up in the pocket, which in turn allows the DE to apply pressure. So grading this play I would grade it as neither a win or a loss for AC or the DE because if the pressure had not come from the middle the QB would have stepped up and the DE would have been a non factor but AC did not use his arms to keep the defender off his chest.

Watching his games this year, his mistakes were more technical in nature than outmatched physically. His biggest weakness that I have written (during numerous games) is he does not have a short memory. Meaning when he messed up it would effect him for several plays. He needs to get over that and realize the time for scolding yourself is for 5 seconds immediately after the play and then it is not thought about again until the film room.

And I will end this with I was not happy when the Colts drafted AC in large part because of his lack of strength. I wanted the Colts to trade back a few spots and pick up Hudson, the most naturally gifted interior lineman that I have ever seen. So when watching AC play I really had to watch my bias, but he was impressive in the very first game. Much more impressive than Ugoh, who had a very good rookie campaign as well. So the issue with AC is, will he be like Glenn and have the drive and mental capacity to improve or will he be like Ugoh and digress? From everything I have read and heard and seen, I think he will be more like Glenn but we shall see.

Same for me. I actually want to become a scout or GM one day ( I'm in High School). Going to try to get into Indiana's Sports Management program. Any tips on scouting?

Here's the thing I could never do, but I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting a career in the NFL while not being a player. http://www.nfl.com/careers/internships

I'm not a good one to ask. I never got an interview.

Tips: Look at things on a scale from 0-100. When I scout an olineman I have 10 categories and at least 5 sub categories in each category. Since we as mere mortal fans who don't have access to a playbook or the plays called we have to guess at assignments. So in order to do that you have to study what each player does on each play, not just the lineman, look at what the TE, RBs and receivers do as well: For example, in the first play on the clip where AC is called for the chop block, the LG has no one over him he stands up hits the DT over the center with his arm and then just stands there even though the center has him engaged, he then comes over to block the DE. So to me that looks like AC was expecting inside help. Now on AC was not good on that play either; he got his shoulders turned too far towards the sideline which prevents him from being able to move back to the right when the DE makes his move. The DE set that up beautifully, he did his arm swipe and move at the moment AC lost the balance. I would grade this as a loss for AC and a win for the DE because of the penalty. If no penalty had been called though this one would be graded as a draw.

Now on one of the plays where you say the DE beat him to the outside your play 5 or 7, I'm not sure which. The play where the QB is in the shotgun and he completes the pass to the RB in between the hashes. AC has a good kick step, the DE does get to his left shoulder which is not good, but AC is riding him. On this play, however, there is heavy pressure coming right up the middle as well which prevents the QB from stepping up in the pocket, which in turn allows the DE to apply pressure. So grading this play I would grade it as neither a win or a loss for AC or the DE because if the pressure had not come from the middle the QB would have stepped up and the DE would have been a non factor but AC did not use his arms to keep the defender off his chest.

Watching his games this year, his mistakes were more technical in nature than outmatched physically. His biggest weakness that I have written (during numerous games) is he does not have a short memory. Meaning when he messed up it would effect him for several plays. He needs to get over that and realize the time for scolding yourself is for 5 seconds immediately after the play and then it is not thought about again until the film room.

And I will end this with I was not happy when the Colts drafted AC in large part because of his lack of strength. I wanted the Colts to trade back a few spots and pick up Hudson, the most naturally gifted interior lineman that I have ever seen. So when watching AC play I really had to watch my bias, but he was impressive in the very first game. Much more impressive than Ugoh, who had a very good rookie campaign as well. So the issue with AC is, will he be like Glenn and have the drive and mental capacity to improve or will he be like Ugoh and digress? From everything I have read and heard and seen, I think he will be more like Glenn but we shall see.

Have you taken a look at Hayworth Hicks, he looks to be a nasty run blocker who uses his mans momentum against him and was good in pass blocking I thought, I would have to look again at all the tips you just gave but he is very physical and that is certainly needed at Guard, I could see him next to Satele being a force to reckon with

Have you taken a look at Hayworth Hicks, he looks to be a nasty run blocker who uses his mans momentum against him and was good in pass blocking I thought, I would have to look again at all the tips you just gave but he is very physical and that is certainly needed at Guard, I could see him next to Satele being a force to reckon with

I was just typing this lol

How do you feel about Hayworth Hicks.

I was just typing this lol

So far I have only read about Hicks. He was voted the team's best lineman by the team so that is saying something. It will be fun to watch him during the preseason which is where Tepper made the squad last year. No one believed me last year when I had Tepper making the team (I had him on the PS though) and Devan getting cut.

So far I have only read about Hicks. He was voted the team's best lineman by the team so that is saying something. It will be fun to watch him during the preseason which is where Tepper made the squad last year. No one believed me last year when I had Tepper making the team (I had him on the PS though) and Devan getting cut.

I posted the video for you to look at. He was also 2nd team all Big 12.

Here is a video of Hicks.

I don't like highlight films because they are highlights not an actual representation. But even from this you can see why he was undrafted.
  • He's slow footed.
  • He needs to bring his feet about 6-8 inches closer together
  • Watch his head, once he is engaged with a defender he is oblivious to what is going on around him. If he does that in the NFL defenses will send a delayed blitz behind him consistently.

Other than that, the guy is obviously strong in both the upper and lower body, he has good knee bend, excellent hand punch and likes to punish defenders. If he brings his feet a little closer together that will help with his foot speed (try it, stand with your feet shoulder width apart and pump your legs up and down. Feels good, right? Now move each of them out four inches and pump your legs up and down... can't do it nearly as fast can you?) But the head worries me. It can be taught but it takes a couple of years to really break that habit and in the NFL you have got to be aware of everything going on around you and least within a 5 yard radius circle. That is why, I believe, Pollack kept getting benched because when he was engaged with a defender that defender was out of the play.

Recent Memory. Since 2007 the line has been bad so over time people just start to say oh the line was never any good.

I don't know if our new center is better than Saturday. That's not a shot at the new guy by any means. Saturday quietly had one of his better seasons last year. It just came in a season that it went completely unnoticed because of what was going on around him.

It's pretty clear the Colts are investing into the line but like most things I will encourage people to stay patient with it. It wont happen over night. Ijalana is pretty much going to be a rookie all over again and the other guys minus Castonzo and maybe Reitz are going to be learning a new team. It'll take them a little bit of time to come together.

Saturday is one of my favorite guys, but he hasn't been playing well since 2008 when he was injured all year. He played better in 2009, and he played better in 2011, but he still has limitations. Every so often he'll dominate the opposition on a run play, but more often its a wash. Satele is much more physically imposing in the run game. Not as savvy pass blocking, and no one is as good as Jeff before the snap. I'm watching some of Satele's past games right now, and I think it's a net gain to go from Saturday to Satele at this point in their careers.

As for the second year guys, they get the benefit of a full offseason program and training camp, which they didn't have last year. That includes continual use of the facilities and contact with their coaches, none of which was allowed during the lockout. And all of that will be even more useful now that they've already experienced NFL competition. It's already a common belief that the jump from Year 1 to Year 2 is huge, and that should be even more true for second year guys this season.

Like I said I think the line will be fine.

Saturday is one of my favorite guys, but he hasn't been playing well since 2008 when he was injured all year. He played better in 2009, and he played better in 2011, but he still has limitations. Every so often he'll dominate the opposition on a run play, but more often its a wash. Satele is much more physically imposing in the run game. Not as savvy pass blocking, and no one is as good as Jeff before the snap. I'm watching some of Satele's past games right now, and I think it's a net gain to go from Saturday to Satele at this point in their careers.

As for the second year guys, they get the benefit of a full offseason program and training camp, which they didn't have last year. That includes continual use of the facilities and contact with their coaches, none of which was allowed during the lockout. And all of that will be even more useful now that they've already experienced NFL competition. It's already a common belief that the jump from Year 1 to Year 2 is huge, and that should be even more true for second year guys this season.

what do you think of Hayworth Hicks at Guard, he looks to be a violent blocker whos agile

And I hope I'm not the only one, but I think Anthony Castonzo should be moved to right tackle. I think Ben when he was healthy did a better job in run and pass blocking. Something we've been missing for years is a mobile quarterback. This completely opens up our opportunities. Also did anyone see the article about us needing to sign TO?

i agree casto is too slow and awkark for left tackle

no there is two of us casto gets beat by speed rushing lbs because he is slow

If Castonzo is too slow for your liking we better look somewhere else for a LT because he's a little more athletic than Ijalana is. I don't know what people expected out of a rookie LT with no offseason reps blocking for horrible QB's, but Castonzo at least did enough to get another year to show his stuff. Suggs whipped him? Suggs whipped everyone last year. It means he's got to get better, not for us to overreact and throw in the next guy immediately.

Castonzo's not Joe Thomas or Jake Long, and we're not going to get that caliber of prospect unless we spend a top 5 pick on him. But he's still good enough to be a top 10 LT in this league if he keeps developing. It's way too quick to pull the plug on him as being our LT.

our coaches wont let luck get hurt because of a slow footed lt who gets beat by speed rushing lbs

He did not have a good year the year before last but if you honestly watch hm and just him last year he played very well. Frankly he should have probably should have gotten a pro-bowl nod last year but it makes up for the one he got he year before that when he didn't deserve it.

We'll see about the new guy, I have a hard time believing if he was honestly better than Saturday that his old team would have just let him walk. I am not saying he wont be good but I at least want to see him on the field before I say he's as good or better than Saturday. I would hope it's a net gain though at the points in their career's. Saturday is on his last legs so I would hope that the younger guy can out preform the older vet over the long haul. I am sure that was part of the logic behind the move. I am not saying the Colts did anything wrong in what they did this past off-season in terms of the center spot I am just saying let's not under sell Saturday he had a pretty good year last year. That's all. I agree it makes perfect sense to go with a younger when we are in a rebuilding mood.

The problem is that physically Ijalana hasn't played and his skills were raw. That's something that is only going to get better by playing. That's what I mean when I say he's pretty much going to be a rookie again. Yes he'll have the benefits from the other things but some of that is going to be spent on rehab as well. I would expect Ijalana to make a jump this year but I don't think he's going to be better than Castonzo who played the bulk of last season and has that game experience under his belt. Ijalana still needs that and that's something you can only get by playing. I think he'll start on the line this year I just don't think it'll be at left tackle.

Frankly I think the left side of our line is set in Castonzo and Reitz. I think our new center is going to be our center. That leaves two jobs the right guard and right tackle spots which will be in the air for Link, the new kid we drafted, Ijalana, Justice, and McGlynn in all likely hood. I would expect McGlynn and Ijalana to lock down the two jobs but I could be wrong.

I think the line is moving in the right direction without question. We seem to have a good young core in place. Now they just need playing time together which is part of the rebuilding process the team is in.

He did not have a good year the year before last but if you honestly watch hm and just him last year he played very well. Frankly he should have probably should have gotten a pro-bowl nod last year but it makes up for the one he got he year before that when he didn't deserve it.

We'll see about the new guy, I have a hard time believing if he was honestly better than Saturday that his old team would have just let him walk. I am not saying he wont be good but I at least want to see him on the field before I say he's as good or better than Saturday. I would hope it's a net gain though at the points in their career's. Saturday is on his last legs so I would hope that the younger guy can out preform the older vet over the long haul. I am sure that was part of the logic behind the move. I am not saying the Colts did anything wrong in what they did this past off-season in terms of the center spot I am just saying let's not under sell Saturday he had a pretty good year last year. That's all. I agree it makes perfect sense to go with a younger when we are in a rebuilding mood.

The problem is that physically Ijalana hasn't played and his skills were raw. That's something that is only going to get better by playing. That's what I mean when I say he's pretty much going to be a rookie again. Yes he'll have the benefits from the other things but some of that is going to be spent on rehab as well. I would expect Ijalana to make a jump this year but I don't think he's going to be better than Castonzo who played the bulk of last season and has that game experience under his belt. Ijalana still needs that and that's something you can only get by playing. I think he'll start on the line this year I just don't think it'll be at left tackle.

Frankly I think the left side of our line is set in Castonzo and Reitz. I think our new center is going to be our center. That leaves two jobs the right guard and right tackle spots which will be in the air for Link, the new kid we drafted, Ijalana, Justice, and McGlynn in all likely hood. I would expect McGlynn and Ijalana to lock down the two jobs but I could be wrong.

I think the line is moving in the right direction without question. We seem to have a good young core in place. Now they just need playing time together which is part of the rebuilding process the team is in.

Have you checked out Hayworth Hicks at Right Guard? hes a nasty blocker in both the run and pass