Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which good team will/can the Colts beat next year? This is just for fun....

Jules

Hey, it's the offseason so why not?

I know many might say Houston. Colts have always beaten them at home.

Just for fun, speculate all you want on a "good team" you think the Colts can stun the pants off of next year.

Yes upsets happen in the NFL!!!

If i remember correcrly the rams first win last season was against the saints so yes they do. Honestly if we beat the jets and the texans at home ill be happy, but I have a non homeristic feeling we will win against at least one more team that was supposed to beat us.

The Lions play GB, Hou, then Indy all at home. Then @ GB again.. very tough games with us in between, if the Lions aren't focused this is one Indy could get.

I also like the Pack game. GB starts out with

SF

Chi Thurs

@Sea Mon

NO

@ Indy.. That is tough start to the season for the Pack. Plus Indy is coming off the BYE.

I'm shooting for 8-8, and I think 9 or 10 is reachable. Indy's schedule is not very tough.

I say the Packers. We have a history of doing it...a winless Colts team upset an undefeated Packers team the year after they won the Super Bowl several years ago. Also we played them darn tough in the pre-season game last year with Curtis Painter at QB and really should have won that one. This is the NFL...and it's any given Sunday. What better win to put the Luck era Colts on the map...early! :D

That said... we'll probably also drop a game that I originally pegged us to win against Cleveland or somebody and still finish 5-11.

I like the idea of Bears the best. Week 1 upset would really get the troups riled up.

It will be difficult. The Bears are at home, Cutler is back and looked like a SB contender last year before losing Jay. Were in the NFCCG the year before. Expectations are high.

BUT, who knows. The Bears might slightly look ahead to week 2 at Green Bay on Thursday night. They are obsessed with the Pack, especially after the loss in the title game a few years ago.

the most important game imo is the packer because if we can go blow for blow, not necessarily win but if we can hang around with the packers its gonna give us confidence and have us thinking you know what we can compete with the best in the league.

What kind of sucks is that most of the games we play against really good teams are away so I don't know if we'll win any of those games. That leaves Green Bay and the Texans, in my opinion. I could see us perhaps pulling a victory over the Texans at home, and not just because they've never beaten us a LOS, that's just silly guys. xD

If I had to pick an away game against a really good team though, I'd say the Jets probably with the Bears in a close second.

What kind of sucks is that most of the games we play against really good teams are away so I don't know if we'll win any of those games. That leaves Green Bay and the Texans, in my opinion. I could see us perhaps pulling a victory over the Texans at home, and not just because they've never beaten us a LOS, that's just silly guys. xD

If I had to pick an away game against a really good team though, I'd say the Jets probably with the Bears in a close second.

Yes it does stink. I think we can win some home games but the away schedule DOES look difficult.

Not impossible though......I think if somehow the Colts could stun NE I would have a parade. Not expecting it though. :)

Yes it does stink. I think we can win some home games but the away schedule DOES look difficult.

Not impossible though......I think if somehow the Colts could stun NE I would have a parade. Not expecting it though. :)

And if it does happen, and you do have a parade, get someone to surreptitiously tape the whole darn thing!

Yeah, sadly at this point the NE rivalry is a bit one-sided. A win will against them on their home turf with our celebrated rookie QB could certainly spark a rebirth. I've actually been secretly hoping since the schedule release that if we out-perform everyone's expectations then maybe the league would consider promoting us to another prime-time game (since they can do that.) If that were the case, picking the New England game would be a smart move so that they could attempt reignite that rivalry. Wishful thinking though. xD

Who's deleting my posts? Is this forum friggin' serious?

Saw it before, the link or picture you had would not come up.

BTW yes I knew many would say Houston lol. Why not? Division rival upsets are common and we have done it before.

Now I kinda hope we can upset a decent/good team not called the Texans as well. :)

Schedule

Week 1 (9/9): at Bears, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 2 (9/16): vs. Vikings, 1 P.M. FOX

Week 3 (9/23): vs. Jaguars, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 4: Bye Week

Week 5 (10/7): Packers, 1 P.M. FOX

Week 6 (10/14): at Jets, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 7 (10/21): vs. Browns, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 8 (10/28): at Titans, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 9 (11/4): vs. Dolphins, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 10 (11/8): at Jaguars, 8:20 P.M. NFL Network

Week 11 (11/18): at Patriots, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 12 (11/25): vs. Bills, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 13 (12/2): at Lions, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 14 (12/9): vs. Titans, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 15 (12/16): at Texans, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 16 (12/23): at Chiefs, 1 P.M. CBS

Week 17 (12/30): vs. Texans, 1 P.M. CBS

I was thinking the same. For no logical reason other than because a lot of upsets happen the first week.

thats my only reason, well that and its a true crap shoot what Jay Cutler will show up, to me their is good Jay and Bad Jay

We should beat the Texans at least once this year, since we have beat them at least once every year of their existence.

Exactly. I don't think it's possible to own a team as much as the Colts have owned the Texans. Last year they had the best team they've ever had, and we had the worst team we'll ever have.....and they could STILL only manage a split.....lol

The Texans have about a decade's worth of makeup work to do before I EVER consider them on equal footing.

Chicago might be the best shot, based on a lot of the "unknown" heading into a season and teams not having a lot of "real" tape on Luck and the offense. Just 4 preseason games which I believe will be limited compared to the first 4 games of the season. Outside of that, I'm not certain it would happen.