Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Thomas

Malakai432

i saw the same thing as you he played well never saw a receiver beat him but did allow a come back had the initial 5 route covered well but lack of pressure by the line allow the receiver to cut back

but overall he looked good in pass coverage came up made some stops in the run game had 5 or 6 tackles

ill like to see him get some more playing time a lot more this preseason to get a good look at him

im not thrilled with jacob lacey at starting left corner going against the opponents best receiver

much rather see thomas or tryon but thomas at 6'1" has good height for the job

Love the way he played, very strong hard hitter but yet has alot to learn...

What did you guys think????

He does hit hard, and with his frame you have to wonder how long until an injury?

I thought he played pretty well considering it's his first game. With 4 preseason games, he should get enough experience to be a solid backup.

I do agree he could mangle himself hitting that hard, there were a few plays where he NAILED Cadillac Williams who is a solid RB.. But the good news is if he can stay healthy it looks like the Colts could have a potential nice CB to help out on the run!!!!!!

True he was pretty good, another person who deserves some notice is chris rucker how he broke that pass up... that was pretty nice. The colts know how to scout some corners thats for sure.

Guest BlueShoe

Kevin Thomas looked very fluid dropping back into coverage and he appears to be one heck of a sure tackler too. There is a very strong possibility that he could be our most athletic corner.

I definitely noticed him when he got in the game. I was wondering how he would do after B.P. mentioned him by name when talking about our 'depth' at corner. My main concern on him is that he hasn't played in a real game in almost 2 years. That's a long time in NFL terms so it may take him a year or so to adjust to the speed and intensity. He is practically a rookie this year, I dont see him making an impact this year besides in maybe our dime packages.

Well i hate to say it but im sure he wasnt playing against great recivers either. Maybe second or third string rams recivers. and the rams recivers arent that great anyway. wait till the packers game that will be a test

In the preseason it doesn't matter who they are going up against, you watch technique; does he turn his hips at the proper time, how does he break on the ball, does he maintain proper body position while in transition, does he make the correct reads, does he come up quickly in run support.

In those area Thomas looked like a 2nd year pro, not someone playing in his first ever NFL game.