Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Redskins "Alternate" Uniforms

MTC

I don't know those toxic green retro Seattle SeaHawks uniforms that look like Oscar the Grouch threw up are the worst in the NFL if you ask me.

I actually think the Seahawks unis are a nice change of pace.

Opinions are somewhat mixed out here but I like 'em...

RedskinsThrowbacks.jpg

Wait a second, a NEW, alternate, weird looking uniform says tradition on the collar? LOL haha

It is based heavily on the original Skins uniforms of the 1930s, leather patterned helmet and all.

Redskins_Helmet.jpg

Looks like FSU. Blegh.

Blame FSU for bogarting our style to begin with when their program started up. Heck, even the spear on their helmet (added in the mid-70s) was a copy of the one we had in the 60s. Bunch of unoriginal jerks. :P

Opinions are somewhat mixed out here but I like 'em...

RedskinsThrowbacks.jpg

It is based heavily on the original Skins uniforms of the 1930s, leather patterned helmet and all.

Redskins_Helmet.jpg

Blame FSU for bogarting our style to begin with when their program started up. Heck, even the spear on their helmet (added in the mid-70s) was a copy of the one we had in the 60s. Bunch of unoriginal jerks. :P

I really love you guys' throwbacks with the spear on the helmet.

What was it the Native Americans were trying to force the Skins to change their name to?

The Redskins and Cleveland Indians over the decades have always received some sort of flack over the logo. It's never gotten to large to the point that they were forced to change a name or anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_mascot_controversy

Only team I've seen that doesn't really get any backlash from this (at least from what I have seen) are the Florida State Seminoles.

The Redskins and Cleveland Indians over the decades have always received some sort of flack over the logo. It's never gotten to large to the point that they were forced to change a name or anything.

http://en.wikipedia....cot_controversy

Only team I've seen that doesn't really get any backlash from this (at least from what I have seen) are the Florida State Seminoles.

FSU certainly got it right from a PR standpoint, that's for sure. From what I've gathered over the years the Redskins' logo, imagery, and fight song don't seem to be much of an issue at all. It's the name itself that some people seem to have a problem with (and a very large percentage of those people seem to be the self-righteous crusader types with no actual Native American heritage or ties). Incidentally, if the controversy were ever to become truly serious (unlikely) the Skins would have a potential out if they were to lay claim to their Boston origins and point to the Boston Tea Party as the source of the name.

The Indians logo is pretty bad... not sure what their history or justification is, though, as I find both baseball and the entire state of Ohio to be unbelievably boring. :)

For the Redskins 80th year anniversary, Nike released the new redskins "alternate" uniforms recently. I actually really like it.

577560739.jpg?key=435598&Expires=1336787485&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=f7qdqeugIphQvWV~VskpkTx~uFsllXhfxJmwZiQpIoo9csYmeE2Wr2mYP8mGz88XTg0yyfIzWKpueFes79EwqXnI1WViBmh4c96MFMNplIFSUrC36WacPbCsUtqDdAcrhwje6E8cmE7-VwjRibklcp-Agsd1KlLDRAVw1JdPcSs_

Asnn4P8CEAA2GRs.jpg

*Click to enlarge the image*

and the Nike NFL takeover is in effect.

If that company >>>s with traditional looks it will be a travesty.

Colts, Steelers, Packers, Radiders Leave them ALONE.

FSU certainly got it right from a PR standpoint, that's for sure. From what I've gathered over the years the Redskins' logo, imagery, and fight song don't seem to be much of an issue at all. It's the name itself that some people seem to have a problem with (and a very large percentage of those people seem to be the self-righteous crusader types with no actual Native American heritage or ties). Incidentally, if the controversy were ever to become truly serious (unlikely) the Skins would have a potential out if they were to lay claim to their Boston origins and point to the Boston Tea Party as the source of the name.

The Indians logo is pretty bad... not sure what their history or justification is, though, as I find both baseball and the entire state of Ohio to be unbelievably boring. :)

You have obviously never been down on High Street in Columbus .... That town Rocks...... I wish I never left.

I'm not seeing it. The Redskins did this same sort of thing when Reebok was running the show and any sort of quasi-milestone anniversary was reached. Our regular jerseys look virtually identical to the ones we had last year apart from the different material.

You have obviously never been down on High Street in Columbus .... That town Rocks...... I wish I never left.

Indeed I have not.

I'm not seeing what Nike has to do with this. It is not as if teams didn't wear God-awful alternate uniforms prior to this year. Cases in point: Seahawks, Eagles, Steelers, Packers, and Broncos

I'm not seeing what Nike has to do with this. It is not as if teams didn't wear God-awful alternate uniforms prior to this year. Cases in point: Seahawks, Eagles, Steelers, Packers, and Broncos

Have you not seen what Nike has done to college football? They are turning the game into a fashion show..... TO SELL MORE GEAR.

I hate it...

They will soon have every single NFL team wearing several different "alternate" uniforms within 5 years. I guarantee it....

just to make more $$$$

Not to mention the vast majority of their "new looks" ... look absolutely hideous.

JMO of course.... :)

This Redskin look is pretty good but the Seahawks??/ eeeeehhehhhheheh

Typically, I prefer earth tones in my own wardrobe [browns, blues, & greens], but it must be the right shade of green not nuclear meltdown, toxic neon IMO.

My ex would love that green...revisit the pic of me in your gallery....my living room was toxic....green!!! The rotts hated it so much they ate the wall!

• 4 weeks later...