Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Retired players complain about Drew Brees quote

Peyton and Eli fan

That wasn't a very smart thing to say. Brees and MANY guys in the NFL today make more in one game (at least one season) than most all of those dudes made in their whole career. They wouldn't be doing that if the fellas before then had not opened the doors.

Open mouth, insert foot...Drew. :foot:

• 9 years later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I agree.  I think this is another one of those over-hyped QB classes that will probably never perform to the level of the hype. But -- teams still need a quarterback.  And will convince themselves that that must take one of these quarterbacks.  That it's the only solution to their problem.  If I was forced to choose, I would probably go with Heisman winner Jayden Daniels.  I'm concerned that Caleb Williams may have some personality issues to go with his lack of measurables, even though he shows strong ability to improvise.  Drake Maye has the measurables, but I have questions regarding the level of opposition playing at UNC.  It's not the same as playing the equivalent of the Crimson Tide every single week.  JJ McCarthy is "good".  And he's been successful.  He led his team to a BCS championship.  And?  I see him in the same mold as AJ McCarron.  Supremely successful in college, but not good enough to be The Guy in the pros.
    • Right. KC was also a perennial playoff team prior to Mahomes taking over. The Colts are a fringe playoff team at best, until we see if AR can lift the roster.    And to your point, Veach took over the summer before Mahomes’ rookie year. Hard to compare how KC’s FO approach with Dorsey at GM (for several years) vs. when Veach took over. It seems like Ballard has been more like Dorsey and Veach might just operate differently from both of them.    If Ballard wanted to follow the Veach KC model, he sure waited a long time to do it once Luck retired. 
    • DeFo was an aggressive move.   But I wouldn’t classify Wentz or Ryan as aggressive moves. Getting Stafford would have been an aggressive move at QB. Wentz was cheaper and PHI was looking to dump him. They didn’t even budge from their initial offer to PHI  And Ryan sort of fell in their laps after they dumped Wentz. 
    • I think most important option is missing in the poll : No One.   I think it's a fairly average QB class that it's okay to not like anybody enough to draft him. There's no one QB that Wows you with their pocket passing Caliber or pure athletic traits or good combination of both. It's like a tweener class of all those abilities, having lop-sided combination of above said skills.    And, this poll, rather than forcing to pick one QB, needed that extra option to express staying away from this QB class. 
    • Rd 1 1. Jared verse edge 2. dallas turner edge 3. cooper dejean cb/s   rd 2 1. Tyler nubin s 2. Chris boswell edge 3. tj tampa cb   rd 3 1. Caelon carson cb 2. Marswawn keeland edge 3. Kris abrams- draine cb   rd4 1. Braylon trice edge 2. Adissa isaac edge 3. Austin booker edge   rd 5 1. Beaux limmer iol 2. Josh newton cb 3. James williams s   rd 6 1. Nelson ceaser edge 2. Chris smith wade cb 3. Brennon jackson edge    rd 7 1. Jonny dixon cb 2. Braiden mcgregger edge 3. Xavier thomas edge   trade up in rd 1 if dallas thomas falls.. with Denver at 12..
  • Members

• DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 331

• w87r

w87r 13,735

Moderators
    • Nevbot

Nevbot 104

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 92

• cjwhiskers

cjwhiskers 844