Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players That Looked Good Tonight

Andy

For all the talk about drafting Delone Carter for a more physical back we still can't convert 3rd and short to save our blue shoe lives. I liked what I saw from him overall though but that really stuck in my head from this game.

you bring up a good point, but the colts have been very uncolts like thus far with the free agent thing,and nate davis can come out and get around again but this time pass the ball around,and painter keeps.......well you know.......then who knows?

I can see where you are coming from, they both had great games. I am just being a Va Tech homer. I would really like to see them both make it, but I doubt that happens.

Some of these guys will remain Colts even if it means signing with the practice squad. And you never know where things might go from there. Heck, we're far from the final 53 & you never know.

With all of our offensive starters on the field and an O-line that gels after playing together more.....our 3rd & shorts (huge shortcoming) will be improved.

I know it's just preseason but our RBs looked good all things considered....averaged 4.8 ypc for 114 yds. But more importantly, there was some hard running and good decision making.

Some of those who recorded the game need to go back and look at the Garçon catch. Just because you leave your feet to make a catch doesn't make it a 'great catch'. That had TD written all over it, it was a really well thrown ball by Painter. Garçon looks back for the ball. Slows tremendously, pushes off the CB in the direction to the ball, and falls losing his balance. He had an easy 2 steps on King. Perhaps Peyton would have let him run the ball down, but painter put it out in front coming into the right shoulder. garçon turns and catches it over his left shoulder and falls. Just food for thought.

I dont expect Spann to come off the plane as a Colt. This isn't your first go around guy. Hold onto the ball. I know you seen a kickoff before.

Brown looked hardened. Perhaps he knows his job is on the line. He ran hard, cut hard, and moved it up field. Something he rarely seems to do.

Our LBs seemed to be around a lot of plays, but didn't disrupt to many. Plenty of tackles, but not a lot of prevention.

Colts haven't changed the playbook at all. spread the field, one or two different running options. Stretch and dive. And about 3 intermediate routes. Ho hum. And everyone saw that our QB accuracy isn't nearly good enough for that unless it's 18.

It's amazing how important 18 is, so amazing it's sad.

Someone else already said it, but I thought Ollie Ogbu showed some flashes last night. He got penetration on a few plays and looked a bit stouter than his frame would indicate.

It's been said to death, but Nevis was something of a revelation (at least for a Colts DT)

Some of those who recorded the game need to go back and look at the Garçon catch. Just because you leave your feet to make a catch doesn't make it a 'great catch'. That had TD written all over it, it was a really well thrown ball by Painter. Garçon looks back for the ball. Slows tremendously, pushes off the CB in the direction to the ball, and falls losing his balance. He had an easy 2 steps on King. Perhaps Peyton would have let him run the ball down, but painter put it out in front coming into the right shoulder. garçon turns and catches it over his left shoulder and falls. Just food for thought.

I dont expect Spann to come off the plane as a Colt. This isn't your first go around guy. Hold onto the ball. I know you seen a kickoff before.

Brown looked hardened. Perhaps he knows his job is on the line. He ran hard, cut hard, and moved it up field. Something he rarely seems to do.

Our LBs seemed to be around a lot of plays, but didn't disrupt to many. Plenty of tackles, but not a lot of prevention.

Colts haven't changed the playbook at all. spread the field, one or two different running options. Stretch and dive. And about 3 intermediate routes. Ho hum. And everyone saw that our QB accuracy isn't nearly good enough for that unless it's 18.

It's amazing how important 18 is, so amazing it's sad.

Incorrect, that pass didn't have TD written all over it. Maybe if it was a little more accurate, and thrown a bit further.

Garcon had to use all of his 6'0 frame to catch that ball, I have a hard time believing your suggestion would've lead to a TD.

Incorrect, that pass didn't have TD written all over it. Maybe if it was a little more accurate, and thrown a bit further.

Garcon had to use all of his 6'0 frame to catch that ball, I have a hard time believing your suggestion would've lead to a TD.

I agree. if anything Painter threw it inaccurately. Which i dont like saying cuz i like Painter. But Garcon didnt even touch the DB and was only a step ahead. If it was thrown accurately, it might of been a TD based on the fact that Garcon can break a tackle.

I agree. if anything Painter threw it inaccurately. Which i dont like saying cuz i like Painter. But Garcon didnt even touch the DB and was only a step ahead. If it was thrown accurately, it might of been a TD based on the fact that Garcon can break a tackle.

Garçon broke his route and made a catch on a severely under thrown ball. One of the commentators made a comment about the "great throw". No, it was a terrible throw. This is the same broadcast crew that started the halftime interview at the end of the 1st quarter. Did anyone else catch that? I was like WTH?

Not really a commnet on the play of anyone, but during bullit's interview, he seemed bigger than last year. I hope that means the dbs are more duable than last year. They are fast, but with the exception of 41, I have my doubts of who will make it all of the games.

Living in Va. I have had the opportunity to see Evans a lot. I thought he was a great pick up for us. He brings an element to our running game we have not had in quite sometime. He is a tough, hard nosed, downhill runner with out standing effort.

I think he makes the team and gives us the short yardage back we have needed for quite sometime.

Well it looks like Irsay was impressed with Evans. He has laid out a challenge for Carter. Should be interesting to watch.

Colts owner: UDFA Evans will push D.Carter

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44137657/ns/sports-player_news/

Some of these guys will remain Colts even if it means signing with the practice squad. And you never know where things might go from there. Heck, we're far from the final 53 & you never know.

With all of our offensive starters on the field and an O-line that gels after playing together more.....our 3rd & shorts (huge shortcoming) will be improved.

I know it's just preseason but our RBs looked good all things considered....averaged 4.8 ypc for 114 yds. But more importantly, there was some hard running and good decision making.

A lot of those yards were from back #4 in garbage time, but yes, the running seemed a little cleaner. We still won't know much for a while.

I agree with your point about the practice squad; and hey, it's the Colts. We're always an injury away from someone getting the call.

Guest BlueShoe

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Joe Lefeged. Go back and look at the game everyone. Keep your eye on #35 and you'll see what I am talking about.

This kid is one heck of a tackler and is finding himself in position to make plays.

Garçon broke his route and made a catch on a severely under thrown ball. One of the commentators made a comment about the "great throw". No, it was a terrible throw. This is the same broadcast crew that started the halftime interview at the end of the 1st quarter. Did anyone else catch that? I was like WTH?

Yeah, my wife and I thought we were halucinating when that came up.