Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players That Looked Good Tonight

Andy

Even though it was a bad night, a couple of Colts players did well. Those players were:

Drake Nevis DT

Darren Evans RB

Mike McNeill TE

Kevin Thomas CB

Kavell Conner LB

If there's any I'm missing please tell me, b/c it means I probably forgot.

I'd Add

Anthony Castonzo

Ben Ijalana

Delone Carter

Garcon had a nice grab as well

Great catch by Garcon, but it doesn't mean he did that well. Carter did well, Ijalana did very well. Castonzo did fairly well, but he made a couple of mistakes like blocking a blitzing LB, and letting Quinn rush unblocked. Just a rookie mistake, but generally he did very well.

Even though it was a bad night, a couple of Colts players did well. Those players were:

Drake Nevis DT

Darren Evans RB

Mike McNeill TE

Kevin Thomas CB

Kavell Conner LB

If there's any I'm missing please tell me, b/c it means I probably forgot.

Evans didn't seem to get much at all from what I saw. Granted, I was trying to get the kids to bed, but the only time I saw him he was getting stuffed. And he looked like a hobbit out there against all the other giants...

Evans didn't seem to get much at all from what I saw. Granted, I was trying to get the kids to bed, but the only time I saw him he was getting stuffed. And he looked like a hobbit out there against all the other giants...

He had 8 carries for 52 yards

The tackling by the 2's and beyond was awful. Worse than awful.

Wheeler made a ton of tackles, but very few were actually tackles. Most of the time he just ran into a guy and made him fall down. A good juke, stiff arm, or spin move would easily dispose of him.

It literally looks like they've spent zero time in camp devoted to learning to tackle. Most of the tackles attempted tonight looked like an un-wanted hug.

Yeah, sure, it's the pre-season and all that other crap people like to say... But just because it's the pre-season doesn't excuse bad fundamentals, and tackling is a fundamental of football.

Nevis looked good. I'd really like to see him play the majority of the 3rd game with the starters to see what he can do.

The blocking didn't look terrible, but to say it looked good is an extreme stretch.

He ony played the first 2 series and the first one was cut short thanks to an int

Thanks, your just helping prove my point. He played really only 1 series, and had one catch, which means that it wasn't a great game, but only a great catch.

Good

Nevis, Ogbu, Castonza, Ijalana, and Evans.

Bad

Linebackers

Nate Davis

I wouldn't say Nate Davis was bad, but he wasn't good either. Painter was bad, had many more bad plays than good plays. A.J Feeley of the Rams had a good game.

Thanks, your just helping prove my point. He played really only 1 series, and had one catch, which means that it wasn't a great game, but only a great catch.

how thick are you? he had one opportunity and made a great catch for 41 yards. playing what 8 plays? in what way is that not a good game?? Did you expect him to put up 100 yards and 3 tds in 2 drives? How did reggie play? do you wanna cut him he played soo bad? what about collie?

garcon made a great play, he looked really good for what he played in the game, therefore he had a great game.

how thick are you? he had one opportunity and made a great catch for 41 yards. playing what 8 plays? in what way is that not a good game?? Did you expect him to put up 100 yards and 3 tds in 2 drives? How did reggie play? do you wanna cut him he played soo bad? what about collie?

garcon made a great play, he looked really good for what he played in the game, therefore he had a great game.

I'm saying he played great... for one drive. One drive is not a whole game. Reggie WAyne and Austin Collie did not have good games, but they did not have bad games, mostly because they barely played. I never said that we should cut Garcon b/c of this game, so I don't know where you're getting that from. So to answer your question, i'm about 6'1, 190 pounds, so im pretty thin. :)

I'm saying he played great... for one drive. One drive is not a whole game. Reggie WAyne and Austin Collie did not have good games, but they did not have bad games, mostly because they barely played. I never said that we should cut Garcon b/c of this game, so I don't know where you're getting that from. So to answer your question, i'm about 6'1, 190 pounds, so im pretty thin. :)

lol at the last sentence. i guess to me, the title of the thread is players who looked good tonight. what we saw of garcon he looked good. sorry if i sounded attacking or accusatory. Maybe i misunderstood you.

the little bit of chad spann i saw was nice, and in my opinion the two big runs darren evans had at the end of the game looked more like the rams d not really playing..

The only way Spann makes the team is if he is a returner, and he was awful returning kicks tonight. Maybe just nerves. HAve to wait and see how the rest of the pre season plays out

Living in Va. I have had the opportunity to see Evans a lot. I thought he was a great pick up for us. He brings an element to our running game we have not had in quite sometime. He is a tough, hard nosed, downhill runner with out standing effort.

I think he makes the team and gives us the short yardage back we have needed for quite sometime.

i thought nate davis showed somethin out there tonight he played better than painter and orlovsky in my oppinion

Agreed. I lurked in a chat room with some Rams fans watching the game and while they laughed at all of our other backups most thought that Nate Davis was "not that bad". lol

Living in Va. I have had the opportunity to see Evans a lot. I thought he was a great pick up for us. He brings an element to our running game we have not had in quite sometime. He is a tough, hard nosed, downhill runner with out standing effort.

I think he makes the team and gives us the short yardage back we have needed for quite sometime.

That'll be Delone Carter's job.

Really? I thought Davis looked lost, like a deer in the headlights. I understand he was playing with our 3's, maybe they'll play him 2nd next week.

heck all three of our back ups looked like that not just nate davis but i like how he was getting out of the pocket,he really didnt do much throwing wise but

he was fast if he does more with the pass he could be a good back up just sayin....

heck all three of our back ups looked like that not just nate davis but i like how he was getting out of the pocket,he really didnt do much throwing wise but

he was fast if he does more with the pass he could be a good back up just sayin....

I think he has to get used to our system obviously. He brings nice mobility and can scramble and make some plays for you when he is comfortable as evident by some of his preseason games while with the 49ers. Brings some nice physical tools but needs to refine his mental game to stick with the Colts. I think he could be better than Painter if given the chance but I don't see the Colts doing that unfortunately. My prediction is they will go with Painter and Orlovsky because their stand still in the pocket style seems to be what the Colts like. Also they probably feel that Painter knows the system the best and Orlovsky has the most "experience". Rooting for Nate though.