Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

brad well's projected 53 man roster

CR91

I'm not sure how he sees some of those scrub Olinemen on the roster over Joe Reitz.

Who the heck is Steven Baker?

yea i dont agree with that either. i have reitz penciled in as our starting LG

yea i dont agree with that either. i have reitz penciled in as our starting LG

Same here. I felt he was very underrated last year. The way he grew from a guy who didn't even play football in college, and turned into a starting lineman in the NFL.....that's nothing to just cast aside so easily in favor of Mike McGlynn.

Also I think Hickman makes the roster over Fugger. Fugs can go to Practice Squad.

Lefeged also makes the team IMO.

I'd be surprised if Buddy Jackson makes the final roster, but he could be in line for a practice squad spot. It'd be great if Pagano can coach him up though, dude's a great athlete.

Overall, that's not a bad roster for a team that was 2-14 last year. One more year of adding talent and we'll be in great shape.

How can you not agree with keeping Eldridge? He is the only TE on the roster who can block

Allen will take over those duties. He is the second best blocker right now, and he is already a better receiver than Eldridge. Brody will slide down the chart over the course of the season.

QB: Andrew Luck*, Drew Stanton, Chandler Harnish*

RB: Donald Brown, Delone Carter, Vick Ballard*, Deji Karim

FB: Chris Gronkowski

WR: Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, T.Y. Hilton*, Donnie Avery, LaVon Brazill*

TE: Coby Fleener*, Dwayne Allen*, Brody Eldridge, Justin Snow, Dominque Jones

LT: Anthony Castonzo, Justin Anderson*

LG: Mike McGlynn, Hayworth Hicks*, Steven Baker*

OC: Samson Satele, A.Q. Shipley

RG: Ben Ijalana

RT: Winston Justice, Jeff Linkenbach

RE: Cory Redding, Ricardo Mathews

NT: Josh Chapman*, Brandon McKinney, Antonio Johnson

LE: Fili Moala, Drake Nevis

OLB: Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes

ILB: Pat Angerer, A.J. Edds

ILB: Kavell Conner, Chris Galippo*

OLB: Dwight Freeney, Tim Fugger*

CB: Jerraud Powers, Kevin Thomas

CB: Chris Rucker, Buddy Jackson*, Antonio Fenelus*

FS: Antoine Bethea

SS: Tom Zbikowski, Matt Merletti*

P: Pat McAfee

K: Adam Vinatieri

http://www.stampedeb...s-53-man-roster

i personally disagree with keeping harnish, karim,and eldridge

It's way early, but I'm doubting Deji Karim or Dominique Jones make the final roster, or that they'll want to carry that many RBs and TEs into the season... especially if it leaves them so thin at safety.

Allen will take over those duties. He is the second best blocker right now, and he is already a better receiver than Eldridge. Brody will slide down the chart over the course of the season.

Allen can not block at all, he will have to improve considerably

It's way early, but I'm doubting Deji Karim or Dominique Jones make the final roster, or that they'll want to carry that many RBs and TEs into the season... especially if it leaves them so thin at safety.

Dominique Jones has been impressive in camp thus far. Big strong athletic kid, probably makes the roster IMO

agree that it is waaaaay too early to know anything, but who cares? I NEED THIS! :excited: jk, but, in all seriousness... At this point I'm going to say swap Karim/Jones/Mookie/Jackson for Reitz/Evans/Pellerin/Chigbo.... unless we sign a decent safety, in which case, play that guy over one of the backs... also, where's our FB? or have we moved beyond that at this point?

We have a new regime here. Grigson and pagano have watched Reitz and Eldridge's tape and decided to keep them here, but they also brought in other lineman that they may like better based on their tape. We don't know about these guys yet. I think it comes down to training camp and who plays best.

They like Stephen Baker for his size at 6'8" and 310 lbs. He though is a major project as compared to Joe Reitz who at least has some experience and is a big boy as well at 6'7" and 320 lbs. Not to mention that Reitz has some starts under his belt. I do not think that they will start Reitz over McGlynn though as they pursued McGlynn to fill that postion.

I think we keep Lefeged. I see Whalen making our team. Chandler Harnish is a sleeper I think he could be used in the Wildcat. I think Vick Ballard starts over Carter. I like Buddy Jackson I think he beats out Kevin Thomas and Rucker.

I see. Yeah a blocking TE is important, they all can't be tall WRs. From what I remember Brody can catch too if needed.

hes never gonna see the field unless someone gets hurt. i rather have someone who can also play ST like an extra safety or another wr

hes never gonna see the field unless someone gets hurt. i rather have someone who can also play ST like an extra safety or another wr

Brody does play special teams and in 3 TE sets he will see the field.

I don't see why nobody has Whalen on our team. I honestly think he will play the slot with Collie the #2. He stood out the most at camp to the coaches.

I don't see why nobody has Whalen on our team. I honestly think he will play the slot with Collie the #2. He stood out the most at camp to the coaches.

:facepalm: Bold statement for an UDFA performance at a rookie mini camp with no pads. So you think he would start over both Collie and Hilton?

I would change Karim for Whalen. We have to take advantage of the chemistry he has with Luck

LOLOLOL

None of this has anything to do with existing chemistry and Luck. Talent trumps all. Luck and Fleener were high picks. Whalen is a long shot.

Those two points aside, keeping 6 WRs is a stretch. I doubt Whalen beats out Brazil, but that's just me. Whalen makes the roster if a WR tears an ACL or has some other season ending injury.

We have no proven commodity at RB. I think Ballard likely will get a shot to start at some point. But keeping only 3 with no FB would be a mistake, IMO. 4 makes plenty of sense, especially with a rookie passer who we want to acclimate to the NFL. No sense trying to throw 40+ passes a game when they're still going to be figuring the offense out.

4 rbs, 1 fb and 5 tes? I seriously doubt it. 10 OL? I seriously doubt it. Only 3 safeties? I seriously doubt it.

And, to emphasize what others have already said, how does Reitz go from starting LG to not making the roster, while Hayworth Hicks and Stephen Baker DO make the roster?

LOLOLOL

None of this has anything to do with existing chemistry and Luck. Talent trumps all. Luck and Fleener were high picks. Whalen is a long shot.

Those two points aside, keeping 6 WRs is a stretch. I doubt Whalen beats out Brazil, but that's just me. Whalen makes the roster if a WR tears an ACL or has some other season ending injury.

We have no proven commodity at RB. I think Ballard likely will get a shot to start at some point. But keeping only 3 with no FB would be a mistake, IMO. 4 makes plenty of sense, especially with a rookie passer who we want to acclimate to the NFL. No sense trying to throw 40+ passes a game when they're still going to be figuring the offense out.

This.

Whalen was undrafted for a reason.

I think we keep Lefeged. I see Whalen making our team. Chandler Harnish is a sleeper I think he could be used in the Wildcat. I think Vick Ballard starts over Carter. I like Buddy Jackson I think he beats out Kevin Thomas and Rucker.

The wildcat is no longer effective. It was effective when it took teams by surprise. Now defenses know how to defend the wildcat. It should not be in our playbook. Also, I would not want to take the ball out of Luck's hands to runs some gimmicky wildcat play, just like I wouldn't have wanted to take the ball out of Manning's hands.

I question this roster. This guy has probably been to camp but I think he has no sources as to who is staying and who is going. I agree Reitz should probably make the squad. I was thinking probably Lefeged at saftey as well but a couple of our corners are pretty big and could slide over possibly so I will reserve judgement. I seriously question Karim but he is probably handling return duties. Everything else seems plausible.

:facepalm: Bold statement for an UDFA performance at a rookie mini camp with no pads. So you think he would start over both Collie and Hilton?

Collie should be the number 2. He is the second best receiver on the team, and he is more than capable of playing opposite of Reggie. He has already down it.

Hilton I see as the return guy.

Collie should be the number 2. He is the second best receiver on the team, and he is more than capable of playing opposite of Reggie. He has already down it.

I misunderstood you...I thought you were saying Collie should be the #2 slot as in backing up Whalen.