Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Packers Preseason Game Night Thread

pavemento

it seems the D was great in practice against our Oline but same old D against a team that has any O line than ours

How will the new Oline ever get any time to play together in these preseason games if the D can't get off the field? i'm so sick of this every year. why can't someone fix it???

it seems the D was great in practice against our Oline but same old D against a team that has any O line than ours

well let me tell you something preseason

is not about the winner its about finding out who can play getting young guys some live action that whats its about

well let me tell you something preseason

is not about the winner its about finding out who can play getting young guys some live action that whats its about

I'm not watching the game. could someone tell me how the Oline looks. we did have a first team in together didn't we? and who started on the D line? I did not see AJ TH RM or DF mentioned anywhere did they play at all?

I'm not watching the game. could someone tell me how the Oline looks. we did have a first team in together didn't we? and who started on the D line? I did not see AJ TH RM or DF mentioned anywhere did they play at all?

yeah

ijalana and constanzo looking ok overall

pollack was getting blown up from what i seen

Im sick of hearing its preseason itz preseason.The preseason is a reflection of how our season will be 10-6 or 9-7 and lose to the pats bolts etc.Colts front office sucks.I feel so bad for manning Haveing to be on this train wreck team year after year!!!

Im sick of hearing its preseason itz preseason.The preseason is a reflection of how our season will be 10-6 or 9-7 and lose to the pats bolts etc.Colts front office sucks.I feel so bad for manning Haveing to be on this train wreck team year after year!!!

your a *. if the preseason was a reflection of the season then we would suck for the last 10 years. remember when the lions went 4-0 in the preseason guess what they went 0-16 in the regular season

We suck every year during the preseason, this isn't new, and we have had no trouble in making the playoffs. We have been terrible in the preseason, and we went 14-0 before playing subs the final 2 games, and we have had numerous 12-0, 13-0 starts, so your statement is clearly dumbfounded.

If our rush D would seem to pick up their game in the regular season, I don't think we would be having this conversation right now, but they don't!!! The Colts are consistently ranked one of the last, if not THE last in rushing defense year after year and that's in the regular season!!!! Think back to last year's opener in Houston...Manning threw for 400+ yards, 3TDs and zero interceptions. That amazing performance yielded a big 'L' for the team...

A post-game write-up had this to say..."The Colts defense looked like the Indy defense of the 2006 regular season. Yes, the same defense that ranked dead last in run defense and allowed every team they played against to rush for over 100 yards. Texans 2nd year Running Back Arian Foster put on a running clinic against the Colts defense. Foster totaled 231 yards rushing on 33 attempts and 3 touchdowns, leading him to the second best opening game for a running back in NFL history, as well as the franchise record for most rushing yards in a single game. Allowing a single running back to rush for over 200 yards is a sign of a true problem for the Colts.

No one on the defensive side of the ball seemed to be able to make a solid tackle. It seemed as though on every play, at least three or four defenders were needed to tackle one Texan player. The lack of effective tackles, and the inability of the defensive linemen to get off of their blocks, were the two big reasons why Foster had such a huge day rushing."

That was against a 100% healthy defense...We can NEVER stop the run and I don't know how long it's going to take a lot of fans and management to realize it doesn't change from year to year...It is consistently a problem!

One may say, well we won a championship, didn't we...Yes we did! Why?!...Is it that the offense played so much better in the 2006 post-season than they did in the regular season? No! The defense stepped up their game, going from last in rushing D to 1st. Take a look at the 2006 DVD, it was no new players, no new plays, just Colts veterans who should be tackling well consistently deciding to pick it up in the post-season, actually wrapping their arms around a rushers legs and not letting go. You know what that means to me?...A lack of heart and desire from many veterans to play well consistently during the regular season and most playoff appearances (the exception being the 2006 playoffs mentioned). I hope this 'small and fast' game-plan will change soon b/c our guys are consistently ran over...Our rush D in the regular season is a carbon copy of what you saw tonight. Before ppl jump down my throat, go back, watch our old footage and watch those healthy veteran leaders not wrap-up. I understand we can't be #1 in every category and we don't need to be, but we absolutely can't be last in rushing D...Our D on the field means the clock is running down and our O is not on the field. Defense wins championships and that's why we had the outcome we did in 2006...Defensive guys going back to the basics.

The Colts will always be the Colts if you know what I mean. I still support them but I don't agree with a lot of the things they do and I definitely don't get my hopes up anymore. Some of you posters crack me up saying how great the team is going to be based on rookies coming in. There is no way to know that. And when it comes down to it Caldwell's team will still likely be the most predictable play it safe team in the league. Hoping for a great season but not expecting one.

Reggie Wayne sticking up for Painter has made Painter trust him and look for him more. Has Painter completed passes to anyone else :) (nothing wrong with that)? Good throw to recognize that busted coverage.

Now, the management will go, "now what"? I hope Painter plays into the 3rd quarter to show us a little more, good or bad, for us to get a better feel of what he can do with the other starters.

I live in PA and don't get to watch much preseason Colts games but its on tonight.

My first observation was the Colts defense speed. Yes the corners missed a few tackles but that can be coached to do a better job.

But Tommy Harris, Nevis and Freeney are quick to the QB Rodgers...

The defense is going to be good this year....

Yep, the signing of Collins, whether it was an insurance policy or not, has made Curtis show up better. I just wish he wouldn't stare down his guys but his arm is big, that is for sure.

Way to go, Curtis!!! I was joking the other day on a different Colts message board. What will the coaches and management do if Curtis comes out and throws 2 TDs, they will go "now what"?

Its still not good enough.

10/20. But it is seemingly improvement.

He made some good decisions in that last drive before the half.

I'd rather see incompletions than interceptions. I hope he plays more in 3rd qtr.

If Vin makes that FG, its 17 - 10.

I'm a little surprised by that.

And without Manning, Collie, Brackett, bethea, Gonzo.

Not too shabby.

Its still not good enough.

10/20. But it is seemingly improvement.

He made some good decisions in that last drive before the half.

I'd rather see incompletions than interceptions. I hope he plays more in 3rd qtr.

If Vin makes that FG, its 17 - 10.

I'm a little surprised by that.

And without Manning, Collie, Brackett, bethea, Gonzo.

Not too shabby.

You know what, Angerer played MLB in college and felt natural playing that today.