Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster: Two Number 68s on the roster! Need my Forum Friend's help!

BrentMc11

I was watching Andrew Luck's debut this morning, and I found myself looking at other players. On the sideline I saw number 68. I wondered aloud who the 'big fella' was. Was it Eric Foster?

Since I obviously had too much time on my hands I went to examine the Colt's roster and found two number 68s: Rookies James Aino (DE) and Jason Foster .(OL/tackle)

Now I know Eric Foster went down with a horrific injury, but I reviewed the roster and transactions and have not seen his release or retirement.....and know he was a free agent.

While he may have not fit the 3-4 of the "new monster,' I loved his non-stop motor and infectious enthusiasm. Tell me what your thoughts are on Eric Foster, and if you know what happened to him. I must not have looked in the right place. GO COLTS!

There are lots of duplicate numbers.

Yep. It's nothing unusual for a team to have several duplicate numbers on the team even during preseason games.

...and yes, I really liked the impact foster was making before his injury. He had great push and a strong motor. I hope he sticks around but I'm not sure if he fits the new 3-4.

Foster is a FA and I think its pretty clear the Colts have no intentions of bringing him back. I highly doubt they would have assigned his number to 2 other players if they did have intentions of bringing him back.

Yep. It's nothing unusual for a team to have several duplicate numbers on the team even during preseason games.

...and yes, I really liked the impact foster was making before his injury. He had great push and a strong motor. I hope he sticks around but I'm not sure if he fits the new 3-4.

I totally agree with your assessment!! I think our Colts need name tags like Pee Wee camp!

There are lots of duplicate numbers.

When I clicked on my notifications it said "Nobody replied...." I still love that name...I chuckle everytime I see it. I just noticed the 68 and wondered....I knew the 68 was not Foster....Eric that is....not Jason. :)

I totally agree with your assessment!! I think our Colts need name tags like Pee Wee camp!

I agree. I was looking through the pics of mini camp and rookie mini camp and had to keep looking up who was who on the roster. a lot of new faces this yr..

Maybe at DE on passing downs?

Me too.

Goal line stand vs. Pittsburgh... great stuff

That, unfortunately was Foster's 15 minutes of fame in the NFL. He is an undersized player who was easily and often blocked on running plays and he wasn't a pass rusher of any note. To me he was a symbol of the problems with the Colts under the old regime - small, undersized and underpowered and just could not stand up consistently to NFL caliber talent. I support moving on from him and the other released players. Time for a new era in Colts football.

That, unfortunately was Foster's 15 minutes of fame in the NFL. He is an undersized player who was easily and often blocked on running plays and he wasn't a pass rusher of any note. To me he was a symbol of the problems with the Colts under the old regime - small, undersized and underpowered and just could not stand up consistently to NFL caliber talent. I support moving on from him and the other released players. Time for a new era in Colts football.

I have to agree...undrafted and undersized. You just always saw a smile on his face, and gave 100% anytime he was on the field. Always motivated. If we get that enthusiasm from the "New Era players " we will be Lucky!!

You got that right,think Pagano can motivate tho ,or they may be gone,i cant see him putting up with less than 100%,Foster healthy could make this team

Insert Jerry Hughes....wanting Pagano to lead him....get his career on track. If not he is done.....