Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck at camp

HtownColt

+100000000 respect points to Luck if he does that to Cushing

haha not a chance. If he tries that on Cushing this year his career will be over before it began. I can't wait to see his face when he sees Cushing Watt, Whitney "Merciless" Mercilus, and Brooks Reed, and Barwin, coming at him. He may as well lay down and take the sack rather than have his career ended.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dwight-freeney-focused-despite-uncertain-future-with-indianapolis-colts-050212

“It’s, obviously, very tough to fill in all the things that Peyton did,” Freeney said. “We all know the on-the-field, but there was a lot of leadership stuff off the field. Just making sure everybody was on the same page and being a presence in the offseason to make sure you’re around and the younger guys see that you’re working hard and it’s OK to do that.

“Those are the intangibles that people don’t know that Peyton was great at. Those were some of the things we loved him for. Obviously, with him leaving, it creates that void. It’s really going to take all of us (veterans) to fill that void and try to groom these young guys so they understand what Colt ball is all about.”

So is Dwight feeling the need to lie at this point?

haha not a chance. If he tries that on Cushing this year his career will be over before it began. I can't wait to see his face when he sees Cushing Watt, Whitney "Merciless" Mercilus, and Brooks Reed, and Barwin, coming at him. He may as well lay down and take the sack rather than have his career ended.

Yeah, Cushing is too roided up

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, May 6, 2012 - inciting
Hidden by Coltssouth, May 6, 2012 - inciting

Manning needs to get a life and move on, go learn the broncos playbook already and leave our team alone. You had you choice to play here and left. SO leave.

GO Luck!

and TY the baller!

Whooooooooooo!

How can you be so sure about it when you weren't one of those players? Players are told to be positive, which masks their true behaviors.

From watching him at TC practices and seeing how he interacts with the rookies and new players. And yes, also by what the people say who have worked with him.
I don't see what's naive about it. If Manning is willing to yell/lecture his teammates on live television then why would he not do it during practice? The guy was even visibly upset at Caldwell's timeout, and once he even waved off Tony Dungy and the special teams on a 4th down. That's how much influence Manning had over that team. It's not unrealistic to think he would translate those aggressive behaviors into practice.

I'm not trying to knock Manning. I love the fact he's aggressive, but to say he was constantly calm, soothing, etc. is just simply not true. He knew that to get the most out of his players, he would sometimes have to step up his attitude.

I normally don't question if someone ever played the game of football because when it comes to being a fan or even understanding the game it doesn't really matter if you played or not. Heck Todd Haley was a golfer and now he's a former HC and current OC. But a comment like this would indicate that you never played the game. Practice is where you work on things to perfect them for the games. Like my coach used to say practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. He said you have to practice something 100 times before it's perfect and then you have to practice it perfectly 1000 times. So practice is not place for that. But after going through all of that and then to have a mistake happen in the game, yet that is frustrating. And everything that has been mentioned about Manning is that in practice he is extremely critical of himself but more of a teacher/mentor to the other players. Lastly, people knock Caldwell and Dungy because they did not show emotion and now many of those same people try to knock Manning because he did show emotion during a game and he wasn't calming. Give me a break.

But hey, people will believe what they want, even when there is no indication that what they believe ever happened.

None as NEAR intimidating as Mario Williams fortunately.

I'm not getting into the Manning/Luck debate because it's quite frankly silly.

What I do find promising is that our ROOKIE quarterback is already making people around him feel comfortable with the new system he's almost certainly still in the process of learning himself.

That's what you want to hear.

I actually played against Andrew Luck in high school in houston in 08'..Hated him at the time because he was that good and i played defensive end. He murdered us that day he ran for 113yrds and threw for 264yrds still remember it like it was yesterday 45-21 now i love the guy lol

Also, I don't know why people keep spinning it into Manning vs Luck. Nowhere is it written that these guys have to be competing against each other (unless the Colts play the Broncos). I'd love to see some Manning and Luck charity collaboration along with each guy doing their own thing to keep helping out the city.

Why make it Manning vs Luck when it can be Manning and Luck? Andrew adding to Colts tradition doesn't mean anything gets taken away from what Peyton did. And, there's plenty of room even with everything Manning's done for Andrew to achieve a great career himself. There's no reason not to be fans of both guys or to try to tear one down to build up the other.

Peppers has been accused of juicing? I've never heard of any of those accusations before

I think there was one thing that popped up a few years ago.

http://sportsillustr...29759/index.htm

Living in Charlotte, there was a big article about how he takes bottle drinks into restaurants because he won't take the chance on someone spiking his drink with anything, but they could easily slip the same substances in the food.

If I recall correctly he claimed it was some form of over-the-counter dietary supplment that caused his suspension.