Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand

CCH

Schiano is a class act and this does not surprise me at all.

There is a pizza place right off campus called Skinny Vinny's pizza (great huge slices) and Schiano came in one time and a lot of students hang out there and he was in there for about 45 minutes just talking to folks and he paid for eveyone's check in there. They have about 6 tables. Great guy.

Schiano is a class act and this does not surprise me at all.

There is a pizza place right off campus called Skinny Vinny's pizza (great huge slices) and Schiano came in one time and a lot of students hang out there and he was in there for about 45 minutes just talking to folks and he paid for eveyone's check in there. They have about 6 tables. Great guy.

I preferred "Stuff yer Face" myself. : haha: Don't recall ever seeing any celebrities there. Probably watching my stromboli too closely.

Wonderful story. The NYT has some other details that people might appreciate. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/sports/in-poignant-gesture-buccaneers-sign-paralyzed-player.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=sports

IE: "He said that the team would be mailing him a No. 52 jersey, a Tampa Bay helmet and a contract by the end of the week."

"He was happy to note that his name would be added to a wall in Rutgers’s Hale Center football facility, where former players who reached the N.F.L. are listed."

Personally I've been wondering if Shiano was going to take a look at Gary Bracket. I didn't see this coming - very cool.

Thanks for sharing. With all the disturbing news in the NFL community lately, it was really nice to read such an inspirational story. Does the :heart: good to know there are truly good decent people around.