Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Draft Preview

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon Jenkins for rush linebacker. Not so sure about 'honeybagger', tho. I've noticed that he's popular on these boards, but there's been talk that he's a tweener (not fluid enough for corner, not big enough for free safety). Excellent returner, tho.

Devin Taylor, Brandon Jenkins, Johnathan Massaquoi, Xavier Rhodes, Montee Ball, Marcus Lattimore, Id love to get any of those, doesnt look like a deep running back class most of them came out this year

Yeah my favorites for next year are Jarvis Jones, David Amerson, Manti Te'o, TJ McDonald, Ray Ray Armstrong, Kenny Vaccaro(Texas), DeVonte Holloman, Shayne Skov, Arthur Brown, Kevin Reddick, Star Lotulelei, Jesse Williams, Alex Okafor(Texas), Devin Taylor, Johnathan Banks, Johnny Adams, Micah Hyde, Desmond Trufant

Alright this is more of a best players list

Can't believe I forgot Jackson Jeffcoat he is at the top of my wants for the Colts

I want Jarvis Jones because I think Pagano will make him the next Terrell Suggs and I'd be willing to bet that this is Freeney's last year as a Colt.

Look at this 2013 mock draft on Walterfootball: http://www.walterfoo...m/draft2013.php

I do think that the Colts could trade down and get a playmaker still. Jarvis Jones might be a top 10 pick, may not be a top 5 pick and I am willing to take the chance that if we move down from a No.4 or No.5 spot to a No.8 or No.9 for a team wanting to get their QB, we will still get our hands on a playmaking CB or OLB/DE. I still do not think we get another NT in the first 2 rounds next year till we see how Josh Chapman and Chigbo Anunoby come along.

Our first 2 rounds next year will be two of these 3 positions - OLB/DE, CB, WR

Matthieu will not make a good NFL player. He's undersized, not a good cover corner and won't be able to go for the strip instead of the tackle on every play.

An OLD to keep an eye on that will most likely end up in the first round is Dion Jordan from Oregon. He's 6'7 240 lbs and runs a sub 4.5 40. He was recruited as a WR, moved to tight end and eventually ended up on defense. 6 sacks in his final 7 games last year and has been unblockable this spring.

Look at this 2013 mock draft on Walterfootball: http://www.walterfoo...m/draft2013.php

I do think that the Colts could trade down and get a playmaker still. Jarvis Jones might be a top 10 pick, may not be a top 5 pick and I am willing to take the chance that if we move down from a No.4 or No.5 spot to a No.8 or No.9 for a team wanting to get their QB, we will still get our hands on a playmaking CB or OLB/DE. I still do not think we get another NT in the first 2 rounds next year till we see how Josh Chapman and Chigbo Anunoby come along.

It's a little too early to be making mocks, and I think Jarvis Jones is a better player than Sam Montgomery who went #2 overall in that mock. Jones will definitely be a top 10 pick next year, and I'm not even sure we'll be in position to draft him if we surprise some people.

BTW, I think next year's draft will be almost the exact opposite of this one. It will be a defensive heavy draft of players Pagano likes.

Jackson Jefferson, Xavier Rhodes, Robert Woods, Dee Milliner. These would be my Top-4 picks for the Colts in the 1st Rd next year. Whichever one is available.

2014.... Free Agency .... Darelle Revis. I know he keeps griping about his contract, but he'll still be worth it.

Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Robert Woods, Barrett Jones, Barkevious Mingo...

If we are in the 10-15 range, Star Lotulelei might end up making a lot of sense for us. But then, a project NT like Anunoby and a rehabbing NT like Josh Chapman are going to need more than this year for us to find out if we need another NT. But if Star is the best value on Grigson's board, I am not going to complain. :)

Check out Demarcus Milliner from Bama. In the shadow of some great DBs there for awhile. Big and runs a 4.3 40.

Menzie, who went to the chiefs this year, was the starter over Milliner but was hurt to start 2010. So Milliner was one of very few to start for Bama as a freshman. He played a ton that year and even with a healthy Menzie in 11' they switched out a lot of drives and when in nickel (prob 60+ % of the time) Menzie went to the inside and Milliner was the outside guy.

Great tackler, really good in coverage. Gonna be a good one.

Devin Taylor, Brandon Jenkins, Johnathan Massaquoi, Xavier Rhodes, Montee Ball, Marcus Lattimore, Id love to get any of those, doesnt look like a deep running back class most of them came out this year

*coughJonathanMassaquoiwasdraftedbyAtlantainthe5throundofthisyear'sdraftcough* :)

http://www.washingto...T0nT_story.html

I really like the other guys you mentioned though. Brandon Jenkins has an incredible first step. He was off the ball so quick I thought he was going to get called offsides on every down but remarkably I didn't see him penalized for it once in the couple of FSU games I watched this past year.

I'm sure it was part of the FOs plan to defense up next year since its a 2 year process.

after Jones I'd like to see Montee Ball get drafted by us as well.

If we were smart we'd tank this year for the #1 pick and trade it to a team that needs a QB and then D up big time.

• 2 weeks later...

I woudlnt rule out Safety yet

why are we wanting to draft a safety when we have Bethea and Zbikowski, we need a Corner thats a #1 and a outside linebacker, we probably need a running back and Guard to, safety shouldnt be top priority by a long shot

why are we wanting to draft a safety when we have Bethea and Zbikowski, we need a Corner thats a #1 and a outside linebacker, we probably need a running back and Guard to, safety shouldnt be top priority by a long shot

Zbikowski wasn't a starter in Baltimore, so this holds as much water as people saying that McKinney can start at NT so we don't need to draft that either. There's nothing wrong with competition or depth. Having 4 great safeties is an awesome problem to have. CB is a need as well, but both CB and SS feature "backup" players. So I don't see how one is greater than the other for need.

Depending if Freeney is here or not, I agree with OLB, definitely a RB if Ballard or Carter don't step up this year and of course you can't have enough O-line although I feel pretty good about ours as it is. I'm looking at WR, DE, CB, SS next year in the first. Any of those would make me pretty happy.