Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins release WR Jabar Gaffney

austriancolt

According to rotoworld.com Washington Redskins release WR Jabar Gaffner after several failed attempts to work out a trade.

2011 was his best season so far. He is 6'2 and would be a nice veteran additon to our wr group. I hope the Colts take a look on him.

According to rotoworld.com Washington Redskins release WR Jabar Gaffner after several failed attempts to work out a trade.

2011 was his best season so far. He is 6'2 and would be a nice veteran additon to our wr group. I hope the Colts take a look on him.

please NO! character issues, cussed fans out fans on twitter, constantly under performed! i dont want hilton, fleener, allen, brazill learning from that guy

please NO! character issues, cussed fans out fans on twitter, constantly under performed! i dont want hilton, fleener, allen, brazill learning from that guy

Sounds like he has character issues and we don't need that at all. We need to see what we have just signed before adding anyone else in my opinion for what it's worth.

We don't need an average wide receiver to take the spot of a promising youngster at this point. We have two good receivers, one that has been injured, and two rookies. That's plenty for a team that is more or less starting over.

The Twitter thing was... interesting. Aside from that, though, the man wasn't a trouble-maker and no other, obvious character issues were to be seen from him during his brief stay here. He also performed exactly to the level we had hoped he would and even impressed at times.

He wasn't young or productive enough for me to miss him but he was a fine option at receiver in 2011. Don't think the Colts really need him, though, unless someone gets hurt.

I loved Jabar Gaffney when he was a Patriot. He was a fantastic #3 WR.

And now the Patriots have signed him for 2 years. Very happy to see it. He was the best WR on the Redskins last year, and now he'll be the #3/#4 WR on the Patriots, which puts him behind Lloyd, Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez in terms of guys Brady targets.