WRSP, 1, Pierre Garcon,

WRSL, 2, Austin Collie, Blair White

TE, 3, Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Brody Eldridge

LT, 2, Anthony Castonzo, Jeff Linkenbach

LG, 2, Jacques McClendon, Joe Reitz

C, 1, Jeff Saturday,

RG, 1, Mike Pollak,

RT, 2, Ben Ijalana, Ryan Diem

I can see these 22 players making the team. Anything can happen. Some of these players could end up on PUP and not even count against the 53 man roster for a few weeks (which is what we are used to). Let’s hope that is not the case this year, however Eldridge could be someone in that situation already, which would temporarily free up another spot. I think we will keep the third quarterback this year, at least at the beginning of the season, but we haven’t in the past so who knows? I also have Ijalana, Castonzo, Simms, and Harris starting so let’s not split hairs here. I think at some point in the season this will be the starting lineup so I am just pushing them into the spots they will likely be anyway.

LE, 2, Robert Mathis, Jamaal Anderson

LT, 3, Tommie Harris, Drake Nevis, Fili Moala

RT, 2, Antonio Johnson, Eric Foster

RE, 2, Dwight Freeney, Jerry Hughes

SLB, 2, Pat Angerer, Philip Wheeler

MLB, 1, Gary Brackett

WLB, 2, Ernie Sims, Kavell Conner

LCB, 3, Jacob Lacey, Kevin Thomas Chris Rucker

RCB, 2, Jerraud Powers, Justin Tryon

SS, 2, Melvin Bullitt, Joe Lefeged

FS, 1, Antoine Bethea

I also have 22 likely locks on the defense. Again, as stated above things can happen. Let’s cross our fingers that they don’t. I think Moala will end up being a NT/NG because he is just not fast enough to hang with Harris and Nevis at UT.

P, 1, Pat McAfee

PK, 1, Adam Vinatieri

LS, 1, Justin Snow

I think most people will agree with me on the top 47 players. On paper they look like they will all make the team. But that only leaves 6 spots so this will be my enjoyment of the preseason - Watching the players who I believe are “On The Bubble”:

RB, Javarris James, Chad Spann, Devin Moore

WR, Taj Smith, Larrone Moore, Joe Horn, Chris Brooks, Kole Heckendorf, David Gilreath

TE, Mike McNeil, Tyson DeVree

OL, Jamey Richard ,Michael Toudouze, Kyle DeVan, Jaimie Thomas, Jake Kirkpatrick, Casey Bender, James Williams, Mike Tepper

DE, John Chick, David Bedford

DT, DeMario Pressley, Ricardo Mathews, Ollie Ogbu, John Gill

LB, Nate Triplett, Cody Glenn, Adrian Moten, Kerry Neal, Chris Colasanti

CB, Cornelius Brown, Brandon King, Terrence Johnson

S, Al Afalava, Mike Newton, David Caldwell, Chip Vaughn

I would expect for us to pay attention to the offensive line because we have added youth. A team might normally only carry 8 offensive linemen. We might carry 10 to start off. One of those safeties are going to make the team and that will be fun to watch. I think out of all of the defensive linemen it is very likely that only one makes the final 53, if any at all. I like Triplett’s chances because he has the experience with us – same for Cody Glenn. One of the tight ends have a shot if Eldridge stays injured or this could be an area where Polian brings in someone who was cut from another team to fill the role. James is probably going to make the team, but it is certainly not a lock. The way I see it, barring injury only six of these bubble players will have a shot and I am betting that we will sign a few who were cut from other teams and add them to the final 53 so in reality probably only 4 of these guys will make it.

Just my take. What says you?

Well done! I think you're spot on (barring preseason injuries, of course). Those final 6 spots are going to be very interesting. Probably ST play makes the difference.

My guess at the 6 - Mathews, Taj, Moore, Chick, Brown, and Vaughn (and I'm probably wrong on all of them) Kirkpatrick and Chick are two guys I'd like to see make it at least to the PS.

I've heard nothing but good things about Kirkpatrick, but I feel he will be practice squad material this year unless Saturday gets injured. I also think Gilreath will be practice squad unless he plays lights out in the pre-season. I feel RB will be a greater need than WR and Moore is a RB and Gilreath is a receiver. That might be the deciding factor in our return man this year. I'm pretty sure DeVan will make the roster, simply because I don't feel Polian would have re-signed him to a 1 year deal to be on the practice squad. I'm also pretty sure Afalava will make the team. I'm not sure about the rest though. We will have to wait and see how everyone plays in pre-season.