Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I just do not know?

ace_6900

i like LUCK.Fleener, especially Chapman but the rest of the draft confuses me. We could have had Denard, Streeter, Minnefield and burfict I also like T Y he would have looked really good by Streeter. All i cn think of is thios might5 be a 2 year project next year our first pick must be Robert Woods then all defense.

i like LUCK.Fleener, especially Chapman but the rest of the draft confuses me. We could have had Denard, Streeter, Minnefield and burfict I also like T Y he would have looked really good by Streeter. All i cn think of is thios might5 be a 2 year project next year our first pick must be Robert Woods then all defense.

We all had our own designs on who the team should take.... but the team had a strategy and it looks like they executed it well, IMO. And you're right.... its a 2-year project.

One note.... I don't think I've ever heard a more negative range of comments about a college player's character than I heard about Vontaze Burfict. The kid sounds like pure poison to a locker room and I'm glad we didn't touch him.

We all had our own designs on who the team should take.... but the team had a strategy and it looks like they executed it well, IMO. And you're right.... its a 2-year project.

One note.... I don't think I've ever heard a more negative range of comments about a college player's character than I heard about Vontaze Burfict. The kid sounds like pure poison to a locker room and I'm glad we didn't touch him.

i actually live in Phoenix i know all about Burfict my bosses sister knows his g/f they go to school together. He is killing himself for messing up like this and all he wants is a second chance. He has talent and i believe this woke him up besiders that we had 3 7th round picks even if he was a bust what would we have lost?

i actually live in Phoenix i know all about Burfict my bosses sister knows his g/f they go to school together. He is killing himself for messing up like this and all he wants is a second chance. He has talent and i believe this woke him up besiders that we had 3 7th round picks even if he was a bust what would we have lost?

I agree. Instead of Harnish, we should have taken a chance on Burfict. It's not like Harnish has added so much to the team as a back up, who hopefully will not play because of Luck's durability. Burfict could have added a lot of talent, if the vets on our squad kept him in check. If not, he can always get cut.

it is a 2 year project.

after 4 years we'll see if it works.

In order of excitement.

1. peyton coming back with lets say Trent Richardson in teh backfield

2. Us drafting over 2 years but had gotten some defense, like Upshaw or Claiborne

3. Us drafting over 2 years but building around a running game by drafting soeone like Glenn and Lamar Miller

4. This.

I would have to assume that the strategy is to go fairly young and draft Offense while spending FA dollars on the def. Given we will have big money next year, I am excited to see what we sign and who we draft next year. Years 2 and 3 should be very exciting.

I disagree, because i think we will have a top 5 or top 10 pick and if thats the case they should trade up and get Mathieu the corner back from LSU. thats who i believe in my opinion the colts should go after next year. this year the colts need to sign Owusu to a small contract see how he does and if he performs well and his body holds up get him a bigger contract next season

I cant believe Chapman fell down that far. i was thinking he would be gone either right before or right after the DT from washington. speaking of that guy, cant believe the skins drafted him then traded him to pittsburgh. they could use that big up the middle in their 3-4 defense.

all i can say that I hope we draft mostly defense next year. I also hope we are like 20th pick in 1st round. I am not here to go through another year to get a 1st pick again. Enough is enough. Time to win NOW!!!

The answer will be somewhere in the middle, I would settle for 10th pick in the draft!!! If we have 3 QBs that are top 10 material, I would actually like to be in the 4-6 range to have a chance to gain some picks for the future, like the Rams did this year.

Remember, after Peyton's rookie year, we got Edge at No.4 and we took off. We might get that stud DE/OLB or CB that we covet by trading down and gaining picks. Lots of ways to think long term, IMO.

The answer will be somewhere in the middle, I would settle for 10th pick in the draft!!! If we have 3 QBs that are top 10 material, I would actually like to be in the 4-6 range to have a chance to gain some picks for the future, like the Rams did this year.

Remember, after Peyton's rookie year, we got Edge at No.4 and we took off. We might get that stud DE/OLB or CB that we covet by trading down and gaining picks. Lots of ways to think long term, IMO.

dont any of you want a wr like robert woods? Yes we will have a top 10 pick next year anyone who does not think so is living in fantasy land. T he following year ;Lucks 3rd season we will be back in the playoffs though withn our draftees learning and the money we have in fa to spend.

Dennard has to go to court and might go to jail or probation doubt colts wanted to deal with that..Streeter cant run routes and has spotty hands doubt colts wanted that, Minnifield has knee issues doubt colts wanted to take a chance on that. If you knew the philosophies of our offensive,defensive, and special team coordinators you would understand the picks

We NEED the two wideouts drafted, especially for returns team. It's been far too long since the Colts have had any type of kick returning threat. I'm personally tire of the Colts always starting from their 20 yard line (or worse). Not to mention the added value they bring as deep threats.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, April 29, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by shecolt, April 29, 2012 - personal shot

That's why you're not a GM, and working at McDonalds.

I look at who we drafted and see we did really well. We weren't going to fill every need. I hope we got some undrafted FA's that are going to do good for us. It's still early there are still FA's out there, more guys to be released, I'm sure we are not done making some acquisitions.

More than half the guys you listed have pretty serious off-field problems. The reason why the Colts hardly ever touch guys like this is because the organization's reputation is something Irsay holds to the highest degree. That's why you hardly ever see any Colts players in the news for drug use, DUI's, holdouts, etc. It's not so much that they aren't willing to give guys second chances, it's that there's a higher potential risk both in the locker room and in the press. I think Grigson and Pagano realized that this year's WR class wasn't all that great and decided to shore up on TE's and wait until next year for WR's. I've scoped out a little bit of the 2013 draft class and there are several prospects coming out who are 6'3+ with great skills. Not to get too far ahead of myself, but imagine Robert Woods playing for Luck a year from now...

I look at who we drafted and see we did really well. We weren't going to fill every need. I hope we got some undrafted FA's that are going to do good for us. It's still early there are still FA's out there, more guys to be released, I'm sure we are not done making some acquisitions.

all players we bring in at this point will undoubtedly be backups, we had a real good draft if the plan was to go all offense and two defensive players, not what I would have done but I understand the first three offensive picks, now the quarterback taken with the last pick was a waste when their was still talent to be had, we better load up on defense though every bit as much as we loaded up on offense this year, we past on so much talent on defense

More than half the guys you listed have pretty serious off-field problems. The reason why the Colts hardly ever touch guys like this is because the organization's reputation is something Irsay holds to the highest degree. That's why you hardly ever see any Colts players in the news for drug use, DUI's, holdouts, etc. It's not so much that they aren't willing to give guys second chances, it's that there's a higher potential risk both in the locker room and in the press. I think Grigson and Pagano realized that this year's WR class wasn't all that great and decided to shore up on TE's and wait until next year for WR's. I've scoped out a little bit of the 2013 draft class and there are several prospects coming out who are 6'3+ with great skills. Not to get too far ahead of myself, but imagine Robert Woods playing for Luck a year from now...

we are gonna need linebackers next year Freeny will likely be gone if and when he probably dont work out in the 3-4 and next years draft is LOADED with talent in the first and second rounds

we are gonna need linebackers next year Freeny will likely be gone if and when he probably dont work out in the 3-4 and next years draft is LOADED with talent in the first and second rounds

It all depends on how Freeney plays in the new system, Pagano has already said he'll play a Terrell Suggs-type role which means he'll be pass rushing more than 80% of the time. So I wouldn't rule Freeney out just yet. The only thing they would really need is more depth and maybe a bigger ILB next to Angerer. Then again Kavell Conner could pan out great as a 3-4 ILB, who knows. If Freeney is gone though, I expect Mathis to become the new Terrell Suggs-type OLB and for the Colts to pursue one of the top FA LB's next year such as Shaun Phillips if he becomes available on the open market.

Again I don't like looking too far ahead, and we won't know who the best value picks are until this time next year, but I anticipate WR or CB to be the highest priority in the first round next year.

I am disappointed we did not get a big,tall #1 type WR to play opposite of Reggie.Even Streeter,who is a major project would have been better than no one. How many small scatback type slot receivers do we have now? I think Avery & Hill would have been enough, we did not need to add anymore.

I think they are hoping Fugger can be ready to step in next year as DE/OLB. I was not familiar with him when he was drafted, but after reading it sounds like he was just starting to move up the draft boards before the draft and is actually a decent de/olb prospect.

I see in this draft a try to create the best possible ecosystem for luck as soon as possible and a try to really improve special teams game.

We have some players at defense who will have the chance to show their performance under new coaching and system. Our offense was a piece of land.

I don't like the small receivers either. I know we have Fleener and Allen as big targets but than there is a huge gap and a guy like Marvin McNutt in the late round would have been nice. To bad we couldn't sign a guy like Dale Moss or Derek Moye as udfa. But at least we have something to work with.

I think the easiest way to transition to a rookie qb is to have a stout D so the QB just has to manage the game (like Steelers did with Rothlisberger). with that being said with this team, that wasn't going to happen. I think we could be looking at some shoot outs like Carolina and Cam had this past season. should be exciting though!

I am disappointed we did not get a big,tall #1 type WR to play opposite of Reggie.Even Streeter,who is a major project would have been better than no one. How many small scatback type slot receivers do we have now? I think Avery & Hill would have been enough, we did not need to add anymore.

Minus TY signing I think the gamble is worth the pick even if he didnt play in the slot,our ST sure could use him.

i am with you there were several availabe we got two more wrs like avery

speaking of Edge. Why don't we draft a stud HB in the first round next year?

All our RB's are lame. They are so bad lol.