Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

THANK YOU from the fans!

ruksak

A shout out to the Colts front office; Mr Irsay, Mr Grigson, Mr Pagano and all the boys in the war room for giving us something to really look forward to this year after a troubling time for all of us.

The only thing that matters when you fall down is that you get back up.

Thank you.... sincerely, Colts Nation

Nice post! I think they had a fantastic draft! They got:

- Our franchise QB for many many years

- 2 very good tight ends, one of which he's very familiar with

- A nice fast slotback receiver who is a great returner

- A NT that could either start or share reps with McKinney

- A RB that could become an eventual starter

- An underrated receiver

- A OT that provides depth

- A depth QB

They eliminated 4 out of the top 5 needs on the Colts.

I am fine with the draft. I would give it a rank of a B/B+. We did fill some holes and I think we have some future stars for our team.

Still didn't address the DB issues I still think we might have, but maybe they have a plan for it.

Im actually most excited with what Chapman could become if his injury heals all the way. With Luck we know what were getting. Also I think Hilton could become a Desean Jackson type player hopefully without the ego. Brazill is verry underrated imo. Looks great on tape. Imo Ballard was a dumb pick. Also Harnish. And I dont know much about the tackle we took.

and who could forget our two new TEs? Andrew's gotta love that

I disagree. I'm relatively disappointed with this draft. They could still turn it around by bringing in some quality UDFA's but overall at this point I'm not thrilled.

I agree with Jason. Not really thrilled with this draft. We left a lot of talent out there and didn't address as many needs as I would've liked.

I disagree. I'm relatively disappointed with this draft. They could still turn it around by bringing in some quality UDFA's but overall at this point I'm not thrilled.

I appreciate your opinion but respectfully, I'd like to keep the negative nancys in the other 345 threads.

A shout out to the Colts front office; Mr Irsay, Mr Grigson, Mr Pagano and all the boys in the war room for giving us something to really look forward to this year after a troubling time for all of us.

The only thing that matters when you fall down is that you get back up.

Thank you.... sincerely, Colts Nation

Did you just represent Colts Nation in one fell swoop? Talk about game balls......

I appreciate your opinion but respectfully, I'd like to keep the negative nancys in the other 345 threads.

I appreciate your optimism, but respectively, I'll post my opinion where I want, especially in a thread that is from "the fans" of which I am one. If you don't want to deal with people who have an opposing view, then don't post. You should know that by now. :P

I appreciate your optimism, but respectively, I'll post my opinion where I want, especially in a thread that is from "the fans" of which I am one.

I really didn't mean it that way. Of course you are free to post without restriction. I suppose there is no safe haven for positivity in an appreciation thread.

The idea was for those members of Colts Nation whom agree, to post accordingly. Those whom don't agree are simply asked kindly to post their grievances elsewhere, or perhaps, conversely post their own thread which may more appropriately reflect their personal feelings.

That was all I intended with this thread. Nothing cocky or arrogant...just a sincere "thank you".

I honestly think that if the Colts would have used one of those picks on a good CB, our draft grade could be an A as we addressed every need (except CB)

As fans, we have to understand that there must be a reason for this. Grigson wasn't playing a Sunday game of Madden franchise mode, he knows the consequence. As I eluded to yesterday, I can only assume that the evaluation of current roster talent was quite positive in regard to DB's. Maybe not as our DB foundation for the future, but at least for the 2012 season.

I would also venture a guess that the DB's available weren't graded on our board as worthy of a pick. I know people keep dropping names of DB's they seemingly demanded be picked, but we hear this every year. We also see players with mid-round projection and decent pre-draft grades have a 3 year careers with a total of 2 starts. Perhaps Grigson sought to avoid this, push through with the guys we have (UDFA supplement as well) and address these positions properly next year, with high-end picks.

Just my 2cents

Whether I agreed with every pick or not...I appreciate the effort made to try to return this team to relevance. Woulda liked to have had more D but alas Rome wasn't built in a day. Still a lot of construction remains but we laid down some bricks this week. So thanks.

Whether I agreed with every pick or not...I appreciate the effort made to try to return this team to relevance. Woulda liked to have had more D but alas Rome wasn't built in a day. Still a lot of construction remains but we laid down some bricks this week. So thanks.

I totally agree. I don't expect to win alot this first year under a new regime, but with amount of weapons Luck has and if his protection holds up, we could be a top 15 offense easily. Maybe top 10.

Next years draft is where the fun really begins, not to mention the amount of cap space we will have if we decide to actually grab a young talented FA or two.

I might not have drafted the running back or the quarterback (7th round), probably not Brazille either. Would have used one of those on a corner or a linebacker. Nothing to complain about, obviously the front office knows these guys better than I do. But when it comes to depth and need, we'd have been better off focusing on those spots later in the draft. I can't see Harnish making the final 53.

I might not have drafted the running back or the quarterback (7th round), probably not Brazille either. Would have used one of those on a corner or a linebacker. Nothing to complain about, obviously the front office knows these guys better than I do. But when it comes to depth and need, we'd have been better off focusing on those spots later in the draft. I can't see Harnish making the final 53.

Those 3 were actually the ones I have the biggest problems with. I would have rather seen those 3 picks go to defensive players and then I would have been incredibly happy with this draft.

As much as you'll catch heat for saying this, it would appear the pros @ 56th street agree with you. I do as well.

I could have bought that until I saw that almost 1/3 of the UDFA's they've signed so far have been DB's. :P

So back to the original topic, which I believe was not intended to be yet another discussion about the good and bads of the draft, but to give thanks to the Front office. I dont think it was entitled, what do you all think about the draft this season? Just my 45 cents.

I also want to thank those who have had one heck of an offseason dealing with letting legends go, starting from scratch in both personnel and coaching, and who stuck to what they promised which was to take the best player available.

We had no starting QB, no starting TE, we were thin at WR, and our ST prowess was akin to the ferocity of a titmouse. We addressed those needs with a ferocity. Nicely done....I will stand tall as a fan as we weather through our first season in the new era, and I will support the team with my money as well as my words and thoughts.

Go Colts!

Thank you for the first post. Well summed up.

I am so thankful that we just got on with the job after what was an emotional off-season for us.

I am so thankful that the powers-to-be didn't get caught up in the hoop-la surrounding RGIII (not that I ever thought we were wavering from selecting Andrew Luck).

I am so thankful that I drafted myself to the Indianapolis Colts at the end of the 1994 season when my LA Rams moved to St Louis (I didn't agree with the move then, I don't today). I love this team as much as I love my Lakers, Angels, Kings and USC Trojans. The ride I've had, the fan I've met, the highs and lows I've experienced I wouldn't change for anything (NFL LA team or not).

I am Indianapolis Colts fan for life and I am thankful I found a new home 17 years ago.

Grigson & Pagano drafted players and signed FAs according to plan, and I think they did a great job under given circumstances. They really surprised me, because I thought they would reinforce D besides drafting Luck, but it seems like they are about boosting O, and approving weaponry for Luck.

I hope Pagano has a plan for D too.

Great post Ruk!

A shout out to the Colts front office; Mr Irsay, Mr Grigson, Mr Pagano and all the boys in the war room for giving us something to really look forward to this year after a troubling time for all of us. The only thing that matters when you fall down is that you get back up.Thank you.... sincerely, Colts Nation

Amen.

Which debby downer reply should i go with?

a. was this was worth Peyton Manning not retiring a colt?

b. I'm pretty sure Stanford fans didn't pay as much for tickets to see this team in 2011 as we will pay to see them in 2012.

can't decide

I was just as upset as anyone when they blew up the team. I'm a newer fan (from '05) and it was the ONLY Colts team I ever knew.

I'm not going to gell you to get over it like a lot of people here will do, because I'm still not over it, but I am completely excited again and ready to see what our new quarterback and team can do. We went to the Draft party Friday night and saw our older players mingling with the new and saw them appear happy and excited....so while it's bittersweet, I'm ready to watch my Colts play football.

You don't have to like what happened to get excited for the future. I went from not knowing how I would ever root for the Colts again to becoming a first time season ticket holder (yay me! LOL). I just learned the valuable lesson that NO ONE is unexpendable in the NFL. This time I'm gonna try to not make any one player my personal favorite. Might be easier that way.

I hope you can get excited abou the team again soon!