Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not bad for a bunch of C- players!

NewColtsFan

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Damn proud of the team.  

The players and Steichen gave tremendous effort.  Even Bradley blitzed far more than normal.  Very effective.  

Fans couldn’t ask for more.  

I could really go for a stress free win.   The ticker ain't as young as it used to be.    But it's always a good day with a win over Pittsburgh 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Bradley did blitz more than usual today, but there was a really odd stretch in the 3rd quarter where he just… stopped for a prolonged stretch. Unexpectedly stopped. It was working and we were having success with it and then… poof. The next play they ran one was the Fields TD scramble, and that one may have gotten home had Latu not rushed inside and swung the gate wide open. 

This is one of the main things I’m gonna pay attention to when I watch the all 22 film this week because it felt like a looooong stretch where we just quit blitzing, and I’m perplexed as to why. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

This is one of the main things I’m gonna pay attention to when I watch the all 22 film this week because it felt like a looooong stretch where we just quit blitzing, and I’m perplexed as to why. 

Because the data said to... 

I agree with you, btw. For a team that wants to take away the big play, we sure can't do it when a big play is exactly what the opposing offense needs. 

Bradley’s blitz rate has been up all season compared to last year. It did seem like he backed off on it during the 2nd half. I also thought the effort was great. Too bad Land had that sack taken away on a brutal call. Things evened out on the ridiculous call on the Steelers DB when Mitchell gave the alligator arms attempt. Considering some of the guys they were dressing on defense it was a good job. I hope Paye and Moore are back. Even with their struggles, Jags are a better offense than the Bears and Steelers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Damn proud of the team.  

The players and Steichen gave tremendous effort.  Even Bradley blitzed far more than normal.  Very effective.  

Spot on...the NFL is built in parody. A win is a win despite who or how you play . I'm going to enjoy this win...others will complain. ( The ones complaining, are the ones that predicted the Colts would lose)

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Damn proud of the team.  

Ballard has built depth and still has 25 mil in cap space...hard for average fans to grasp