Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Superman said:

When he came back on the field after halftime, he had a noticeable limp. I don't think he would have been able to finish even if they had tried. JMO. 

He was very engaged over there for the rest of the game. Talking to Steichen, going over pictures with Flacco, he came over and talked to Gay after the FG miss... It sucks he got hurt, he was having a good game. But it seemed like he handled it well. Hopefully the week goes well for him, because I don't think the offense will work with Flacco. 

What do you mean?   Didn't you see Joe scamper on that 5 yard dash.   That would have been 2 minute 40 if he could have kept going

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Just tell me, based on the first two drives, what didn't you like about the RPO with AR? You seem to think 40 year old QBs are the future of the NFL....Ill roll the dice the 22 year old ultra talented guy.

AR did great but that was a small sampling. Flacco isn’t the future but I’m not so sure AR is either. I need to see more. I think the jury is still out. Hey I’m rooting for the guy….i hate to see the Colts waste a season or two just to find out he isn’t the guy.

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

AR did great but that was a small sampling. Flacco isn’t the future but I’m not so sure AR is either. I need to see more. I think the jury is still out. Hey I’m rooting for the guy….i hate to see the Colts waste a season or two just to find out he isn’t the guy.

He is the guy for at least 2 more seasons after this one

• Like 1

Sounds like Taylor will be ok.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

How about giving him the flowers when due.

I'm totally fine with AR as long as he continues to build on this game going forward. He made accurate throws outside of one and drove the ball into the Red zone. He showed he could make improvements.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

When he came back on the field after halftime, he had a noticeable limp. I don't think he would have been able to finish even if they had tried. JMO. 

He was very engaged over there for the rest of the game. Talking to Steichen, going over pictures with Flacco, he came over and talked to Gay after the FG miss... It sucks he got hurt, he was having a good game. But it seemed like he handled it well. Hopefully the week goes well for him, because I don't think the offense will work with Flacco. 

Ahhh, didn’t see that.  Well guess he was legit hurt and not just banged up.  Idk what it is, I see qbs like Lamar and Jayden and they seem to be more sturdy than the AR and they’re like 50-60 lbs lighter

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

AR as big as he is means nothing if he is more likely to be injured by everyday hits. The toughest boxer alive can't compete if he can't take a punch.

Oh well..he looked great ...the RPO looked great with him and Taylor looked great ....AR will be back next week and you can complain after another win. I know you're disappointed with the win. Enjoy your week 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s funny too is today was actually a good day for Chris Ballard. Seeing all the depth players play like that was impressive.

Coming from a person who said just last week she 'hated' Ballard. Depth was impressive today and the D was very aggressive the first half. Great win. Wish AR was able to play the game after a great start but Flacco was impressive. A real veteran and great backup for us. 

Glad you can say that Cloe. With all our injuries we certainly need the depth. New turf hasn't seemed to helpas we were hoping it would.

34 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is much better than that description.    He was money on third down today.   AR isn't is jeopardy of losing his job though

Not saying Flacco wasn't good. He kept us in the game, but in no way should he ever be starting over AR

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, #12. said:

Coming off the bench on a new team?  I'm not for starting him, but Flacco was pretty damn good.  I'm surprised no one is really talking about it.

You're not game planning for Flacco so everything changed on the fly. Backups have come into the game and have had success. We've even been the victims of exactly that. Two words Billy Volek

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Oh well..he looked great ...the RPO looked great with him and Taylor looked great ....AR will be back next week and you can complain after another win. I know you're disappointed with the win. Enjoy your week 

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head correct on every point. How did you find out about the truth? I'm the one that persuaded Luck to quit despite his objections. You abuse the term "great".

36 minutes ago, Superman said:

He definitely threw that first TD, but he came in the game when the offense had already moved into scoring range. 

So since the offense was already down the field Flacco doesn’t get credit for producing the TD then?

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head correct on every point. How did you find out about the truth? I'm the one that persuaded Luck to quit despite his objections. You abuse the term "great".

Enjoy the win ..I know you're disappointed.

14 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Coming from a person who said just last week she 'hated' Ballard. Depth was impressive today and the D was very aggressive the first half. Great win. Wish AR was able to play the game after a great start but Flacco was impressive. A real veteran and great backup for us. 

Glad you can say that Cloe. With all our injuries we certainly need the depth. New turf hasn't seemed to helpas we were hoping it would.

That doesn’t mean someone can’t be proven wrong 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Colts might have got their future C he was good tonight.

I should have been more understanding about him playing knowing he is a Wisconsin guy. Wisconsin always produces great RB and Oline.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Tight Ends have been so non existent I pretty much forgot who Ogletree was when he caught the ball.

They have been kicking but blocking though.

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You're not game planning for Flacco so everything changed on the fly. Backups have come into the game and have had success. We've even been the victims of exactly that. Two words Billy Volek

Flacco isn't a journeyman backup.   He has a Ring.  He took the browns to the playoffs last year.   He is very capable of winning games,  but AR is the future 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Flacco isn't a journeyman backup.   He has a Ring.  He took the browns to the playoffs last year.   He is very capable of winning games,  but AR is the future 

I'm not saying Flacco is a scrub, but I also don't want him starting. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Although Steichen will never it admit it. I think this was a time in Anthony's career that Steichen believed he had to make a decision and bench him. From all reports, Richardson said he could go back  in. I think Steichen was saying to Richardson " u need to play smarter or we will be looking for another qb next year".  My assessment of Anthony so far is this. He makes the difficult plays look easy and the easy plays look hard.

If taking AR out for good really was a “mutual decision,” as he said, that concerns me. 

43 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

for his size of frame he seems to be not tough enough to take nfl hits

Physical fragile bodies is another one of those things that gets weeded out in college from competition.  Need to play enough games to pass the robustness test before ascending to the next level of football.   

• Like 2

Just now, DougDew said:

Physical fragile bodies is another one of those things that gets weeded out in college from competition.  Need to play enough games to pass the robustness test before ascending to the next level of football.   

Can we stop. It wasn’t serious and if colts weren’t up 17 he probably would of kept playing.