Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

Contrary to public opinion I think Gus did a great job with essentially a patchwork defense against an undefeated team.  Was it perfection no.  But it was good enough to get a win.  Multiple sacks I believe and big plays made at the right time.  The backups did their job and helped get the win .   Who would have thought.  We found out Womack is a player.  Hats off to Ballard for signing Flacco too.  Without him we probably lose.  Enjoy the win.  I am. I will save my complaining for when we lose.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Good win against a GOOD team. Those timely turnovers on downs and the fumble in the first half were the BIG reasons for our cushion that we held on.

Great game plan by Gus Bradley but when push comes to shove, he can go back to his shell.

Too many weak hearted fans amongst Colts fans in the game day thread, blaming everyone and their mother the moment things don’t go their way and the other team starts making plays. You can call the right play and the other team can out execute you, it happens.

Not every game is going to be won by 2 scores, just look around the league week after week. The other guys are Pros on scholarship too (quoting Reggie Wayne :))

How many of us "Gus haters" were ready to fire him at halftime? I saw the "successful" aggression that I have been praying for.

Kudos to Justin Fields for some great slings. And way to go Joe! 

What about Cordelle Patterson? It was like watching a young D Henry. Thank goodness he broke down.

Enjoy this Big Victory my Team. I was as nervous all game as a call girl in church.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

AR was on fire this game. It would not of been this close had he played all game. Taylor would of added a bigger run element.

That's the thing. When has he played a complete game continuing being on fire? Never is the answer. He has shown a good half of football before or after a bad half of football, or before injury, that’s been his history 

He plays 60 minutes, I can educatedly guess based on history he has a pick or two eventually as the goes on.

So unless he gives us 60 minutes over several games with a high level of consistency, the occasional play making will be glossed over, fair or not.

• Like 3

Just now, chad72 said:

That's the thing. When has he played a complete game continuing being on fire? Never is the answer. He has shown a good half of football before or after a bad half of football, or before injury, that’s been his history 

He plays 60 minutes, I can educatedly guess based on history he has a pick or two eventually as the goes on.

So unless he gives us 60 minutes over several games with a high level of consistency, the occasional play making will be glossed over, fair or not.

Maybe the refs can start calling dirty hits so it stops 

Just now, JediXMan said:

Looks like Lewis dislocated his elbow not good.

He came back in but I think he left at the ends again 

34 minutes ago, Solon said:

Taking out Richardson made zero sense. If you were that concerned after the initial injury, give it to Taylor. Matthew Stafford beat us last year with a bad hip and sprained ankle. It was a conservative decision that permeated throughout the remainder of the game. If he can play, he should play. 

As for the rest of the team, linebackers played great for the most part. AD Mitchell won't make it in this league if he's going to short arm every ball that will result in him getting hit. Hopefully Taylor will be good to go next week. We'll need him more than ever.

Mitchell definitely has a case or alligator arms.   He’s also quit on some routes and run the wrong routes at times. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe the refs can start calling dirty hits so it stops 

His hip injury was actually on a routine hit running QBs take. If you can’t handle it, don’t run.

• Like 1

I have a lot of problems with Steichen another game with bad clock management and some stupid playcalling when all we needed was to get first downs to win the game they throw bombs down the field.

Also, Mitchell has alligator hands. He needs to change that attitude because he’s never gonna be a great receiver if he doesn’t go all out to catch balls like that,

That flag  on roughing the passer was absolutely stupid. 

It’s also amazing when you get your tight end involved in the passing game. We have depended so much on Pittman and Pierce. I was shocked when I saw Ogletree standing at the 5 yard line wide open. This is on our head coach. Whatever is happening in the huddle doesn’t seem to translate in the field. No I realize it’s 11 guys that want to stop your plans, but how many times have we seen tight ends involved in the game it’s like they’re completely erased or just their blocking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Thdy hit him in the head 

But that wasn’t the injury that knocked him out of the game. The reason they didn’t call was it was a shoulder leading hit but AR got down simultaneously. So bang bang play they let it go.

Hip injury from the previous hit was why he was out. Fields was hit in a bang bang play while sliding too and they didn’t call it

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Contrary to public opinion I think Gus did a great job with essentially a patchwork defense against an undefeated team.  Was it perfection no.  But it was good enough to get a win.  Multiple sacks I believe and big plays made at the right time.  The backups did their job and helped get the win .   Who would have thought.  We found out Womack is a player.  Hats off to Ballard for signing Flacco too.  Without him we probably lose.  Enjoy the win.  I am. I will save my complaining for when we lose.

I get that he had a decent game but this laying off receivers five or 6 yards absolute bull crap just wait till we play a good team. They’re going to carve us apart.

The defense really came to play on the running game. So many stuffs or negative plays. And then it was disgusting to see how Fields just kept running for yards.

But I have one more comment TJ Watt was completely neutralized today. He had two assisted tackles and that  all he did.

Just now, chad72 said:

But that wasn’t the injury that knocked him out of the game. The reason they didn’t call was it was a shoulder leading hit but AR got down simultaneously. So bang bang play they let it go.

Hip injury from the previous hit was why he was out.

If they aren't going to call that. Then the roughing on Land can't be called

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, el duderino said:

hope JT is okay.. O line did a great job. AR needs to be smarter if he wanna survive in this league

that worked in high school and college but he needs to realize in the nfl players are faster, stronger and bigger. he needs to watch a lot of film of mahomes and lamar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Hip injury from the previous hit was why he was out. Fields was hit in a bang bang play while sliding too and they didn’t call it

Thdy hit him after he slid 

I will respectfully disagree with you guys who think the steelers are good. The truth is our defense outplayed theirs in the first half today before Gus took his foot off the gas and let Fields march down the field on three consecutive possessions. Their offensive line is pathetic, Bortolini and Goncalves would start for them. I live in western Pa. 1/2 the fans are disgusted with the lack of talent on that roster, the other 1/2 live with their head in the sand. You didn't notice today how open our receivers were running through their secondary of slow, journeymen free agents? Even Fitzpatrick is a shell of his former self.

19 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I understand they want to be cautious, but I think he should've played if he could have.

Although Steichen will never it admit it. I think this was a time in Anthony's career that Steichen believed he had to make a decision and bench him. From all reports, Richardson said he could go back  in. I think Steichen was saying to Richardson " u need to play smarter or we will be looking for another qb next year".  My assessment of Anthony so far is this. He makes the difficult plays look easy and the easy plays look hard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If they aren't going to call that. Then the roughing on Land can't be called

Land had his full body weight on the QB. Texans game 1, AR had that happen and I’d agree with that should have been called 

Same thing with Chris Jones on Derek Carr a year or two ago and other cases too

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I have a lot of problems with Steichen another game with bad clock management and some stupid playcalling when all we needed was to get first downs to win the game they throw bombs down the field.

Also, Mitchell has alligator hands. He needs to change that attitude because he’s never gonna be a great receiver if he doesn’t go all out to catch balls like that,

That flag  on roughing the passer was absolutely stupid. 

It’s also amazing when you get your tight end involved in the passing game. We have depended so much on Pittman and Pierce. I was shocked when I saw Ogletree standing at the 5 yard line wide open. This is on our head coach. Whatever is happening in the huddle doesn’t seem to translate in the field. No I realize it’s 11 guys that want to stop your plans, but how many times have we seen tight ends involved in the game it’s like they’re completely erased or just their blocking. 

I think the issue with such little TE activity is that we don’t really have one that a big threat.  They're more important as blockers.  

So, you may as well use your WRs as the main targets.  They’re all better at creating separation than any TE.