Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

Just now, SwedishColt said:

I am just so relieved and happy about this win. For the first time this season we had a spell in the first half where we played some GREAT football. If we can keep working from that we will be a force to be reckoned with this season!

Some negatives too but tonight (its 10:23pm here for me) I will just enjoy that huge DUB!

Is the Steelers curse broken now?

Yes a win is a win and that should always make you happy.

to your last point the Colts went 0 for a stadium in Pittsburgh so I am going to say no lol.

1 minute ago, SwedishColt said:

I am just so relieved and happy about this win. For the first time this season we had a spell in the first half where we played some GREAT football. If we can keep working from that we will be a force to be reckoned with this season!

Some negatives too but tonight (its 10:23pm here for me) I will just enjoy that huge DUB!

Is the Steelers curse broken now?

No…it will take 10 more years of drubbing them to break the curse.

Just now, ADnum1 said:

Easy @cdgacoltsfan

Why are Colts fans so angry with a win ?

Thank goodness for Joe !

Exactly!!! It’s hard to play a perfect game against a very good team like the Steelers. They’re playoff contenders, even if they’re not SB contenders

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Downs looks fully healthy too. Two wins without Buck is great. 

Texans play bills next week so must win in Jacksonville.

lol @Jacksonville is an automatic loss to me until proven otherwise

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

yep!

if AR had stayed in we prob don’t win this game.

I feel the complete opposite. I feel we run away with this game if AR stayed in. Steelers defense were able to key in on the run game and slow Taylor down with Richardson out. 

• Like 2

Good game today, but I will remind everyone the steelers are a very bad team. Never should have let them back in the game. With all our injuries and our supposed lack of depth and talent(according to some on here) incredible we beat the steelers(actually we are loaded with talent, some just don't agree). I think this makes us 6-25 in the last 53 seasons against the steelers.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Too many weak hearted fans amongst Colts fans in the game day thread, blaming everyone and their mother the moment things don’t go their way and the other team starts making plays. You can call the right play and the other team can out execute you, it happens.

Given our recent history of closing out games and seasons, it's understandable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twfish said:

As soon as A.D puts it all together he’s going to be so freaking ridiculous. He’s already getting crazy separation but he’s not hitting timing with the QB’s. 

You know that could take years. He is a disaster trying to locate him. And it's plumb crazy trying to go to him on 3rd down.

Just now, Two_pound said:

Good game today, but I will remind everyone the steelers are a very bad team. Never should have let them back in the game. With all our injuries and our supposed lack of depth and talent(according to some on here) incredible we beat the steelers(actually we are loaded with talent, some just don't agree). I think this makes us 6-25 in the last 53 seasons against the steelers.

They were undefeated.  That must mean there are 3 teams worse than them.  

They’re a good team with a great coach.   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Steelers had 404 yards and their offense has been awful too.

Fields was the guy that wanted the Bears to get an indoor stadium :). He’s won Big 10 championship games here at LOS. 

The main reason we won were the first half turnovers - 1 on 4th down stop and another on Pickens’ fumble.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I disagree that they’re a bad team. When in full health, they’re a playoff team in the AFC

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

They were 3-0 heading into this game...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

They were 3-0 heading into this game...

At this point in time, they’re a good team, I agree 

It’s always possible for a physical team like them to suffer injuries and take a step back as the year goes on, that’s why I said st this point in time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Good win against a GOOD team. Those timely turnovers on downs and the fumble in the first half were the BIG reasons for our cushion that we held on.

Great game plan by Gus Bradley but when push comes to shove, he can go back to his shell.

Too many weak hearted fans amongst Colts fans in the game day thread, blaming everyone and their mother the moment things don’t go their way and the other team starts making plays. You can call the right play and the other team can out execute you, it happens.

Not every game is going to be won by 2 scores, just look around the league week after week. The other guys are Pros on scholarship too (quoting Reggie Wayne :))

To be fair, Gus completely switched it up in the 2nd half after dominating in the first. It's classic Gus and one of my primary gripes with him. He's just BAD at making these decisions.

• Like 1

AR's durability is going to absolutely kill us. This is two years in a row where he has exited week 4 early. Last year it was the Ravens game. 

Flacco decided that he was going back 10 years to his Baltimore days. Solid, considering he's the backup. 

However, the offense has to run through JT. Our WR Corps is leaps and bounds better than last year, with Pierce finally realizing his potential, and Downs being an absolute stud, but the ball has to go into the hands of the best player on the offense. That's JT and he has to be given time to cook. 

Defense is adequate considering the injuries. Going into the half up 14 was completely unexpected, moreso the fact that the Colts took the lead and went coast to coast with it. While it would have been amazing to blow the Steelers out, it isn't a realistic expectation that they aren't going to score points. They're a solid team, even with Fields. 2 fumble recoveries, 4 sacks, 5 TFL and 4 players recording 5 PDs is a respectable statline. 

One point of note, that should be 5 sacks. That roughing the passer call was dog*.

Matt Gay... man, it feels like Vinatieri's last year. Sheesh. Hopefully he can turn it around. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

To be fair, Gus completely switched it up in the 2nd half after dominating in the first. It's classic Gus and one of my primary gripes with him. He's just BAD at making these decisions.

Yep, he went back to his shell and Fields had a LOT of time without the blitzing from the first half 

• Like 2

To answer a question: some fans are always negative and expect a perfect game.  I guess certain people just can't appreciate a win.

I was a bit nervous near the end because one can never count the Steelers out. Nice victory for the Colts!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Love the win but biggest concern is Richardson. I just saw fields get obliterated a few times this game and get up like someone just pushed him. Then Richardson takes a regular NFL hit to the hip and is injured...

AR does seem to have a bit of the injury bug. Hopefully it’s not season ending.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

To answer a question: some fans are always negative and expect a perfect game.  I guess certain people just can't appreciate a win.

I was a bit nervous near the end because one can never count the Steelers out. Nice victory for the Colts!

With all the defensive starters colts were missing today I think it was pretty impressive. I did not expect this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I understand they want to be cautious, but I think he should've played if he could have.

Yeah it was a typical hit that AR took. Injury prone label is just around the corner :) if this happens a few times this year. Fair or not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, colts89 said:

That was something. Hope AR is healthy next week. He started off hot. It seems like he could jog just fine. Flacco essentially provides what Minshew did last year, which is good insurance.

The Steelers are always annoying. Our defense beat them handly in the first half but got tired out in the second.

Josh Downs and Pittman were great today.

Matt Gay is a certified liability after today's game. The fact that he's the NFL's highest payed kicker (I believe) just makes that statement hurt even more.

You are not kidding please bench Matt Gay

1 minute ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

As I said last year sit AR for Minshew.  worked great.  Do the same this year.  Play Flacco and sit AR 

Won’t happen man. Flacco won’t start unless AR gets hurt again. This is a throw away season so AR can get reps.

• Like 1