Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

Every time AR comes out hot something happens. Steichen should never have called that play. Plus the refs missed two late hits on him. That has to stop. I don’t thin i t was anything serious luckily.

Considering how banged up the colts defense was they played great.  

Womack is a really good corner 

• Like 4

That was something. Hope AR is healthy next week. He started off hot. It seems like he could jog just fine. Flacco essentially provides what Minshew did last year, which is good insurance.

The Steelers are always annoying. Our defense beat them handly in the first half but got tired out in the second.

Josh Downs and Pittman were great today.

Matt Gay is a certified liability after today's game. The fact that he's the NFL's highest payed kicker (I believe) just makes that statement hurt even more.

Shocked we beat the Steelers…because we always seem to get outplayed by them.

As many have noted Josh Downs is a game changer really…he is a huge asset. Our WR team can be lights out if AD improves and Pierce continues his big time playing also.

No JT at the end of the game sucked…and we didn’t use him enough once AR went out …that’s bad playcalling by Steichen.

Defense did considerably better this game than they have in terms of just being spirited and playing with some sense of urgency.

Still want Gay gone…if you can’t rely on a dude in game time situations let alone just in the regular course of the game he is not worth having.

We won though so heck yea! 2-2 isn’t too shabby. Hope AR and JT are good to go the rest of the way.

• Like 1

Flacco is an upgrade over Minshew but man Richardson started so well you saw why the Colts wanted him early.  
I am confident Richardson plays next week but man I think Taylor might have gotten turf toe and that’s really painful to play through.

Latu keeps getting better despite the poor rookie mistake that lead to a TD.

Franklin and Speed had their best games of the season but disappeared late.

Cross and Blackmon are a good safety combo.

shane’s play calling is still baffling at times.

Gay has become an issue.  54 yarders are not give mes but that was vanderjact like and when he’s getting paid what he’s getting paid he has to be better period.

Downs is a star in the making 

Pittman had a great game

the oline has been playing out of their mind through four games.  I know the Steelers started getting heat late but that’s really been the first time the line has been any kind of issue.

injuries are really becoming a concern.  Hopefully some guys are back next week.

Gus did bring more pressure and presses than he normally does but reverted back to Gus defense late and the Steelers took advantage.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’m not disagreeing, but he is playing a lot of backups.  And they did pretty well.  

The Steelers had what three offensive TDs coming into the game and were the worst red zone offense in the league and they made the Colts defense look like Swiss cheese late including scoring three redzone TDs.

We started out so good! Then it went downhill fast...

The Good

• Downs is back and he's amazing!
  • Pittman finally had a game!
  • Oline had a good game I feel.
  • JT had a good game.
  • Finally a TE at a clutch moment.
  • Womack had a great game!
  • Cross with the forced fumble!

The Bad

• Matt Gay needs to go. Just... bye...
  • Bradley started out so good! Almost looked like a completely different defense. Then Bradley happened and we nearly threw the game away.
  • Shane had such a great start! Then AR got injured and Shane had a mental timeout with the running game for a minute. Then JT got hurt.
  • Jones got picked on today. He did have a good pass break up to his credit!
  • Latu needs to learn when to rush all-out and when to set the edge.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Taking out Richardson made zero sense. If you were that concerned after the initial injury, give it to Taylor. Matthew Stafford beat us last year with a bad hip and sprained ankle. It was a conservative decision that permeated throughout the remainder of the game. If he can play, he should play. 

As for the rest of the team, linebackers played great for the most part. AD Mitchell won't make it in this league if he's going to short arm every ball that will result in him getting hit. Hopefully Taylor will be good to go next week. We'll need him more than ever.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s also looking like we found our future center. This might be Ryan’s last year.

You trashed the decision to start him over Pinter on the game day thread. Maybe , just maybe, the coaching staff might know more than you do. I know it's a stretch...but it's possible.

• Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The Steelers had what three offensive TDs coming into the game and were the worst red zone offense in the league and they made the Colts defense look like Swiss cheese late. 

Again, not arguing.  But the Colts D probably played their best game today.  They’ve been horrid the last three weeks.  The Bears, who have no offense, put up about 400yds.  

Yes, the Steelers gifted this game.  But a win is…

Just now, Smonroe said:

Again, not arguing.  But the Colts D probably played their best game today.  They’ve been horrid the last three weeks.  The Bears, who have no offense, put up about 400yds.  

Williams threw 52 times. It wasn’t that impressive 

AR is so electric, shame he went down. I don’t think the 2nd play is what injured him, it looked like he went to take off and realized his hip was bothering him and that’s why he slid down. This looked like it was going to be his best game too

• Like 3

Good win against a GOOD team. Those timely turnovers on downs and the fumble in the first half were the BIG reasons for our cushion that we held on.

Great game plan by Gus Bradley but when push comes to shove, he can go back to his shell.

Too many weak hearted fans amongst Colts fans in the game day thread, blaming everyone and their mother the moment things don’t go their way and the other team starts making plays. You can call the right play and the other team can out execute you, it happens.

Not every game is going to be won by 2 scores, just look around the league week after week. The other guys are Pros on scholarship too (quoting Reggie Wayne :))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

The Steelers had 404 yards and their offense has been awful too.

Just now, ADnum1 said:

Great job by Joe to win this game with his precise accurate throws !

yep!

3 minutes ago, Solon said:

Taking out Richardson made zero sense. If you were that concerned after the initial injury, give it to Taylor. Matthew Stafford beat us last year with a bad hip and sprained ankle. It was a conservative decision that permeated throughout the remainder of the game. If he can play, he should play. 

As for the rest of the team, linebackers played great for the most part. AD Mitchell won't make it in this league if he's going to short arm every ball that will result in him getting hit. Hopefully Taylor will be good to go next week. We'll need him more than ever.

if AR had stayed in we prob don’t win this game.

• Like 2

I am just so relieved and happy about this win. For the first time this season we had a spell in the first half where we played some GREAT football. If we can keep working from that we will be a force to be reckoned with this season!

Some negatives too but tonight (its 10:23pm here for me) I will just enjoy that huge DUB!

Is the Steelers curse broken now?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You trashed the decision to start him over Pinter on the game day thread. Maybe , just maybe, the coaching staff might know more than you do. I know it's a stretch...but it's possible.

Easy @cdgacoltsfan

Why are Colts fans so angry with a win ?

Thank goodness for Joe !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1