Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Eberflus was fired by Chicago would you want him back

Zoltan

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

The media is talking about Eberflus being fired to bring in an offensive mind for Caleb Williams. Now if we move on from Bradley would you be okay with them bringing Eberflus back?

Not really. I'd rather a younger and/or more creative give guy get the shot. I don't think we'll ever consider going away form 4-3 + zone and I think that's fine. I just don't like Bradley's lack of creativity and I don't understand why we're not even trying to disguise what we're doing.

I wish we could get a guy like Brian Flores even if it means making a lot of changes.

12 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

The media is talking about Eberflus being fired to bring in an offensive mind for Caleb Williams. Now if we move on from Bradley would you be okay with them bringing Eberflus back?

Well Zaire just called him out on his podcast.  So I would think we would be looking for someone else.

I didn't want Eberflus when he was here. Too rigid and passive, similar to Bradley, but in different ways.

I will say that I appreciated his focus on loafs and forcing turnovers. I don't know why Franklin dislikes him, maybe I'll listen, but he was playing behind Leonard and Okereke. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Superman said:

I didn't want Eberflus when he was here. Too rigid and passive, similar to Bradley, but in different ways.

I will say that I appreciated his focus on loafs and forcing turnovers. I don't know why Franklin dislikes him, maybe I'll listen, but he was playing behind Leonard and Okereke. 

So I watched his podcast he explained why he didn't care for eberflus.....so whenever franklin did something good or was looking good in a game or practice eberflus wouldn't give him recognition and certain calls he wouldn't tell franklin because he felt like he wasn't good enough (he explained in deeper detail but this is the short version)

3 minutes ago, BCMak24 said:

So I watched his podcast he explained why he didn't care for eberflus.....so whenever franklin did something good or was looking good in a game or practice eberflus wouldn't give him recognition and certain calls he wouldn't tell franklin because he felt like he wasn't good enough (he explained in deeper detail but this is the short version)

Okay, sounds like they had some beef. I find it hard to believe that Eberflus was actively undermining one of his own players, especially for no reason. But sometimes players and coaches have big problems with each other, and we never really get the full story.

No big deal to me either way. Eberflus isn't coming back.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Not really. I'd rather a younger and/or more creative give guy get the shot. I don't think we'll ever consider going away form 4-3 + zone and I think that's fine. I just don't like Bradley's lack of creativity and I don't understand why we're not even trying to disguise what we're doing.

I wish we could get a guy like Brian Flores even if it means making a lot of changes.

It would be interesting to know if Steichen would prefer changing the defensive scheme if Bradley leaves and who he'd like to consider hiring as DC. I hope we'll do what he wants. These should be decisions for the head coach, not the GM. 

• Like 3

Not really, no.  Both the Tampa-2 Hybrid and the Cover-3 Leo are antiquated systems.  I would want a bright young assistant who was a Vic Fangio Cover-6 acolyte.  Someone who is on the cutting edge of the newest thing.  And willing to modify what they're doing to change with the times.

• Like 1

Over Bradley in a heart beat.  If other options are on the table I’d hope the Colts explore all options.

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Not really, no.  Both the Tampa-2 Hybrid and the Cover-3 Leo are antiquated systems.  I would want a bright young assistant who was a Vic Fangio Cover-6 acolyte.  Someone who is on the cutting edge of the newest thing.  And willing to modify what they're doing to change with the times.

The Colts had Vic Fango and him and his defense is what lead to Jim Mora being fired and Tony Dungy and the cover-2 being brought in.

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Yeah, but it is not us on this forum, but Ballard, you need to convince! 😀

He seems very stubborn about this system where you think you can get away from getting top quality CBs. 

anyway, it is time to try something completely new whether Ballard likes it or not.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Over Bradley in a heart beat.  If other options are on the table I’d hope the Colts explore all options.

The Colts had Vic Fango and him and his defense is what lead to Jim Mora being fired and Tony Dungy and the cover-2 being brought in.

Yup.  That was back in 2001.  The defensive personnel wasn't very good, either.

But what Vic experimented with in Miami last year was pretty inventive.  And was working.

I've also heard that he's really hard to get along with.  I don't want him.  I want a young guy who embraces new ideas without being Vic the man.

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Yup.  That was back in 2001.  The defensive personnel wasn't very good, either.

But what Vic experimented with in Miami last year was pretty inventive.  And was working.

I've also heard that he's really hard to get along with.  I don't want him.  I want a young guy who embraces new ideas without being Vic the man.

Personally I want Glenn Schumann from Georgia. He’s creative in his play calls especially when it comes to scrambling QBs. Which since the nfl is moving more into the running QB would be good to have. He has previously interviewed for the Eagles DC position, so it’s known he is willing to make the jump to the nfl. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Personally I want Glenn Schumann from Georgia. He’s creative in his play calls especially when it comes to scrambling QBs. Which since the nfl is moving more into the running QB would be good to have. He has previously interviewed for the Eagles DC position, so it’s known he is willing to make the jump to the nfl. 

Schumann is a Nick Saban acolyte who went over to be the DC at Georgia.  Looks like the Eagles interviewed him for their DC job back in February 2023, but he elected to stay at Georgia.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

With Laiatu Latu and an improved pass rush? Yes, I think Flus would give Indy a top 5 defense.