Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another disturbing fact

cdgacoltsfan

That's not disturbing, it's reassuring.  

Franklin is a very good LB.  He's not a great LB, I don't think people game plan around him.  But he's solid.  He and Speed are a very nice combination.

• Like 3

Every bottom feeder team has a good player or two. Are the colts a bottom feeder? At times they play like it. 

the “forum GMs” as you call them, don’t dislike when a player does well. They just hate when the team sucks. There’s nothing wrong with that. And no one here says some of the Colts players aren’t good players. 

the Colts stunk it up pretty bad in the first two weeks, lost game one again a stat that we have held for over a decade. In must win games, the colts perform exceptionally awful with a mind boggling level of consistency under this regime. 

the good players that the Colts have tend to also not show up in those games and make any game changing plays. 

ok so Franklin can tackle. So what? Yeah the forum GMs are shaking with rage because of that! 

Sarcastic Willy Wonka GIF

• Like 2

And yet, PFF didn't grade him all that high last year.  My response to this is that the scheme is designed for the MLB and the SS to make most of the tackles.  And they do.

But last year, Franklin allowed a 77% completion rate with 10.2 yards per completion, and 7.9 yards per target.  In summary, he makes a lot of tackles by scheme, but he also allows a lot of completions.

I don't think of him a Great.  Or even Good.  He's Fair.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FranZa00.htm

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Every bottom feeder team has a good player or two. Are the colts a bottom feeder? At times they play like it. 

the “forum GMs” as you call them, don’t dislike when a player does well. They just hate when the team sucks. There’s nothing wrong with that. And no one here says some of the Colts players aren’t good players. 

the Colts stunk it up pretty bad in the first two weeks, lost game one again a stat that we have held for over a decade. In must win games, the colts perform exceptionally awful with a mind boggling level of consistency under this regime. 

the good players that the Colts have tend to also not show up in those games and make any game changing plays. 

ok so Franklin can tackle. So what? Yeah the forum GMs are shaking with rage because of that! 

Sarcastic Willy Wonka GIF

😆

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

And yet, PFF didn't grade him all that high last year.  My response to this is that the scheme is designed for the MLB and the SS to make most of the tackles.  And they do.

But last year, Franklin allowed a 77% completion rate with 10.2 yards per completion, and 7.9 yards per target.  In summary, he makes a lot of tackles by scheme, but he also allows a lot of completions.

I don't think of him a Great.  Or even Good.  He's Fair.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FranZa00.htm

Agreed

I'm thrilled this thread takes the forum GMs to task. That's been lacking here for far too long.

If there's anything I cannot tolerate on a sports discussion board, it's fans discussing things their team, its management, coaches, and players should do better. Who the Halas do they think they are!?! 

Hey forum GMs, stay in your lane! It's to buy the $200 tickets, $15 beers, $100 jerseys, and expensive TV packages so that the owners, managers, coaches, and GMs can all make their millions and, 2) even if the team is losing and sucking, you need to high five and applaud their every move like you're Richard Simmons with a locker room pass. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Usually.  Although in the Tampa-2 defense, it's the weak side linebacker that is free to make all the tackles.  Thus, Derrick Brooks, Cato June, Darius Leonard, etc.

That's true, but they're not really running a tampa 2 anymore which is why it's Cross and Franklin making the tackles now rather than the Will.  

As for Franklin, that's great and all but not really a measure that he's a a great LB though.  Pat Angerer led the team in tackles in 2011 with 148.  He barely got 90 tackles over the next 2 years combined and was then out of the league.  IMO Franklin is a serviceable LB, maybe better suited for a limited role as the Sam though rather than Mike.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Looks like Franklin has the most games with 15+ tackles per game since 2023.Congrats to him. He's a tackling machine! The forum Gms are not going to like this one either. Get ready for more spinning.

Chicken Nugget Spinning GIF

Its the defense he plays in and they funnel the ball carrier to Franklin. Leonard had tons of tackles and I wouldn't make to much of it when grading Franklin. Cross, I believe leads the league in tackles. Are you saying he is the best safety in the league? Franklin is a rugged and tough line backer but poor in coverage.

23 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Its the defense he plays in and they funnel the ball carrier to Franklin. Leonard had tons of tackles and I wouldn't make to much of it when grading Franklin. Cross, I believe leads the league in tackles. Are you saying he is the best safety in the league? Franklin is a rugged and tough line backer but poor in coverage.

iF hEs RaNkEd #1 tHeN He HaS tO Be eLiTe RiGhT?

:nutz:

• Like 1