Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC defensive player of the week?

cdgacoltsfan

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

That’s nice, but some of you sure forgot how ugly his tape from weeks 1 and 2 were real quick. 

Week 3 was the exception, not the rule. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn’t waste anymore energy on this. It’s obvious his interceptions are the standard from now on, and we suddenly have a superstar CB that EVERYONE was hating on the first two weeks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I wouldn’t waste anymore energy on this. It’s obvious his interceptions are the standard from now on, and we suddenly have a superstar CB that EVERYONE was hating on the first two weeks.

No one has said that’s the standard but you are right how dare fans of a team root for a guy and cheer on his successes…

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

If we wernt getting torched by RBs the first two games, our secondary would not be the "strength". They got torched by Caleb Williams that went for almost 400 yards on them... by far a strength. 

If any QB is throwing it 52 odd times, they better darned well be near 400 yards through the air....

• Thanks 2

On 9/25/2024 at 11:14 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

JJ has been named AFC defensive player of the week?? How can this be?? This must be an error...right??? This has to be an AI thing. Our forum GMs wanted him replaced. 

We usually make rookie QBs and back-ups look like All-Pros. Finally, when we do what we're supposed to do against a rookie QB, there's no praise.

Congrats, JJ. Well deserved.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

But even the great Sneed of the Titans didn't have two picks against the Bears in game 1.

Well then I guess Jones is gonna have 2 picks again against the Steelers. Then again against the Jags, then again against the Titans, then again against the Dolphins, then, well, you know…

Because that’s how this works. 

🙄

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Well then I guess Jones is gonna have 2 picks again against the Steelers. Then again against the Jags, then again against the Titans, then again against the Dolphins, then, well, you know…

Because that’s how this works. 

🙄

According to one of the guys that do podcasts they stopped throwing on Jones side in the second half.  Might have been Jake Arthur. The wanted no part of him.

On 9/25/2024 at 4:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sometimes this can be the strangest fanbase I have ever seen. Dude wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week and some are saying - It's only the Bears though. It is hard to win in the NFL no matter who you play. It seems like every time we win a game, some in here don't appreciate it. Crap is getting old. Some people are just miserable. 

JJ did really well showing some fancy footwork on the 2 ints.

Not only that the Colts won the game.

Why are Colts fans so angry?

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because some are here to be right not support the Colts.

It's understandable for some fans to be frustrated when the team loses.  Some seem to take it way too serious and or personal.  I been a Colt fan for a very long time and have seen the best and worst of times. 

What good does it do getting bent over grown men getting paid millions to play a game?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's understandable for some fans to be frustrated when the team loses.  Some seem to take it way too serious and or personal.  I been a Colt fan for a very long time and have seen the best and worst of times. 

What good does it do getting bent over grown men getting paid millions to play a game?

Yeah but the Colts WON on Sunday.

the rest I agree with.

On 9/25/2024 at 12:54 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

The expert forum GMs are having a tough couple of weeks:

Oline rated best in league

JJ is named AFC defensive player of the week

Cross leads league in tackles

C'mon Ballard!!! Do better!!!!

Cross leading in tackles means the front 7 aren't doing their job...  JJ had a solid game, did his job.  You may have forgotten we are 1 and 2 and likely to be 1 and 3 Monday.  :tvsmash:

9 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Cross leading in tackles means the front 7 aren't doing their job...  JJ had a solid game, did his job.  You may have forgotten we are 1 and 2 and likely to be 1 and 3 Monday.  :tvsmash:

Or we could be 2-2.  It’s a week to week league.  We’re seeing improvement.  That bodes well for the future.

16 hours ago, ADnum1 said:

JJ did really well showing some fancy footwork on the 2 ints.

Not only that the Colts won the game.

Why are Colts fans so angry?

Because  we are tired of the same old song and dance where our best gets us middle of the pack.  Fans are tired of "Wait till next Year" as the team motto....   :wall:

• Like 1

On 9/25/2024 at 11:09 AM, Jason_ said:

Again, best in the league does not automatically equate to elite.  Not sure why you keep insisting on this.

Well, I think when you are ranked number one in anything, I think we can all assume you are in the conversation of being elite. You know #  1 ranked  tennis player, #1 ranked sprinter, #1 home run hitter. I could go on but I don't think it is really that hard to grasp

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well, I think when you are ranked number one in anything, I think we can all assume you are in the conversation of being elite. You know #  1 ranked  tennis player, #1 ranked sprinter, #1 home run hitter. I could go on but I don't think it is really that hard to grasp

Apparently it is that hard to grasp. They're the #1 ranked  OL through 3 weeks. Not over the entire season. Not over the course of several seasons. They're #1 right now. They're giving a better performance than the other 31 OL. That does not automatically mean they're playing at an elite level. What if no OL is playing at an elite level?

Imagine you're in school in a class of 30. The class is given a test. You get the highest score with a B-. All that means is you had the highest grade but no one scored a perfect, or elite, grade. 

Can you grasp it now or do I need to get out the crayons?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Apparently it is that hard to grasp. They're the #1 ranked  OL through 3 weeks. Not over the entire season. Not over the course of several seasons. They're #1 right now. They're giving a better performance than the other 31 OL. That does not automatically mean they're playing at an elite level. What if no OL is playing at an elite level?

Imagine you're in school in a class of 30. The class is given a test. You get the highest score with a B-. All that means is you had the highest grade but no one scored a perfect, or elite, grade. 

Can you grasp it now or do I need to get out the crayons?

Bad analogy.  These rankings come out and can change week to week.  That’s why they do it.  No one scores elite grades every week.  They are number one right now.  The season just started.  Why is that so hard to understand?  I swear.

47 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bad analogy.  These rankings come out and can change week to week.  That’s why they do it.  No one scores elite grades every week.  They are number one right now.  The season just started.  Why is that so hard to understand?  I swear.

https://giphy.com/gifs/thegoodplace-season-1-episode-8-3oxHQjw9UYT4dkuVos