Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Samuel Womack getting the start in week 4?

ProblChld32

He's small, but fast.....

FRnYHcXWUAAUA-s?format=png&name=small

Seems like a Kenny Moore type of guy. I'm guessing a slot CB

Strengths

Three-year starter and team captain in 2021.

Finished career with a whopping 41 pass breakups.

Able to post receiver with his jab all the way through press release.

Good ball/man eye balance from off coverage.

Dexterity to swerve and pivot in cadence with the route.

Searches for tells from wide receiver inside the route.

Shortcuts route breaks to find plays on the football.

Very fast and plays with good short-area twitch.

Weaknesses

Below-average tackle strength and toughness.

Loose with footwork from his backpedal.

Not always technically sound in his coverage.

Fails to keep feet under him, leading to slips in transitions.

High-cut frame limits body control to shadow from a shuffle.

Losses come when he fails to properly locate the football.

Needs to maintain poise and keep from grabbing downfield

Overview

Former walk-on who has developed into a ball-hawking slot defender. Womack has eye-popping speed and quickness with above-average ball production as a three-year starter. He's a natural at searching for clues and utilizing quality pathways to play the throw. Inconsistent technique and a lack of poise and positioning downfield are areas of concern that might not be easily correctable with coaching. Womack is not strong against the run, but he's sticky from press and instinctive from zone, which gives him a chance to compete for a roster spot.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

He's small, but fast.....

FRnYHcXWUAAUA-s?format=png&name=small

Seems like a Kenny Moore type of guy. I'm guessing a slot CB

Strengths

Three-year starter and team captain in 2021.

Finished career with a whopping 41 pass breakups.

Able to post receiver with his jab all the way through press release.

Good ball/man eye balance from off coverage.

Dexterity to swerve and pivot in cadence with the route.

Searches for tells from wide receiver inside the route.

Shortcuts route breaks to find plays on the football.

Very fast and plays with good short-area twitch.

Weaknesses

Below-average tackle strength and toughness.

Loose with footwork from his backpedal.

Not always technically sound in his coverage.

Fails to keep feet under him, leading to slips in transitions.

High-cut frame limits body control to shadow from a shuffle.

Losses come when he fails to properly locate the football.

Needs to maintain poise and keep from grabbing downfield

Overview

Former walk-on who has developed into a ball-hawking slot defender. Womack has eye-popping speed and quickness with above-average ball production as a three-year starter. He's a natural at searching for clues and utilizing quality pathways to play the throw. Inconsistent technique and a lack of poise and positioning downfield are areas of concern that might not be easily correctable with coaching. Womack is not strong against the run, but he's sticky from press and instinctive from zone, which gives him a chance to compete for a roster spot.

Much better throughout his career when he has played outside as opposed to slot even though his body type would suggest the opposite. On paper an upgrade over Flowers even though Flowers has so few snaps we still really dont know what we have yet. Flowers hopefully regains his pre injury burst, we havent quite seen that yet.

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He’s a playmaker.  Similar to Jones I would say.  I was expecting this.  He’s good that’s why two other teams put in a claim for him.

Since he is fast, his utility value on special teams could also be a reason for the waiver claims, in addition to his CB play. We just have to hope the CB play aspect of his holds up.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Since he is fast, his utility value on special teams could also be a reason for the waiver claims, in addition to his CB play. We just have to hope the CB play aspect of his holds up.

I'm excited for what he can bring.  He goes after the ball.  He along with Moore, Blackmon and Jones are players who are always looking for the interception.  If these four stay healthy i'm expecting more turnovers.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think he will miss the game. Womack started last week too I believe 

He didn’t , Flowers did. Womack only played 28 snaps and Flowers played a total of 41. Womack came in when Flowers got banged up.

7 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Size and speed similar to Rogers. 

Not a Ballard guy, so it makes me hopeful.

Lol this made me chuckle, I’m right there with you man.

7 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

He didn’t , Flowers did. Womack only played 28 snaps and Flowers played a total of 41. Womack came in when Flowers got banged up.

Lol this made me chuckle, I’m right there with you man.

Womack has 2 starts on the season while Flowers has yet to start a game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlowDa00.htm