Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you miss as a Colt's fan?

bluephantom87

On 9/24/2024 at 10:56 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Seeing Burt Jones play. Then later seeing the Mayflower trucks delivering my favorite team to Indy. 

Bert Jones was my favorite player.  Loved him and Lydell Mitchell too!

The day the Mayflower moved my Baltimore Colts to Indy, I cried, literally.  I adapted though. Go Colts!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Bert Jones was my favorite player.  Loved him and Lydell Mitchell too!

The day the Mayflower moved my Baltimore Colts to Indy, I cried, literally.  I adapted though. Go Colts!

My oldest sister was enrolled at LSU and that’s why I became a Ruston Rifle fan. He was such fun to watch. Unfortunately injuries cut him down early.  I know the fans of Baltimore hated they left but under the circumstances it was unavoidable.  I wasn’t too keen on Robert but I have grown quite fond of Jimmy. 

Bert Jones to Roger Carr. Growing up in the 70's in western Pa. I got to see maybe 4 games a year on the local channels. Some games now you can find on you tube. Bert Jones threw the best passes I have ever seen. So many tight spirals that just zipped down the field. Ray Buchanon and Eugene Daniel at corner and the defense in the mid nineties(we played good defense for a couple of years, but still couldn't win a playoff game, bad gm I guess).