Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you see any progress with Richardson?

Smonroe

On 9/25/2024 at 4:38 PM, JediXMan said:

Fitness Unleash GIF by ELEVATE Gym

The holes in the pocket for him to step up in and rush are massive at times. I don't see any benefit to him not taking advantage and putting stress on defense frequently. The amount of ground he covers in a short burst will always be amazing to me, it's the first thing that pops off that film from aerial view. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

The huge difference is that you could see the progress in peytons game and how he always learned and keept going.

and in year two, he really took off and started to show why we picked him.

With AR, things just getting worse, game after game... I wouldn't mind if we traded him for some picks next season.

Ease up on the youngest player in the NFL, who has played literally less than 10 NFL games in his career. 

We all knew (but for some, can't accept?) that he's super young and raw. It' s a rollercoaster to watch, but he'll get there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Ease up on the youngest player in the NFL, who has played literally less than 10 NFL games in his career. 

We all knew (but for some, can't accept?) that he's super young and raw. It' s a rollercoaster to watch, but he'll get there. 

Some people have decided that it's better to bail on him than to try to develop him over a reasonable period of time. I don't get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

The holes in the pocket for him to step up in and rush are massive at times. I don't see any benefit to him not taking advantage and putting stress on defense frequently. The amount of ground he covers in a short burst will always be amazing to me, it's the first thing that pops off that film from aerial view. 

When you have Taylor in the backfield with him he needs to take advantage of that more. I noticed last week in the fourth quarter with a lead we did use him running more. Do msg r it’s by design. But this week is a must for him to use his legs.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Some people have decided that it's better to bail on him than to try to develop him over a reasonable period of time. I don't get it.

We are a society that is entitled to and expects instant gratification. At any store with a number of people or any place with traffic you can observe an unreasonable amount of impatience. It is what it is. 

I think most fans knew AR was raw and it would take time for him to develop. For most, I think time to “develop” meant it might be a while before he started hitting throws in really tight windows, for example. I am rooting for AR big time, but it is a little jarring to see him unable to lead a RB in stride or throw 10 feet over the head of a wide open guy. Those feel like throws a 4th pick shouldn't need time to develop. But I'll give him the time he needs — no alternative right now. 

31 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I think most fans knew AR was raw and it would take time for him to develop. For most, I think time to “develop” meant it might be a while before he started hitting throws in really tight windows, for example. I am rooting for AR big time, but it is a little jarring to see him unable to lead a RB in stride or throw 10 feet over the head of a wide open guy. Those feel like throws a 4th pick shouldn't need time to develop. But I'll give him the time he needs — no alternative right now. 

I think this kind of response presents the situation as if Richardson is incapable of making routine throws, and that's not an accurate representation.

He's inconsistent in a lot of areas. He's NOT unable to lead a RB in stride, and he doesn't always throw 10 feet over the head of open guys. 

On 9/22/2024 at 6:17 PM, Smonroe said:

To me, he doesn’t look nearly as good as he did last year.  I think they are stifling his game, worrying about injury.

I guess we have to accept this is an evaluation season.  The defense is below average, so this team isn’t going far (IMHO) unless AR turns it around fast.  

He is throwing some bad picks and all rookie qbs do, so I am not going to be that hard on him for those mistakes. The one thing that still impresses me is that he doesnt look lost out there. He is still making good reads but he just needs to calm down and make those simple throws. I truly believe that if he made those throws that 90% of qbs make. We would be saying he is having a pretty good year. If Richardson fails, I believe it wont be because of his ability to process. It will because after say three seasons or so, he is unable still to hit the broad side of a barn!!