Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton The New Devin Hester

Love this kid, great hands, good routes, much better than several receivers taken before him...thi sguy has way more upside than you guys are giving him credit for based on what I see. I don't see hester, I see someone more like Deshaun Jackson or dare I say Diet Marvin? I'm really liking the talent we're getting from this draft!!!!

Unlike Hester, this kid is an actual WR. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here though. I think he has a chance to be a Desean Jackson type of player (maybe Mike Thomas is more fair). Should be solid though.

Do you think he'll be better running back punts than Blair White?? :jump:

This is a two for one draft pick here...............an actual position player (wide receiver) that is skilled in the return game as well! Unlike ALL of the folks that the previous regime brought in this guy was productive in all facets of the game............receiving, punt and kick returns!

Albeit, with the way kickoffs are now I think its fair to say that he will more than likely give the punt return game a more immediate spark! Then work his way into the rotation at wide receiver as the season progresses! He and Donnie Avery seem to be same size, speed and skill sets............should make for an interesting pre season for sure!

The thing with special teams is that only one guy gets the credit (you only hear Hester's name or Cribbs' name), but without the blockers, nothing happens. Our blockers on kick and punt returns have been brutal. In my opinion, even if you had Hester returning kicks for us, he wouldn't be anything close to what he is now because of the lack of blocking we have had

The thing with special teams is that only one guy gets the credit (you only hear Hester's name or Cribbs' name), but without the blockers, nothing happens. Our blockers on kick and punt returns have been brutal. In my opinion, even if you had Hester returning kicks for us, he wouldn't be anything close to what he is now because of the lack of blocking we have had

Yea not to mention our special teams coaches have been terrible (Charles Barkley voice)