Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you be ok with this move?

As it stands the Eagles are pretty loaded with CBs at the moment after picking up Rodgers then drafting both Quinyon and Cooper in the draft. There have been rumblings of them potentially preparing to move Bradberry. They are currently in need of another WR, so the question I pose is would you be ok with trading Alec to Philly in exchange for Bradberry? Or do you think they should let the current CBs on the roster battle it out? Keep in mind Bradberry is approaching 31 years of age.

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

As it stands the Eagles are pretty loaded with CBs at the moment after picking up Rodgers then drafting both Quinyon and Cooper in the draft. There have been rumblings of them potentially preparing to move Bradberry. They are currently in need of another WR, so the question I pose is would you be ok with trading Alec to Philly in exchange for Bradberry? Or do you think they should let the current CBs on the roster battle it out? Keep in mind Bradberry is approaching 31 years of age.

No

• Like 2

It’s a good proposal but I see more value in letting Pierce play out his rookie contract. At the least, Pierce should be given this year with AR. There is a lot of promise with the top 4 WRs we have but as of right now only MPJ is set in stone. Downs had an incredible rookie year with a 68-771-2td stat line. I will say it’s close enough to expect him to get even better over the next few years. How much he will improve is yet to be seen. 

You can never have enough weapons for your QB so I would much prefer we keep them all and let the cream rise to the top. The NFL is hard. No promises guys will stay healthy, duplicate previous years or rookies pan out. This is going to be a big year for the Colts and establishing the core players to build around on offense. There will be intense battles for playing time in both the WR and TE groups. I say let them battle it out and we keep the winners. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

:spit: :thmdown:   Not at all under consideration. O on a ten scale.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I can see the need to improve the secondary, but Alec Pierce should be better this year, and he is so very cheap.

There is also a need for depth, as Pittman and AD Mitchell will need plays off.

I could see Pierce getting 20-30% of the snaps at either side

I am very excited by our offensive potential...... If we have health, this offense can stack up points. Our OL is very strong as well

Who do you double cover?

Last year it was Pittman

This year, with AD Mitchell AND Pittman, we will see deeper zones from our competition

When we had EDGE running the ball with our HOF WRs, Manning could dictate the play based on what the defense did.   8 Man Box?  - We will beat you deep.   4-3 defense/ Nickle?  We will run the ball

If AR5, can pick this up, we will be tough to stop.

I am SOMEWHAT excited by our defense, now that we SHOULD be able to bring more pressure.

But........

I would STILL bring in a vet at FS.......  

We will probably wait until camp to do something here 

7 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

No for me.  Alec is a cheap potential WR.  No bad can come from keeping him. 

10 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I don’t think they would sign him as a FA, much less trade for him. He’s got a small cap hit this year, but I think there is some gtd money due next year so he would likely be cut. 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

No for me.  Alec is a cheap potential WR.  No bad can come from keeping him. 

Their current WR3 is Parris Campbell. Would be weird seeing PC and Pierce battling it out for tgts on some other team in 2024. 

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I can see the need to improve the secondary, but Alec Pierce should be better this year, and he is so very cheap.

There is also a need for depth, as Pittman and AD Mitchell will need plays off.

I could see Pierce getting 20-30% of the snaps at either side

I am very excited by our offensive potential...... If we have health, this offense can stack up points. Our OL is very strong as well

Who do you double cover?

Last year it was Pittman

This year, with AD Mitchell AND Pittman, we will see deeper zones from our competition

When we had EDGE running the ball with our HOF WRs, Manning could dictate the play based on what the defense did.   8 Man Box?  - We will beat you deep.   4-3 defense/ Nickle?  We will run the ball

If AR5, can pick this up, we will be tough to stop.

I am SOMEWHAT excited by our defense, now that we SHOULD be able to bring more pressure.

But........

I would STILL bring in a vet at FS.......  

We will probably wait until camp to do something here 

Well said. I completely agree, though I wish the move for a vet FS were sooner than later. 
As for the suggested trade, you hold onto Pierce for depth and to see how he meshes with his new QB. AD is a rookie and unproven in the NFL. I’m as excited as anyone about his potential, but still….

I haven’t given up on Pierce, he finally has a quarterback that can get the ball to him. He’s had to suffer through several over the hill, quarterbacks and mediocre ones. I’m curious to see what a season will look like with Richardson as his quarterback.

• Like 1

No.  Bradberry is 31 and Pierce is 24.  There is no way that trade is given any consideration in my mind.  Maybe a day three pick for Bradberry.  Now Pierce for Budda Baker would peak my interest.  Baker would have to agree to an extension as part of the trade as well.  AD would really have to show out in camp and Cross and Scott not so much.  So those are long shots so I think Pierce stays put.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No.  Bradberry is 31 and Pierce is 24.  There is no way that trade is given any consideration in my mind.  Maybe a day three pick for Bradberry.  Now Pierce for Budda Baker would peak my interest.  Baker would have to agree to an extension as part of the trade as well.  AD would really have to show out in camp and Cross and Scott not so much.  So those are long shots so I think Pierce stays put.

You aren’t getting Baker for Pierce.  

Heard a rumor on a podcast that mentioned a trade for Carolina’s Miles Sanders to the Colts for a 5th or 6th rounder is being discussed.  Reuniting him with Steichen so he could be JT’s backup and play a similar role as Moss did last year.  Saw something similar on BR suggesting post June 1st trades that could happen.  Sanders appears to be available.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Heard a rumor on a podcast that mentioned a trade for Carolina’s Miles Sanders to the Colts for a 5th or 6th rounder is being discussed.  Reuniting him with Steichen so he could be JT’s backup and play a similar role as Moss did last year.  Saw something similar on BR suggesting post June 1st trades that could happen.  Sanders appears to be available.

Interesting, I read the same BR article but don't like the contract the Colts would have to take on.  Thanks for the pod cast info.

https://overthecap.com/player/miles-sanders/7844

11 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

Interesting, I read the same BR article but don't like the contract the Colts would have to take on.  Thanks for the pod cast info.

https://overthecap.com/player/miles-sanders/7844

I wasn’t crazy about the contract either at first glance but considering he would be under contract for three years and his age and his familiarity with Shane and the offense it might not be that prohibitive.  I think the backup running back spot is an issue if we were to lose JT.  Moss was a good and reliable backup.  Our backup running backs right now are the same from last year and could not get past Moss to be number two.  The cap is going up every year.  When you put it all together I could see acquiring him as being a nice backup and a reasonable insurance policy.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I just said it would peak my interest.

Yeah and trading Sam for Patrick Mahomes would peak my interest but it doesn’t mean anything if there is no chance of it happening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I wasn’t crazy about the contract either at first glance but considering he would be under contract for three years and his age and his familiarity with Shane and the offense it might not be that prohibitive.  I think the backup running back spot is an issue if we were to lose JT.  Moss was a good and reliable backup.  Our backup running backs right now are the same from last year and could not get past Moss to be number two.  The cap is going up every year.  When you put it all together I could see acquiring him as being a nice backup and a reasonable insurance policy.

“couldn’t get past Zack Moss to be number two.”

You say that like it’s the ultimate insult.  Spoiler Alert:  Zack Moss is good.  He’s now RB1 for Cincinnati.   The lead RB for a team that’s in playoff consideration as long as Joe Burrow is healthy. 

I confess that comment is head scratching to me. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah and trading Sam for Patrick Mahomes would peak my interest but it doesn’t mean anything if there is no chance of it happening.

Yup.  That’s another one that would peak my interest.  Hard to see it happening though.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

“couldn’t get past Zack Moss to be number two.”

You say that like it’s the ultimate insult.  Spoiler Alert:  Zack Moss is good.  He’s now RB1 for Cincinnati.   The lead RB for a team that’s in playoff consideration as long as Joe Burrow is healthy. 

I confess that comment is head scratching to me. 

Zach Moss is no RB1.  If he showed signs he was the Bills wouldn’t have traded him for Hines who also is no RB1.  Moss is a RB 2.  A good one too.  Fortunately for him a season playing behind the Colts OL worked out favorably for him. Moss became available because we have an RB1 and the Bengals jumped at the chance to fill a hole in their lineup and Moss can do that like he did for the Colts when Taylor wasn’t available.  He is not a back teams have to worry about like they have to do for Taylor.  Every team needs an RB1.  He was the Bills RB1 for a short time and shipped off to the Colts for Hines.  And they drafted him.  He certainly belongs on a NFL roster.  I wish he stayed to back up Taylor.  But money and opportunity always talks as it should.  I worry about our RB position if something happens to Taylor for a long period.  I think we should be looking for a proven player who would be that true backup you can rely on behind Taylor.  Right now that backup position is a position that concerns me.   The other being starting FS.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 2:00 AM, ProblChld32 said:

No

44 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Pierce detractors always give me a good chuckle.

IMHO , its all about perspective

If you treat Pierce as WR1, you will be disappointed

If you treat Pierce as a solid contributor, you will be pleased

- The man can block, maybe the best blocking WR on this team

- The man has speed

- The man can rotate in with our other WRs

I do believe that AD Mitchell will take over as a starting outside WR

The reality is, 17 games is a LONG season, 

Pittman and AD Mitchell will be "fresher" for the end of the game as they are rotated in and out

The odds say that there will be injuries, and we could see Pierce be a starter on either side

I for one, WANT to keep Pierce thru his rookie deal

(We will see after that)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

IMHO , its all about perspective

If you treat Pierce as WR1, you will be disappointed

If you treat Pierce as a solid contributor, you will be pleased

- The man can block, maybe the best blocking WR on this team

- The man has speed

- The man can rotate in with our other WRs

I do believe that AD Mitchell will take over as a starting outside WR

The reality is, 17 games is a LONG season, 

Pittman and AD Mitchell will be "fresher" for the end of the game as they are rotated in and out

The odds say that there will be injuries, and we could see Pierce be a starter on either side

I for one, WANT to keep Pierce thru his rookie deal

(We will see after that)

Exactly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Zach Moss is no RB1.  If he showed signs he was the Bills wouldn’t have traded him for Hines who also is no RB1.  Moss is a RB 2.  A good one too.  Fortunately for him a season playing behind the Colts OL worked out favorably for him. Moss became available because we have an RB1 and the Bengals jumped at the chance to fill a hole in their lineup and Moss can do that like he did for the Colts when Taylor wasn’t available.  He is not a back teams have to worry about like they have to do for Taylor.  Every team needs an RB1.  He was the Bills RB1 for a short time and shipped off to the Colts for Hines.  And they drafted him.  He certainly belongs on a NFL roster.  I wish he stayed to back up Taylor.  But money and opportunity always talks as it should.  I worry about our RB position if something happens to Taylor for a long period.  I think we should be looking for a proven player who would be that true backup you can rely on behind Taylor.  Right now that backup position is a position that concerns me.   The other being starting FS.

Zach Moss is a lot like MPJ. I think he is a rb1 but maybe not a bell cow. He was always good but not consistently great. I think he is going to a good situation. Bengals will always be a heavy passing team. Mosd should see his fair share of light boxes and produce enough to keep the defense honest. They should help each other enough they will maintain a potent offense over there in Cincy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Zach Moss is a lot like MPJ. I think he is a rb1 but maybe not a bell cow. He was always good but not consistently great. I think he is going to a good situation. Bengals will always be a heavy passing team. Mosd should see his fair share of light boxes and produce enough to keep the defense honest. They should help each other enough they will maintain a potent offense over there in Cincy. 

I could understand that take.  They are a passing team first.  When he was with the Bills Allen was the team’s leading rusher.  Go figure.  I could see him working out with the Bengals.  Wish him the best until he plays the Colts.  lol.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 8:33 AM, richard pallo said:

Richard.   It doesn’t matter what I think.  It doesn’t matter what you think.  The only thing that matters is what the Cincinnati Bengals think. 

And they signed Moss to be their RB1.   The Bengals didn’t sign any other FA RB.  They didn’t draft a RB.  It’s Moss as RB1, and Brown, a nice draft pick from 2023.   But his rookie year he totaled about 175 yards rushing.  That’s it.  So he’s RB2.   

Now….  If you want to say that Moss might be the worst RB1 out of the 32 teams, then we have something to agree on.  I saw a list yesterday showing the Bengals RB room ranked 31st.   I thought that was fair.   But Moss is the guy.  At least to start with.  That’s the plan in Cincinnati.