Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offense is nearly set ..... Defense?

Deano1818

Seeing the picks yesterday, i was somewhat suprised, but starting to warm up to them.

I would have liked to get a mauler guard.. But.... Oh well

With 2 TE sets we will be able to keep rotating in 2 wideouts with a mixture of speed and possession types.

I am ecited to see what Hilton can bring...... We havent had a decent return game..... For many years

It will be nice to get an improved field position

In between now and the start of the season

We still desprately need

NT

CB

LB

We also need depth at

OL

DE

S

Maybe we can get some of this in rounds 5-7

Offense isn't set until they address the run game, via O-line. Having 2 tight end sets might help a little but I see Fleener more in the mold of Aaron Hernandez than I do Rob Gronkowski. In other words, he's more a big receiver than a versatile, all-around tight end. Allen is a solid blocker, but we still should've addressed the OG position if we were going to invest in offense exclusively this draft.

Cordy Glenn should've been drafted instead of Fleener in the 2nd. We could've stuck with taking Allen in the 3rd round and picked up a receiving threat at tight end like Orson Charles in the 4th or 5th and been in much better shape right now. I like the receiver we grabbed but I didn't think we needed to trade up to get him. I'm disappointed overall in this draft so far

I have liked the picks so far. The only surprise to me was Dwayne Allen which I guess our offense is going to be similar to a Patriot offense with the 2 TEs and smaller quicker WRs.

I hope we go defense the rest of the way because I think the rest of the guys we can pick in FA afterwards.

I aggree about Glenn

I was waiting on the call from the colts front office as to which pick they should make..

Maybe they lost my phone number..............

I would imagine that Fleener would be in the slot more than next to the tackle......

Maybe much more than he was in college.

So...... Many people wanted a WR....... In some ways.... We got one

I also see the advantage of having some familiarity with a reciever

At this point, i dont beleive that there is a guard that is available that would break the starting lineup

Also............

If Freeney is getting shopped, I beleive that this is the round we would get back into......

If, so........ Ta'amu may be heading our way

Offense isn't set until they address the run game, via O-line. Having 2 tight end sets might help a little but I see Fleener more in the mold of Aaron Hernandez than I do Rob Gronkowski. In other words, he's more a big receiver than a versatile, all-around tight end. Allen is a solid blocker, but we still should've addressed the OG position if we were going to invest in offense exclusively this draft.

Cordy Glenn should've been drafted instead of Fleener in the 2nd. We could've stuck with taking Allen in the 3rd round and picked up a receiving threat at tight end like Orson Charles in the 4th or 5th and been in much better shape right now. I like the receiver we grabbed but I didn't think we needed to trade up to get him. I'm disappointed overall in this draft so far

i like the Oline even with the newly aquired linemen we got in FA or trade. its rebuilding their not going to fix everything in one draft. its going to take next years draft to get them competing again. who knows this year they may focuse just on offense in the draft, then next season when guys like mathieu come into the draft then thats when the colts will start concentrating on the defense more then the offense. now its just trying to make luck comftorble and build his confidence so he dont because a bust.

Ta'amu is gone. He's a Steeler.

Is McKinney going to be our only NT?

Two TE's, a QB, a WR (who should have been a five or six rounder)-but no D in the draft as of yet.

I'm guessing Antonio Johnson is going to be backing up the NT spot this year or we're going to be running a decent amount of 4-3 (or both).

I aggree about Glenn

I was waiting on the call from the colts front office as to which pick they should make..

Maybe they lost my phone number..............

I would imagine that Fleener would be in the slot more than next to the tackle......

Maybe much more than he was in college.

So...... Many people wanted a WR....... In some ways.... We got one

I also see the advantage of having some familiarity with a reciever

At this point, i dont beleive that there is a guard that is available that would break the starting lineup

Also............

If Freeney is getting shopped, I beleive that this is the round we would get back into......

If, so........ Ta'amu may be heading our way

Ta'amu is gone im really upset we didnt get a NT or a CB yet....these guys left in the draft are not good i dont know what grigson is doing really i want our team to start having a defensive presence

I would like the Colts to take a look at Chase Minnifield. He was easily a 2nd-3rd round pick at CB, but injury before the combine cost him. He could be a good pick-up in the late rounds.

Maybe get Alfonzo Dennard or Chase Minnifield?

Personally I'd like the Colts to take Georgia CB Brandon Boykin if he's still there with our 5th pick.

defense will be addressed next year..this year was all about offense and that's understandable..when you just drafted a franchise qb you got to give him weapons..

I still think the get a few D guys this yr but i do see their early rd's next yr going towards D unless there is someone that Irsay just has to have.