Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTAs Thread May 21st-23rd; May 29th-31st; Mandatory Mini Camp June 4th-6th **Updated Title

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We’ve been cursed far longer than that…

Bert Jones…

John Elway…

Jeff George…

Manning’s neck courtesy of the Titans…

Luck’s shoulder courtesy of the Titans…

AR’s shoulder courtesy of the Titans…

Bert Jones shoulder....courtesy of the Oilers?

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Bert Jones…

John Elway…

Jeff George…

Manning’s neck came from a Washington game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Man if Richardson now has issues staying healthy this Colts team really is cursed at the QB position since Luck. How freaking long will this last? We've had such bad luck. 

If it’s happened again I think it’s time to just accept that it’s 

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

If it’s happened again I think it’s time to just accept that it’s 

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

Then you’ve got the Packers.. who have had only 3 week 1 starting QBs in over 30 years… Favre, Rodgers, Love… 

A lot of teams talk of how lucky we were to go from Manning to Luck but I’d say the Packers have been the luckiest franchise in terms of QB stability. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Bert Jones…

John Elway…

Jeff George…

Does Art Schlichter's gambling problem count as an injury?

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheNewGuy said:

Then Elway must count as well...

Yeah, that was unfortunate. He would have probably won the Colts another SB or two. However, he may have stopped us from getting Peyton in 98.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Bert Jones…

John Elway…

Jeff George…

John Unitas was injured constantly for the last or so years of his illustrious career.  Add him at the top.

• Like 3

FWIW:

I’m wrong…..    Again.   

I was confident the Colts would’ve signed a name free agent by now.   Nope, didn’t happen.   

As Ballard likes to say….  It takes two to make a deal.   A lot of veterans want to know by now where they’re going to be playing in the fall.   If they have a wife and kids, they want the wife looking for a home.  They want to know about good school districts for their kids.   And yet, nothing happened.  

That said, it’s not like the players we think the Colts might be interested in have signed elsewhere.  Seems like the Free Agent world is mostly on hold.  

It’s odd…. 

PS….   If history is a guide, the roster may get updated with new weight numbers soon.   It usually happens in June.  But I suppose it could happen in July.   Things seem to be changing these days.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:

I’m wrong…..    Again.   

I was confident the Colts would’ve signed a name free agent by now.   Nope, didn’t happen.   

As Ballard likes to say….  It takes two to make a deal.   A lot of veterans want to know by now where they’re going to be playing in the fall.   If they have a wife and kids, they want the wife looking for a home.  They want to know about good school districts for their kids.   And yet, nothing happened.  

That said, it’s not like the players we think the Colts might be interested in have signed elsewhere.  Seems like the Free Agent world is mostly on hold.  

It’s odd…. 

PS….   If history is a guide, the roster may get updated with new weight numbers soon.   It usually happens in June.  But I suppose it could happen in July.   Things seem to be changing these days.  

I didn’t expect anything until after mini camp. These vets don’t want to do offseason stuff. Some of them will probably sign next few weeks as we get closer to camp. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

AR says he still gets aches in his shoulder and is working through it. Nothing to be concerned about. If this happens in TC then you can be concerned. He is supposed to talk after practice.

I am hopeful, but anytime a person has surgery on a body part, there is always a concern moving forward. I remember asking a coworker who is a physio therapist when the injury happened. He said he would never be the same. Of course, I assume the Colts have consulted with elite medical professionals. That was just his  take on the injury and I am hopeful that he is wrong. He does have an excellent reputation and I have actually been treated by him myself. Best physio therapist I had been to as others failed to correct my own injury.

7 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Man if Richardson now has issues staying healthy this Colts team really is cursed at the QB position since Luck. How freaking long will this last? We've had such bad luck. 

A very long time… See the Redskins since Joe Theisman…

imo there are more qb injuries since the mobile qb thing is now in style in the nfl. not saying pocket passers dont get hurt they do. the game seems to be changing and injuries seem to be part of it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

imo there are more qb injuries since the mobile qb thing is now in style in the nfl. not saying pocket passers dont get hurt they do. the game seems to be changing and injuries seem to be part of it.

Yep. Last year was the first year where the injuries to QBs were really noticeable. Injuries to over half of the starting QBs in the NFL of some form (Colts included). I just hope Richardson can stay healthy throughout the season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am hopeful, but anytime a person has surgery on a body part, there is always a concern moving forward. I remember asking a coworker who is a physio therapist when the injury happened. He said he would never be the same. Of course, I assume the Colts have consulted with elite medical professionals. That was just his  take on the injury and I am hopeful that he is wrong. He does have an excellent reputation and I have actually been treated by him myself. Best physio therapist I had been to as others failed to correct my own injury.

Your coworker probably knows way more about this situation than the Colts medical staff and ARs surgeon. Did he have the same opinion of Stafford? ( Same surgery) Please have your coworker contact the Colts asap!

18 hours ago, Superman said:

It wasn't expected that his final week of offseason work would be cut short. 

Being cautious would have been having throwing restrictions in place throughout the offseason, maybe a rest day here and there, etc. What happened this week is he showed up like normal, had his day cut short with a back issue on Tuesday, had his day cut short with shoulder soreness on Wednesday, and then didn't throw at all today. This wasn't planned.

And they can say that he'd play if there was a game this week, but what if the soreness lingers for several days, or gets worse? They said the right things, but now the offseason program is over, and we don't get to see him come back in a few days and throw like normal, so is it meaningful that they're saying he'd be fine to play on Sunday? What if this continues to happen throughout the season? Will it have a negative impact on his practice schedule and game day ability?

I have zero problem with being cautious. If they said on Tuesday 'he's a little sore, so we're not having him throw this week,' I would be fine with it. Instead, this kind of popped up on them, and now they're reacting. There's nothing wrong with the reaction, but the timing isn't ideal.

There's still three months until the season starts. I'm not having a meltdown about this, but my level of concern went from 8-10% to more like 20% over the last couple of days.

I agree completely!  I had hoped that he would be eased in with the OTAs, and he was, and here we are...hopefully it is the ptsd that you spoke of in a prior post...I  guess we will just have to wait until Training Camp...sigh...

6 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Mahomes has been relatively healthy besides minor bumps and bruises his career so far. Jackson and Allen were also healthy this past season. 

https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/new-study-quarterbacks-that-run-most-are-not-injured-most/

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I didn’t expect anything until after mini camp. These vets don’t want to do offseason stuff. Some of them will probably sign next few weeks as we get closer to camp. 

Me too.  Now that it’s over and coupled with Scott’s unfortunate injury I can see an acquisition taking place before camp.  If Simmons signs with a team first I could really see the signings pick up for the safety position.  Hopefully Ballard signs his first choice if he’s going for a FA.  Now with Scott gone I think he will do something.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 9:50 AM, RollerColt said:

I’m not hitting the panic button either, but there’s now embers in the dry forest and smoke is starting to appear… 

And all it takes is a nice breeze!

I live in wildfire country...

• Like 1

The other thing that bothers me is this:  even if he is fine it is causing him to miss reps.  He is a young,  inexperienced qb.  Missed most of last season.   He needs everything he can get.  So assuming he is OK it is still disappointing that he is dealing with unexpected down time.

2 minutes ago, gspdx said:

The other thing that bothers me is this:  even if he is fine it is causing him to miss reps.  He is a young,  inexperienced qb.  Missed most of last season.   He needs everything he can get.  So assuming he is OK it is still disappointing that he is dealing with unexpected down time.

He's missed like 15 reps this year in OTAs

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He's missed like 15 reps this year in OTAs

So far. 

And a lot of reps last season.  Borh practice and games. And off-season work with receivers.  Because he is focused on rehabbing.   It's not optimal. 

We have no idea what's next.  It's concerning.

I'm not panicking, but this isn't the best beginning for a franchise QB career.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gspdx said:

So far. 

And a lot of reps last season.  Borh practice and games. And off-season work with receivers.  Because he is focused on rehabbing.   It's not optimal. 

We have no idea what's next.  It's concerning.

I'm not panicking, but this isn't the best beginning for a franchise QB career.

No it’s not. 

1 hour ago, twfish said:

Soooo going into training camp can we please not have the entire camp merged into one thread?

It's probably just going to continue from this thread.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We usually have a thread for everyday. If you guys still want me to do separate threads for each day I can create one each day . I just haven’t felt the need to post here all the time anymore.

I was just poking fun. There's positives and negatives to both ways so it's whatever IMO. I'm still able to come here and see important updates rather timely. Can't ask for much more.

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We usually have a thread for everyday. If you guys still want me to do separate threads for each day I can create one each day . I just haven’t felt the need to post here all the time anymore.

I definitely didn’t mean to critique you at all if that’s how you took it. I appreciate all your work staying on top of it all and keeping all of us up to date. It just seems all jumbled up and a mega thread. It’s helpful when trying to go back to look at things it’s not searching through a mega thread, or if life gets a little busy you can hop around to the days you missed without going through pages.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Your coworker probably knows way more about this situation than the Colts medical staff and ARs surgeon. Did he have the same opinion of Stafford? ( Same surgery) Please have your coworker contact the Colts asap!

I guess u truly did not understand what I wrote? It was just his opinion and of course there is a good chance he was wrong.

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

After reading many of the posts here, it is obvious that quantity does not equal quality.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

To your last sentence me either. I am going to send you a private message.

• Like 1