Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Discussion Thread ****NO SPOILERS****

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Thanks.  Why would we draft another TE?

He was just saying he felt Tip Reimann who got drafted, got drafted too early. Had nothing to do with Colts

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

This is the reason we took Goncalves. Big run on O-Lineman. Nothing would have been left in round 4.

Bottom line it doesn’t matter how good of an OL you are, if you have a bad history of performance penalties that is a drive killer.  For me that eliminates you off my draft board. 

• Like 1

For round 4:

Please, one/some of the following:

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. (LB)

Cedric Gray (LB)

Payton Wilson (LB)

Braelon Allen (RB)

Isaiah Davis (RB)

Dylan Laube (RB)

Khyree Jackson (CB)

Kitan Oladapo (S)

Kamren Kitchens (S)

Jaylin Simpson (S)

James Williams (S)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Why do so many GMs prefer lower round picks?

More picks in lower rounds can be used as trade bait. And there’s still odds of finding studs all the way to Mr Irrelevant aka Mr Purdy

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Mitchell to the Colts!

Holy crap….

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

AD Mitchell at 52. I think this could be about as good as it gets, if they can help him manage that diabetes.

Talk about stepping out of your comfort zone

2 hours ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Here we go WR I guess Ballard was listen to the forum 

That could be dangerous

2 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Thank you Chris Ballard for not taking a CB and panicking. Right pick here and we got two extra 5ths!

Wow he’s pleased you with BOTH his picks thus far… are you sure you’re Jared?

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We sure Ballard is making these picks lol?? Two guys with concerns. Love it but not typical of Ballard. I think he knows he needs  play makers and is swinging for the  fences. Like it. Whether Ballard makes it into next year. He is sure making it interesting lol.

Wait did you just like a Ballard move?

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Good grief.  A diva.

Good, we have plenty of nice guys

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This tells me that the seat maybe warmer than most people think. He needs play makers and time to gamble a little. Steichen also has that Philly mindset

I still don’t think his seat is hot. I think you’ve seen what he’s been telling you for 3 years, you swing for fences more when you have the guy at QB you need first. Shows they’re going all in with AR but yet doing so with calculated caution not just throwing stuff in the wind

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

For round 4:

Please, one/some of the following:

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. (LB)

Cedric Gray (LB)

Payton Wilson (LB)

Braelon Allen (RB)

Isaiah Davis (RB)

Dylan Laube (RB)

Khyree Jackson (CB)

Kitan Oladapo (S)

Kamren Kitchens (S)

Jaylin Simpson (S)

James Williams (S)

Talk about lowered expectations can eliminate about half of these players.  Find a better list of players bud. 

1 minute ago, OhioColt said:

Talk about lowered expectations can eliminate about half of these players.  Find a better list of players bud. 

Don't want all of them, just one of them. Not a reach to say so?

21 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I think we moved ahead of Seattle after seeing their pick. Ballard had to give up the 6th.

CHI took OT Kiran Amadejie 6 picks before 82.  Then he moved up to 79 to take another OT...OG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

Don't want all of them, just one of them. Not a reach to say so?

Gray can’t tackle, Wilson has alligator arms, not sold on Davis at RB and so on.  Not a fan on your deaft selection but to each their own not really Colts players.  Do have a few name that I like and fairly penalty free game and good enough.  Once again the Colts going out drafting players neither one of us thought they’d take. 

5 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

I wouldn’t mind trading back up in this round for slot wide receiver Malik Washington. 

I'd also trade up for Dadrion Taylor-Demerson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I learned last week that my co-worker is friends with Jalyx Hunt and went to school with him at Cornel. Her team is the Eagles, so she's got to be elated.

Loving what the Eagles have done so far.  Gotten a lot of my draft crushes.  Definitely going to be a tougher team to beat if they can get their offense going again. 

• Like 1

Payton Wilson finally off the board to the Steelers. Rappaport mentioned that Wilson doesn't have an ACL in one of his knees, but there's been guys like that that have had good, long careers.

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

And there went Wilson.  Too bad nobody is online to mourn.

I'm here, but hearing the specifics of his knee made me feel ok about not drafting him.

• Like 1

@IinD  I also like good stories like Adidas Isaac. I did not know that he was a NY kid (Brooklyn). He cares for three of his siblings who are non-verbal. That is a good story. I'm rooting for him to have a good career.

• Like 1

What a draft so far! I just got home from a sales appointment for work and started catching up on all of this madness. 

What a draft so far! Loving the first and second picks. Our team got better today. No doubt about that. 

I don’t know anything about this Gonclave guy, but I agree with other posters that you can never stock up enough on OL depth/future potential starters. Looking forward to reading up on him. 

Most importantly, I am so gosh darn proud of this forum. This is one of the best draft threads I think we have ever had on here. I had my reservations/ concerns after the first few weeks of free agency. But this has been amazing to catch up on. Keep being awesome, folks! 

Can’t wait for the season to start! Go ‘Shoe! 

• Like 4