Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals DE Henderickson wants to be traded

Virtuoso80

1 hour ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Yeah, not sure Bengals will honor the request, but if so I think the Colts would definitely be interested.

Played for Partridge at FAU

Ballard mentioned him by name in pre draft presser, in regards to being unique player coached by Partridge.

Already went after high end DE in FA.

• Like 2

He's a hell of a player. If any team other than Cincy were to take him, I'd definitely want it to be Indy. But I think you're right, @w87r, I don't see the Bengals honoring that request just like with Higgins. The front office I imagine is telling them "go help us win a Super Bowl and then you can make as much money as you want!". 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

He's a hell of a player. If any team other than Cincy were to take him, I'd definitely want it to be Indy. But I think you're right, @w87r, I don't see the Bengals honoring that request just like with Higgins. The front office I imagine is telling them "go help us win a Super Bowl and then you can make as much money as you want!". 

Yeah, always liked Hendrickson, all the way back to his draft.

I was putting together some trade packages together, last night, in the #15 pick thread (I think). If by chance they did decided to let him go.

What value do you think they would be looking to get back? Think I had 1 with Bengals getting back #31 pick value, and another around #40.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, always liked Hendrickson, all the way back to his draft.

I was putting together some trade packages together, last night, in the #15 pick thread (I think). If by chance they did decided to let him go.

What value do you think they would be looking to get back? Think I had 1 with Bengals getting back #31 pick value, and another around #40.

That seems fair to me, but I'm no expert when it comes to player value. I would probably suck as a general manager because I care too much about the person instead of the position. Being a manager takes a bit of cold heartedness to let people go and to trade lives and families away. 

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

They are going to want a 1st

I would do it......  

Market doesn't dictate that. Give them a 3rd and let them talk you into a 2nd, so that they feel like winning, knowing all along a 2nd was something you were willing to part with. 😉

Like the Khalil Mack trade between the Bears and The Chargers, when there is a significant contract that needs to be absorbed or upgraded, that is what you do. Chargers gave up a 2nd in 2022 and a 6th in 2023.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/roster-move-bears-trade-khalil-mack-chargers

So there is some precedent.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Market doesn't dictate that. Give them a 3rd and let them talk you into a 2nd, so that they feel like winning, knowing all along a 2nd was something you were willing to part with. 😉

Like the Khalil Mack trade between the Bears and The Chargers, when there is a significant contract that needs to be absorbed or upgraded, that is what you do. Chargers gave up a 2nd in 2022 and a 6th in 2023.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/roster-move-bears-trade-khalil-mack-chargers

So there is some precedent.

That would be better