Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Tobin Passed Away

Don't remember much of him as a kid besides the altercation with Mel Kiper. Know he drafted Marshall Faulk and was the GM of the Colts for that 95 Colts team with Jim Harbaugh. He brought me a lot of laughs roasting Mel Kiper. RIP Bill!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Brought the Indianapolis Colts their first real taste of playoff success.  Rest easy Bill!

?

I thought it said Bill Polian.     Once I realized it was Tobin I deleted what I said 

• Thanks 1

Did Irsay even say anything in public at least about Tobin’s passing I don’t think so . He’s always on X commenting about someone’s passing. I don’t think he said anything about Tobin’s passing that I know of.  Was there some bad blood between them two or what?  I think Tobin only lasted like three seasons with the Colts. 

4 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Did Irsay even say anything in public at least about Tobin’s passing I don’t think so . He’s always on X commenting about someone’s passing. I don’t think he said anything about Tobin’s passing that I know of.  Was there some bad blood between them two or what?  I think Tobin only lasted like three seasons with the Colts. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 7:46 AM, John Hammonds said:

Classic.  Just classic.

Kiper still adamantly claims that he was right, as Trent Dilfer was a super bowl winning qb...with his 2nd team..and we all know that it was his 12-25 153 yards that put the Ravens over the top in that SB that Baltimore won 34-7!

No one can argue that Alberts didn't end up a bust(and was a complete jerk) but any hindsight of that draft says the Colts mistake was not taking Bryant Young, Aaron Glenn, or Sam Adams in that 4 slot.

Bill Tobin brought an immediate turnaround for this franchise. His biggest mistake wasn't passing on Dilfer, but firing Ted Marchibroda.