Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Camp Confidential: Indianapolis Colts [Merge]

bayone

VERY Long Article , on varying issues

1st An Intoduction

THREE ISSUES discussed in Detail

1. Manning’s health.

2. Is the secondary deep enough?

3. Will the passing game have enough consistent weapons?

Then discussed are

BIGGEST SURPRISE

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

then these observations

OBSERVATION DECK

Delone Carter is coming into a perfect situation as a rookie. He’s unlike any of the Colts' other running backs and should get chances in short yardage and goal-line situations. If Javarris James ran for six touchdowns last season, Carter could run for 12 this fall. The Colts can continue to praise Donald Brown, but with Joseph Addai back and Carter in the fold, when does Brown get on the field?

It was a surprise to find Lacey as the No. 2 cornerback at the start of camp. He was better as a rookie than in his second season. And he can be an effective piece of the secondary. But I’d bet on Tryon passing him before opening day.

After one long and hot afternoon practice session, two players stuck around to catch machine-thrown balls: Wayne and Bethea. Those are some solid veterans and the kind of guys any team would like to have leading the way.

Manning didn’t react well to TV crews that saw a recent throwing and running session. My understanding is that the Earth is still spinning, however. I understand being private, but everything and everyone cannot always be controlled. Did I miss the catastrophic outcome?

The buzz is good on Hughes, and with him and Anderson in the mix, the Colts may pace Freeney and Mathis better. That could make for fresher stars in December and January.

They won’t talk until after the season, but as of now I’d expect the Colts to try to keep both Wayne and Mathis with new contracts.

Jacques McClendon or Joe Reitz could be an upgrade over Kyle DeVan at left guard. The big question on the line to me -- presuming Anthony Castonzo takes over left tackle reasonably quickly -- is right guard. Mike Pollak has had sufficient opportunity, and the team can aspire to be better there. Couldn’t they be better with Ben Ijalanathere until he’s ready to displace Ryan Diem at right tackle?

'Tis the season for Garcon to prove he's a consistently reliable threat. He had too many drops and too many lapses last season. He needs to be more than fast. He spent more time with Manning this offseason, before the neck surgery, than he did last offseason.

Have a great night, I must get off now

My link

thank you bayone!

"Manning didn’t react well to TV crews that saw a recent throwing and running session. My understanding is that the Earth is still spinning, however. I understand being private, but everything and everyone cannot always be controlled. Did I miss the catastrophic outcome?"

I don't quite understand the situation here, what does that mean?

thank you bayone!

"Manning didn’t react well to TV crews that saw a recent throwing and running session. My understanding is that the Earth is still spinning, however. I understand being private, but everything and everyone cannot always be controlled. Did I miss the catastrophic outcome?"

I don't quite understand the situation here, what does that mean?

P Money didn't want TV coverage of their practices. fan-shot footage early on and during the first scrimmage is one thing, but he apparently took offense to publicly broadcasting part of the practice.

I really enjoyed this article so I thought I'd share:

My link

"The same team is a major threat to win the division and compete for home-field advantage in the playoffs. Should it break through for the third Super Bowl appearance of the Peyton Manning era, a huge prize awaits: The game will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium."

Merged the two threads as they were discussing the same thing.

I think it's too early to call Collie injury-prone. He had some bad luck with the concussions, but that was just 1 season. He doesn't have the track record that Bob Sanders or Roy Hall have.

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking about Collie. He had a bad year last year but I don't call him injury prone from that. We had a lot of injuries last year and let's hope they go somewhere else this year. We paid our dues with them last year. Even with that we still pulled out the Division.

I'm hoping Carter will play well enough to move to 2nd on the depth chart so the Colts will have a great blocking/catching back with a solid running game in Addai and a straight ground and pound with Carter. Problem is Brown seems like only one on our team with break away speed, not factoring on how Evans and Spann play..

i worry about Collie because of one very good medical reason. it's been said and i do believe proven that once someone receives a concussion they are more susceptible and prone to another one. if i am wrong on this please show me and i'll retract my point but yeah it worries me he gets another one this year or two he's gonna have to call it quits early like steve young had to with his concussion

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking about Collie. He had a bad year last year but I don't call him injury prone from that. We had a lot of injuries last year and let's hope they go somewhere else this year. We paid our dues with them last year. Even with that we still pulled out the Division.

No way Collie is injury Prone, Hits were devastating, anyone without time to protect themselves and hit immediately in head ( & FROM BOTH SIDES VIRTUALLY AT ONCE )in the middle of the field can suffer concussion,

HOWEVER__ Problem may have been allowing to come back before entirely ready once was in real game situation, and with another hit of course u go down, then later in season again, Whether u call it 2 or 3 concussions , problem now is that they were close to each other he may or may not be more susceptible now, medical evidence leans to yes , but nothing definitive on this particular individual, other teams know this & will try & take him out, psychologically scare him, do whatever they can to hit him quite hard, even legal hits that drive head into ground may purposely be taken making sure / or attempting to make sure its head first into ground and not rest of body.

However if he suffers 1 or 2 this year that are of same degree he may have to reconsider his carer, again teams will make sure he is hit to test him

We need a few clear outside catches where not hit as hard first to help restore confidence & that will help when next get hits across the middle

------------------------------------

Hopefully whatever this prototype helmet is i keep reading bout is, it offers protection that is effective

New Helmet links will have a topic thread on it, have read many others

My link

@concussionblog

The Concussion Blog

@IndyStarSports @injuryexpert the earhole, profile, ridge at base of "skull" are all unique. This is a prototype from someone... Cont

11 Aug via TweetDeck

My link

No way Collie is injury Prone, Hits were devastating, anyone without time to protect themselves and hit immediately in head ( & FROM BOTH SIDES VIRTUALLY AT ONCE )in the middle of the field can suffer concussion,

HOWEVER__ Problem may have been allowing to come back before entirely ready once was in real game situation, and with another hit of course u go down, then later in season again, Whether u call it 2 or 3 concussions , problem now is that they were close to each other he may or may not be more susceptible now, medical evidence leans to yes , but nothing definitive on this particular individual, other teams know this & will try & take him out, psychologically scare him, do whatever they can to hit him quite hard, even legal hits that drive head into ground may purposely be taken making sure / or attempting to make sure its head first into ground and not rest of body.

However if he suffers 1 or 2 this year that are of same degree he may have to reconsider his carer, again teams will make sure he is hit to test him

We need a few clear outside catches where not hit as hard first to help restore confidence & that will help when next get hits across the middle

------------------------------------

Hopefully whatever this prototype helmet is i keep reading bout is, it offers protection that is effective

New Helmet links will have a topic thread on it, have read many others

My link

@concussionblog

The Concussion Blog

@IndyStarSports @injuryexpert the earhole, profile, ridge at base of "skull" are all unique. This is a prototype from someone... Cont

11 Aug via TweetDeck

My link

As violent as this sport is i dont think there are many players if any who will want to end a players career because they dont want them to score. Collies chances of getting another concussion this season is pretty high, helmet to helmet will always happen in football especially with colts receivers since peyton always seems to put his receivers out like that (not on purpose of course)..

"Jacques McClendon or Joe Reitz could be an upgrade over Kyle DeVan at left guard. The big question on the line to me -- presuming Anthony Castonzo takes over left tackle reasonably quickly -- is right guard. Mike Pollak has had sufficient opportunity, and the team can aspire to be better there. Couldn’t they be better with Ben Ijalana there until he’s ready to displace Ryan Diem at right tackle?"

I would MUCH rather see Ijalana at RT and move Diem inside to the RG so he doesn't false start !

Costanzo-DeVan-Saturday-Diem-Ijalana

I wrote DeVan in here b/c McClendon has been getting blown-up by Nevis in practice, so I'm not sure if he's really ready to go yet..?

As violent as this sport is i dont think there are many players if any who will want to end a players career because they dont want them to score. Collies chances of getting another concussion this season is pretty high, helmet to helmet will always happen in football especially with colts receivers since peyton always seems to put his receivers out like that (not on purpose of course)..

Agree, but its a very personal decision, One he has to make with family & hopefully wont have too